What's new

Nigerian Haze ~f1 Isolation / Preservation Project

Abdthi1966

Premium user
Sorry if I missed it but what’s the flowering time range? I know it varies but I’m curious what you’ve seen in the offspring.

Stoneguru

Sorry if I missed it but what’s the flowering time range? I know it varies but I’m curious what you’ve seen in the offspring.
This is my first time around with the F1, but the other Nigerian Hazes lines I have run that were crossed with haze consistently finish between 13-14 weeks for 80% cloudy first sign of amber with around 10% 11-12 w and 10% over 14 weeks.

None of the short or long flowering types have had other attributes that made them more appealing. Usually less.

Abdthi1966

Premium user
This is my first time around with the F1, but the other Nigerian Hazes lines I have run that were crossed with haze consistently finish between 13-14 weeks for 80% cloudy first sign of amber with around 10% 11-12 w and 10% over 14 weeks.

None of the short or long flowering types have had other attributes that made them more appealing. Usually less.
Right on, I look forward to seeing the end result

Stoneguru

Me Too! Right now they are still at the lab until they harden off enough to move.

It's a little inconvenient, but the project will be approximately 6 lots of 6 seed (depending on germination)

The primary reason for this is that these are rare and collections of others. After the tests results of Piffcon

and other legendary lines we know this was a very special make..it is the best way that I can reduce the variables of the project. Making sure they are not all at the same place at the same time without being backed up.

There won't be another real shot at the preservation with the viability on the decline.

Last edited:

Stoneguru

Me Too! Right now they are still at the lab until they harden off enough to move.

It's a little inconvenient, but the project will be approximately 6 lots of 6 seed (depending on germination)

The primary reason for this is that these are rare and collections of others. After the tests results of Piffcon

and other legendary lines we know this was a very special make..it is the best way that I can reduce the variables of the project. Making sure they are not all at the same place at the same time without being backed up.

There won't be another real shot at the preservation with the viability on the decline.
Piffcon was the first time large numbers of haze types were tested at the same time. Numerous patterns were noticed. One of them is that haze consistently has much higher relative ocimene than other varieties.

Stoneguru

If anyone wants to go off topic and talk about other varieties other than Nigerian Haze - then please 🙏 make a thread on whatever topic it is - that so moves you 😉 -
Oh no! Man, I have oh shiny in ADHD attention Deficit in High Definition...I'll do my best though😅🙏✌️

Rgd

Veteran
If anyone wants to go off topic and talk about other varieties other than Nigerian Haze - then please 🙏 make a thread on whatever topic it is - that so moves you 😉 -
just an aside..I found some Nigerian x skva seeds..in my stash
grew once when I got em..the guy said they’re Nigerian dominant bro were not what hebwanted
I found it was definitely skva dominant..and yeh wanted Nigerian dominant lol
also Nigerian crossed to hz nl 5 and one other I forget..

Stoneguru

just an aside..I found some Nigerian x skva seeds..in my stash
grew once when I got em..the guy said they’re Nigerian dominant bro were not what hebwanted
I found it was definitely skva dominant..and yeh wanted Nigerian dominant lol
also Nigerian crossed to hz nl 5 and one other I forget..
I think you'll be happy with those! I got the first real hit on the original 5haze I remember out of a Nigerian haze make.

I was going at about 800-900 hunt per year backing up everything, but messed up not expecting to find it from Nigerian...it had TSB 5haze male so it made sense.

I then dropped a couple grand buying out every old Nigerian make that was listed. The Chem's and Haze have a very special potential together. There were at least 3 made. I think it was Nigerian skva ,Nigerian× stardawg and one other I am not recalling.

Most were all leaning into the Chem's pretty strong regarding growth traits, the profiles competed in some interesting or novel ways. What really stood out way the effect.

Nigerian seriously upgrades the effect in the keepers, but otherwise becomes buried it seems. It feels like you put on some anti gravity boots and have to just laugh at how HIGH you become. Slaps the stone right out chem.

I kept a few for awhile, but to really do something well takes focus and dedication so I have let many keepers go for that reason. I am going to try to at least pass them out for others to explore in the future.

