What's new

Nirvana White Rhino Smells Like Juicy Fruit Gum! Anybody seen this?

L

LolaGal

Well, I am shocked, but microwaved bud still tastes like Juicy Fruit on the exhale, so I have great hopes for cured bud.

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
ooh and thats a lovely big pile of it you have to look foward to :D

can I ask about how long you vegged her, flowered her and final dry yield? looks impressive :smile:

j :smile:

L

LolaGal

Well that is the tops of one plant. I started her on December 14, 2008 if I remember correctly. Then I vegged her until Jan 18 and I flipped her. 10 days later my area got slammed by a Giant Ice Storm. Power was out for 12 days and nights. Temps down into the teens and sometimes 0.

Well, I figure my whole crop is gone, and I'm really bummed, but the Nirvana strains I had going were all ALIVE! They had also decided to sex themselves, leaving me with one female Nirvana White Rhino and one female Nirvana California Orange Bud.

Of course they were the runts of the litter and were the smallest of all my huge Nirvana NL Haze, Rhino, and Cali O plants.

I saved some pollen from the males and decided to put the 2 girls back into veg around 2/10 or thereabouts. Went on vegging until 3/26, when I got my grow room walls built and added some lights.

I flipped her on March 26 and have her and her children in a 10x12 ft room with 4 400 watt MH/HPS HIDs.

I decided to cut the tops off a little early because I wanted to let light get down into the bottom 2/3 of the plant where the buds weren't forming well.

AND, I was outta smoke :joint:

So, I let her get about 4 feet tall, then I supercropped her. As she started forming more tops and stretching, I used weights to weigh the tops down. She still got about 5 feet tall, but would have been 7 footer if I didn't LST the tops.

I am running in Miracle Grow Soil, perlite, and earthworm poop from WalMart.

For ferts I use Classic Jack's 10-52-20 at 1/4 tsp gallon and add a pinch of Northern Lights Fat Flower, for resin production. I add 5 ml of Sugar Daddy to each gallon every watering. Every now and then I give them some Cal Mag Plus, about once every 6 waterings.

I use a 15 inch plastic planters with a catch tray. I'd guess bigger than 5 gallon bucket, so maybe 10 gallon planters. I run my water at 6.8 pH and try to keep runoff pH at least 6.6. I kept humidity low in veg around 28-35%. Humidity now is at the whim of the weather here, but currently running 56%. I keep my temps as low as possible with an oscillating fan and fans exiting the main window in the grow. High canopy temp is around 85 F with nighttime lows in the 50s and 60s most nights.

I don't own any scales, but can tell if a 1/4 is short a gram by feel. I'd guess it's at least a pound soaking wet, so hoping for at least 5 quart Mason Jars to can from her so far. I got my Mammaw's old Blue Mason jars washed and ready with new lids and rings! Woohoo!

Hope this didn't bore ya'll too much. :D

vince514

seeker of greater knowledge
Veteran
very informative....if you nuked a piece and it still tasted like juicy fruit then a good cure should bring it right out.................................................good stuff lolagal...keep up the good work...:headbange

JamieShoes

Father, Carer, Toker, Sharer
Veteran
excellent grow narrative, very informative indeed... nice yeild, although it might be a little hard to replicate the circumstances again eh hehee :smile:

thanks for the info and well done you :D

L

LolaGal

I think just vegging for so long did the trick.

Here's a picture of her after her haircut. She's still 3 feet tall or more. See the yardstick?
picture.php

Now I'm gonna let the bottom 2/3 get some nice fat buds while I smoke the tops....

Thanks for the comments and helpful advice ya'll. I'm hoping for a nice cure if it lasts 4 months...hahaha

SpruceZeus

I'm currently flowering out my first round with this strain and so far i'm fairly impressed.

A couple of my notes on the 2 phenotypes I've observed.

1)I believe this is the Juicy fruit plant in question.
picture.php

2)This one has bigger buds and a hashier flavour.
picture.php

I'm really having a tough time picking a mama from these two. The Fruitier one is a bit more resinated but the hashy xmas tree one is without a doubt the producer.

Either way, i'm pretty impressed with this strain, considering it comes from a "bargain breeder"

L

LolaGal

Spruce Zeus: Yup! That looks just like Sadie, The Juicy Fruit White Rhino... If only I had a good camera... thanks for posting. I appreciate the good pic. That is what my buds look like ya'll!

Shovelhandle/Cracky: Thanks a lot.