What's new

Nigerian Haze ~f1 Isolation / Preservation Project

Stoneguru

Thanks to the collaboration and contributions of friends we are going to be working with one of the most influential haze lines in the last 30 years. It was made by Topdawg Genetics around 2012 or earlier and has been the common parent in recurring awards and highest recording of haze type terpenes.

It is unique to the other makes of Nevil's original 5haze of The Seed Bank in that everything else was selected or bred to indica BLD which can irrecoverably change the haze effect and terpenes. JJ went the opposite of those at the time and recovering an old original pack selected the most NLD 5haze male and crossed it to Nigerian Silk (100% sativa).

This effectively preserved the haze qualities of the 5haze potential within its genetics. There will be numerous accessions and isolations made and several goals including selection to the original 5haze cut I remember and further work with the aneoploid/mutant traits of Nevil's original 5haze work and Alpine Haze 1.0...more to come

Thanks for making this possible @blazer 🙏

Merry Christmas Everyone ✌💓
IMG_7211 (1).jpeg
Screenshot_20231221-184603~2.png
Screenshot_20231221-202539~2.png
Screenshot_20231221-202611~2.png

Last edited:

Stoneguru

@Stoneguru can take a little joke don't you worry. Mans a terror in the best way possible. Looking forward to following this man.
It can sure get fun, but from what I've heard the only forum that will tolerate our antics is the Bean Basement.

"This thread is like the burning trash barrel the homeless gather by to stay warm at night". -Phantom

I'll try to behave here😅

Stoneguru

We both have stock still fwiw
I like what your doing tho
TC is my next venture
Oh wow… best of luck.. good to see some people still have seeds of this.
I still have a few packs of top dawg strains in the original old packs..
Thank you both! It was reported that a well stored Nigerian Haze pack was down to 50% germ from an experienced grower.

This first set of 3 was a bit challenging, but are alive. We are going to work with as many as possible to develop the isolations and accessions for recombination in line breeding back further into the primordial haze as an means to potentiate punctuated equilibrium....and shit like that🙏✌️
15972.jpeg

Stoneguru

Nigerian Haze #1 (Blazers Collection)

1931~2.jpeg

It is very beneficial to document the early traits, (~before node 6) for later correspondence.

The mutations are known in both Nigerian Silk and Nevil’s 5haze and all ng with the other physical traits make it possible to more accurately differentiate Nigerian Silk from 5haze.

Beyond organics is the only one who has been working with the Nigerian Silk line work in ongoing capacity. Discussion and pictures (below) have been very helpful in working toward the 5haze isolations like Silk S and Buzzsaw male as well as the Alpine 1.0

Screenshot_20240118-121717.png
Screenshot_20240118-123005.png
Screenshot_20240118-121625.png

Screenshot_20240118-121427.png

So far #1 is dominant in Nigerian Silk traits on numerous traits.

The real value of this work to me is that it was a direct outcross from the original pack to equatorial NLD… This is similar to Nevil’s final work in the Outback haze of Selecting the toward his male A from 122 plants. 2 were selected. NH21 out to Hempy’s '78 Thai and back to NH36.

I have had the privilege to run an Outback F2 from Dwight Diottas selection. He was one of Nevil’s closest friends and selected down from the largest collection of the Outback line with great familiarity on Nevil's selection process's. Some of which were directly responsible for discovering Silk S. The 2 year record holder of Ocimene, terpenes and CBG ratio at Piffcon. Dwight's Outback was one of the most exceptional haze lines I have run for a long time and was altogether a successful process imo

The Nigerian Haze may not have been as methodical but similarly The most NLD male of original 5haze (male C). Out to Nigerian NLD…

This project is demonstrating the process of working toward isolations. Note the smooth serration and generally smooth taper on the Nigerian Silk , offset petioles etc.

It could be pointed out that male C is still preserved better or more 'purely' in other C5. I have been searching that route many years and it took a hard wrong turn by mid 90's. This was also Nevil's and many other experiences.

Further, the specific haze profile that I consider second to none and far superior to the Piff incense types. The only times I have found (though very rare ~.2%) It since '95 was in descendants of this line.

Stoneguru

Amazing job amigo!
Always interested on your projects
Alpine Haze 1.0 was a really good one to me
I hope to keep it working with it in a future!
It's a haze makers dream in effect and profile. Records in all the right places and drops everything that isn't. Overall as a haze 1.0 seems like a synergy between SE Asian and Mexican..Mexican in the trichome stems anyway.
Screenshot_20240119-114903.png

I look forward to seeing what you make with it!

Latest posts

Latest posts