Northern lights
Jock horror
Super Silver haze
Bubblelicious
Master kush
Skunk#1
White widow

80 seeds for 150, not far off what you pay for 1 pack these days

I've got high hopes for the ssh and the skunk, I'm hoping it's the old skunk1 I used to get back in the early 90s.

I've got an old mate in his early 60s, still says the best smoke he ever had back I the day was orange bud, not for potency, but the super pleasant effects
Nice score, where did you source them from? (If you can say of course)

JockBudman

The vault got nirvana regs in stock. I picking up haze no1 and aurora indica. See how they are these days, both were great memories
I tried the vault but they didn't have the northern lights regs in stock which is what I was after. I ended up with fems instead

JockBudman

I just looked, the regs were on page 2
Maybe they got fresh stock, but when I ordered they were listed in stock then but they emailed to say they only had fems. Considering Nirvana seem not to be doing regs anymore I'm not sure how they could get new in.

Not the first time I've encountered a bank listing stuff as in stock when it isn't...

Dirt Life

Veteran
I had two keepers I kept over a decade that were Nirvana; NLxShiva and Haze19xSkunk. Both were some of the best smoke ever imo.. lost both last year due to a type of blight. Actually got so depressed, stopped growing for over a year. Just started again not that long ago.
And IMHO, I don't believe Nirvana offered knock-offs, at least not when they first started. I believe they were F2's of already worked strains from what was around back then, such as Positronics, Sensi, ect.. but, that's just what I think.

zachrockbadenof

Veteran
the best... and i mean the best weed we have ever grown was a jock horror from nirvana- when people talk 'elites' , i've only had but one.... it was ass-kickin. unfort being old and stupid, we didn't take a cutting- since that time (15-20yrs), we have grown out 2 1/2 of the 3 packs we bought, and even a pack of jack herer, and nothing has come close...

the moral... don;t be old and stupid...

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
I had two keepers I kept over a decade that were Nirvana; NLxShiva and Haze19xSkunk. Both were some of the best smoke ever imo.. lost both last year due to a type of blight. Actually got so depressed, stopped growing for over a year. Just started again not that long ago.
And IMHO, I don't believe Nirvana offered knock-offs, at least not when they first started. I believe they were F2's of already worked strains from what was around back then, such as Positronics, Sensi, ect.. but, that's just what I think.
I think that's true. They crossed everything with their favorite male plant. If I remember right, it was a White Widow male, but I'm not at all sure about that. Someone here will know maybe.

Dirt Life

Veteran
And just to add some pics to this thread, here's a couple pics from the two ladies that unfortunately left me last year..

Haze19xSkunk
full

NLxShiva
full

Dirt Life

Veteran
Thank you, N4W.. it's hard even looking at their pics for me... that's how much I loved those plants.
Just to clarify, Nirvana did create their own versions of well know lines, such as Jock Horror to Jack Herrer, but, they didn't try to pass it off as "authentic" JH... they always said what it was. Anyways, enough championing Nirvana Genetics, as I haven't grown most, if not any, of there "new" offerings.. but, there old catalog, no matter what the truth really is, DID absolutely hold some diamonds in the rough. If you are lucky enough to get some of the old yellow packs, take pains to germinate those beans... they are rare, and I personally believe they are derived from well know old school Dutch lines.

full

need4weed

Veteran
Thank you, N4W.. it's hard even looking at their pics for me... that's how much I loved those plants.
Just to clarify, Nirvana did create their own versions of well know lines, such as Jock Horror to Jack Herrer, but, they didn't try to pass it off as "authentic" JH... they always said what it was. Anyways, enough championing Nirvana Genetics, as I haven't grown most, if not any, of there "new" offerings.. but, there old catalog, no matter what the truth really is, DID absolutely hold some diamonds in the rough. If you are lucky enough to get some of the old yellow packs, take pains to germinate those beans... they are rare, and I personally believe they are derived from well know old school Dutch lines.

full
@Dirt Life interesting when you see packs like those, like collectable cards. Almost like a time capsule, as would be the seeds in them. Also interesting is the list of strains on these pack, the vast majority are still available. That's not to say the same parents are being used but it is hopeful that those diamonds are still within

willydread

Dread & Alive
Veteran
My opinion (personal, it's not an absolute truth) is that some things are (or were) f2 of "famous" varieties of other SB, like posi, sensi, etc., others have been crossed with skunk or nl, often they have said openly; some things like haze have been bred a lot today, but their old haze (presumably from posi stock) was pure and great...

This is just my opinion, only Nirvana staff know the truth...

Latest posts

Latest posts