What's new

NIRVANA SEEDS FAN THREAD

keat

Now i've read the whole thread and seen some of the dankest shiz ever!
Got white rhino, b52, blue mystic and ice waiting in the fridge for the tent to empty up.

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Now i've read the whole thread and seen some of the dankest shiz ever!
Got white rhino, b52, blue mystic and ice waiting in the fridge for the tent to empty up.
I have a B-52 growing right now. You should move it to the top of the list if you like a strong, racy high.

I have also grown Blue Mystic, which is very nice, more like White Widow in it's strength, but leaning slightly more to Northern Lights/Afghani.

Weedbeat

Veteran
Hi there,i like Nirvana,too :smokeit:
here is my Snow White feminised.

she is very fast, ready in 9 weeks and smells very fruity
a wonderful taste to smoke, very hard buds with a nice consistency .
She is one of my favorites!:joint:

best regards

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
has anyone purchased some Aurora?
Grew it out too, but I harvested too early. This is personal, but the stone with the 12.5% high of the Skunk #1 in the background got me really down. You get a down stone, but then that is accellerated by the THC in the background, which instead of lifting you up, pulls you down further. But I have to say get down from a stone anyway, but this combo just put it's foot on the pedal.

But that is highly personal. I like sativa highs, and Nirvana did advertise Aurora Indica as their strongest Indica.

phog

Veteran
hey icon- no pine smell yet but maybe as it matures. it's an addicting lemony smell though.:wave:

tanzanianmagic- aurora is afghan x northern lights, maybe it felt like a sativa high because you chopped early.:wave:

i love the big yeilds of blue mystic. along with the flavor and smell of blueberry muffins durring and after the grow ....

with a potentcy thats above average.

papaya is next. along with power kush and C99 if they ever germ

zeeland

hey everybody!

this thread is one of my favourite. actualy, reading this, inspired me to purchase some nirvana seeds for this outdoor season. I don't know anything about the potency of their genetics, yet, but the germination rate and the overall growth and vigor are excelent. here is a picture of a aurora indica growing in an outdoor grow tent

soon, I will post some pics of my outdoor guerilla grow consisting of some papaya and some more aurora indica

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
tanzanianmagic- aurora is afghan x northern lights, maybe it felt like a sativa high because you chopped early.:wave:
Hi Phog,

Aurora Indica is Afghani x Northern Light, and Northern Light is Afghani x Skunk #1.

Skunk #1 is a cross of Afghani with Acapulco Gold and Colombian.

On Aurora Indica, the way it worked on me was that it felt getting heavily stoned from the Afghani, and then the sativa working to turn it into a bad dream, with lots of anxiety. It was just the way that combo worked on my constitution and makeup. I really like sativas with no indica in the background - except when the indica (Afghani) is unnoticable, like in the Jock Horror.

D

deathtosoapbar

Hi Phog,

Aurora Indica is Afghani x Northern Light, and Northern Light is Afghani x Skunk #1.

Skunk #1 is a cross of Afghani with Acapulco Gold and Colombian.

On Aurora Indica, the way it worked on me was that it felt getting heavily stoned from the Afghani, and then the sativa working to turn it into a bad dream, with lots of anxiety. It was just the way that combo worked on my constitution and makeup. I really like sativas with no indica in the background - except when the indica (Afghani) is unnoticable, like in the Jock Horror.

Was your aurora indica from the regular packs or feminized? I grew the regular version in 06' and it was TOTALLY narcotic amazing smoke, not a hint of sativa...ive seen people get sativa type effects off the aurora indica fems thats why i ask.
I was under the impression that northern lights genetically is a cross of afghan and a thai landrace? Can anyone confirm this because i never heard that it was afghani x skunk1

yoss33

Veteran
Indeed NL is an afghan line, back-crossed with Thai at some point and then selected for many generations. So theoretically it has 25% sativa in it.
A friend has been growing AI for several years and I've had the chance to taste different plants harvested at different times. To sum up, if harvested early most AI plants have quite some head in their high (say, like a 50/50 hybrid), nice mellow but thinking high, at moments paranoid, even racy (in the first half hour). If harvested late, the raciness is gone, the mellowness is much heavier and it becomes almost complete couchlock (not 100% like pure afghan though).
I'd say the timing of harvest is very important with AI and you can have quite a variation in the effect. Same goes for all affie indicas in my humble experience.

yoss33

Veteran
Royal Flush (i.e. Nirvana Special) just starting to flower.
picture.php

TanzanianMagic

Veteran
Indeed NL is an afghan line, back-crossed with Thai at some point and then selected for many generations. So theoretically it has 25% sativa in it.
You could be right that Northern Lights is Afghani x Thai, but it is a very old strain, 22-23 years old (1987-1988), and Skunk #1 was introduced into Holland in 1978.

I don't know if there were a lot of sativas around at that time, other than Skunk #1. Let alone Thai.

If someone has a reference.

And you are right that the effect might be from picking early.