What's new

nirvana eldorado

M.R.GT

Veteran
Hey Jhhnn

Your Eldorado is looking good. Filling in nicely. What ya figure another week and half of stretch??

How tall are they now?? Ya said they are sitting on top of 5 gallon buckets??

The goatwreck haze has definitely leaning toward the haze side it seems. The look a bit stretchy but I guess that's to be expected. What's the flower time on those?? Looks like your going to have fun keeping those babies under control.

Ya doing one hell of a job. Keep it rocking.

Peace
GT

jay sus

WCS. nute deficiency,or insufficient rooting. i think.
CC. 2 to 3 weeks. sweet, over ripe fruit. no hash.

Last edited:

SpaceBros.

popped two seeds 3 weeks ago. slow progress(had them in balcony first two weeks and it has been really cold summer here. now under 300w led panel for few days)https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=62303&pictureid=1470265View Image

*El Dorado is a 12 (or more) generation back-cross of a Oaxacan land-race to a member of the white family (possibly White Widow). It's likely to be highly inbred with may account for a early lack of vigor.

how was it? was it at least sativa? in some pics it looks like sativa and in others more hybrid.

Maybe that's a bit of the White Widow coming through. Environment also plays a part. Grow them outdoors in the Oaxacan Hihglands and maybe you'll see more Sativa features. It's supposedly a fairly uniform strain according to Nirvana so maybe environmental influence.

They do look quite vigorous indeed. Why do they have such wide leaves? Isn't el dorado supposed to be a 100% sativa from Mexico?
Do you think it was crossed to a Dutch indica hybrid to shorten the flowering time?

Yes El Dorado is an almost 100% Mexican Sativa, Oaxacan to be exact. A female Oaxacan clone was likely bred with a male White Widow and back-crossed for at least a dozen generations. This may have resulted in a reduce flowering period but I don't believe that was their main intention. Not all Mexican Sativas were of the narrow leaf type. Some say Oaxacan was a broad leaf, others a narrow leaf. Maybe it's a highland vs lowland thing. Not all Sativas are of the Narrow leaf type.

Jhhnn

Veteran
*El Dorado is a 12 (or more) generation back-cross of a Oaxacan land-race to a member of the white family (possibly White Widow). It's likely to be highly inbred with may account for a early lack of vigor.

Maybe that's a bit of the White Widow coming through. Environment also plays a part. Grow them outdoors in the Oaxacan Hihglands and maybe you'll see more Sativa features. It's supposedly a fairly uniform strain according to Nirvana so maybe environmental influence.

Yes El Dorado is an almost 100% Mexican Sativa, Oaxacan to be exact. A female Oaxacan clone was likely bred with a male White Widow and back-crossed for at least a dozen generations. This may have resulted in a reduce flowering period but I don't believe that was their main intention. Not all Mexican Sativas were of the narrow leaf type. Some say Oaxacan was a broad leaf, others a narrow leaf. Maybe it's a highland vs lowland thing. Not all Sativas are of the Narrow leaf type.

Even way back when, circa 1970, some Mexicans were broadleaf. I know because friends & I grew guerrilla style back then, if poorly. The only ganja we'd ever seen was Mexican other than rare encounters w/ Vietnamese & hash.

Quite where in Mexico a particular batch came from was usually more a matter of legend than anything else. It's a big country.

It seems clear that Nirvana has put a lot of work into Eldorado, making selections advantageous to indoor growing. The ones I have flowering now are well behaved w/ strong stems, uniform bushy growth, moderate stretch into flowering & good frosty bud formation & structure.

Harvest is still a long ways out but I like what I'm seeing so far. I'll try to post some examples of my lousy photo skills later today.

jay sus

of this being a hybrid i´d say this is sativa on all intents and purposes. there´s no other hybrid traits in this save for density of its buds. but what this is is worked on and acclimatized strain. of course i only have 1 but will surely pop more. eventually. good going jhhnn! goat wreck haze sure is spindly one.

jay sus

this is probably ready in week or so. sampled a bud yesterday and was impressive. so all in all things are looking good.

jay sus

spacey, bit stony at times. it was just dried for couple of days but taste was sweet, fruity,kinda heavy. not really potent but still very good.

jay sus

here´s some buds. dried 3 weeks. still quite syrupy. medium strenght, nice high. needs cure. so more in few weeks or so

SpaceBros.

El Dorado babes

El Dorado babes

Slow growing here. Weather has been mild and over-watering too. They don't seem to tolerate heavy irrigation that well. 100% germ rate. One is tall & lanky maybe a male, the others more compact much like a hybrid with one having slightly broader leaves than the other.

Attachments

• P1030880.jpg
    P1030880.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 22
  • P1030881.jpg
    P1030881.jpg
    106.5 KB · Views: 20

SpaceBros.

My Eldorado is maturing quickly. I don't think it'll need to go 12 weeks. More like 11, tops-

https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=52773&pictureid=1524888

That's the most mature at ~9-1/2 weeks under twin Philips 315w CDM & blumats in organic soil.

Behind it to the left is the smaller of 2 goat wreck haze which look like they'll need 12 weeks.

Both varieties have very good flower to leaf ratios.

Very nice coloring on the leaves and buds there :) Overall structure and leaves are looking pretty Sativa now IMHO. Can I recommend harvesting in stages rather than the whole plant at once. Crown looks so tasty mmm

SpaceBros.

Oaxacan update

Oaxacan update

Starting to look a little better and more Sativa. Medium-small light green colored leaves only the slightest leaflet overlap and generous inter-nodal spacing. 2 pheno's - two plants with smaller leaves and increased inter-nodal spacing (males?), one with larger leaves and less spacing (female?).

SB

Attachments

• P1030905.jpg
    P1030905.jpg
    121.1 KB · Views: 24
  • P1030908.jpg
    P1030908.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 19