These are a couple tester tents of Silk S x Soulmate which is one of the backdrops in a series to explore and observe the dynamics of the haze/chem re-combinations

Silk S is the mother of the Alpine 1.0 and record holder for Ocimene, CBG and overall terpenes at Piffcon.

I do document the hunts and processes for all the various makes and combinations l, but can't do them on all forums. What is coming out of this make is producing many mutations and adding to the knowledge of how to proceed.

With any Nigerian or Chem there are occasional plants that may have an intersex trait. For what can be found this is of no consequence and should be accepted just like culling a male in my opinion. Inspect the garden. Pull a problem if it arrives and treasure what you find. Worth it. I liked that make!
Screenshot_20240201-083303.png
Screenshot_20240131-221843.png

Last edited:

Stoneguru

5 of 6 have made it from lot 1

3024.jpeg

In around 2 weeks lot 2 will begin of Nigerian Haze (Nigerian Silk x Original pre- '90 5haze) x o-haze

Next up is the other haze curorator who is making this project possible. I look forward to thanking opening, but he has been busy and want to check first.

This is his JJ's Nigerian F1. Nigerian Silk x pre-'90 5haze. The predecessor siblings.
Screenshot_20240202-224546.png

This along with the Silk S / Alpine 1.0 are collectively a series of ancestral haze types of each successive f-gen from the beginning ending with a primordial haze outliers.

From my perspective this is like a set of master keys to open every combination in its finest forms and potentially some of the lost ones.

It's going to be a busy year.
Fascinating project, I have a personal smoke that is very high in oscimene and CBG, but doesn't produce any myrcene. It's like chasing a dragon once you've smelled that smell.
It sure is! Almost addictive. Why the EC Piff crews are obsessed. I heard it described accurately as dank church basement frankincense etc.. those are interrelationships of some of the other haze notes of metals and wood sometimes but dank frank is close.. with a touch of pool or salt .

That part causes a compulsory response of craving or insatiablity.

The only Ocimene test I have seen happen to be a cheese strain..which is some variation of old 5haze as well, but skunked. The main difference is in the addition of terpinolene.

Check this out. What response does cheese cause. Craving ..touch of salt.

Church to cheese with one addition and a few minor place changes.

Ocimene isn't salty for the reader, but it pulls something that way.

Which line did you find it in?

Sincera

A fast flowering Super Lemon Haze that was outcrossed to a high yielding plant I don't have a lot of info on. Maintained a lot of her sativa qualities and according to the lab is 7+% CBG, but those are extroardinary results that I'm chalking up to inflated lab numbers.

But back to the Nigerian, I've seen it on phylos for a while, in fact it was Beyond Organics who submitted it, as far as you know their cut/line comes from the same Top Dawg packs?

Last edited:

Stoneguru

A fast flowering Super Lemon Haze that was outcrossed to a high yielding plant I don't have a lot of info on. Maintained a lot of her sativa qualities and according to the lab is 7+% CBG, but those are extroardinary results that I'm chalking up to inflated lab numbers.

But back to the Nigerian, I've seen it on phylos for a while, in fact it was Beyond Organics who submitted it, as far as you know their cut/line comes from the same Top Dawg packs?
Wow! Lab to lab can be different too, but still very impressive. I have not had Ocimene and limonene together in high amount.

He is a buddy and outstanding gardener! He originally got the Nigerian Silk seed from Danny Danko probably 16 or more years ago now. They are likely from Silks potential to herm. The cut was already supplying mass flower in the 90's . It was in the big book of buds first print.

Beyond Organics has selected out intersex traits for multiple generations now and I believe he has them in a very good place with no problematic herm traits. Possibly better that the cut He also had 3rd place year one with wet flower..highest Ocimene second to mine I think and highest camphene.

The Nigerian Silk cutting was lost to JJ I think, one farm reportedly still has it.

It's a very special plant and being kept for decades winning awards is testimony to it. My preference is the 5haze, but it is probably the best thing aside from SE Asian it could have been crossed to preserve.

Latest posts

Latest posts