What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NGB MICRO BOX

Wish I was still there..

Wish I was still there..

Gotta hate that. I actually bought my digi cam just for shooting grow pics - then I turned out to really like photography and I been taking pictures of everything since. I went to hawaii not too long ago - check this out.

Top of the crater @ Maui Haleakala Hawaii

2 Very Cool things up there-
1. Sunrise @ 10,000Feet
2. The Silversword Plant (Blooms once in it's life - then dies..)

The second pic of the silversword is of one thats in bloom. The record of blooms was last year - this year this one is the only known to be in bloom in the world. This climate is totally cracked out - I can't understand how these plants grow. The silversword is said to be some distant cousin of the sun flower - as you can see in bloom it does look very much like them.

Only grows up there in the super humidity and super cold (40degree) weather up in the clouds. Scope it- :joint:

Anyway off my tangent LOL - I got a cheap energizer battery charger with 4 AA batteries for $10 at the familia dollar store. I keep one pair in the camera and the other in the charger. When one dies - I swap. Easy enough and I never run out of battery power!

Last edited:

stevr59

I GOT SOME OLS RADIO SHACK RECHAGE BUT TOOK LIKE 6 SHOT AND THEY WHENT DEAD TRY SOME REG ENERGIZER MAX AND DID ABOUT THE SAME THING SEEMS ONLY BATTERY THAT SEEM TO LAST IS LITHIUM I AM USEING A HP M417 5.2 MEXAPIXELS

HP = BATTERY MONSTER

HP = BATTERY MONSTER

Dude! Watch out! The hp cameras like that are total battery monsters. I took 250+ pics on my vacation swapping out the 2-AA batteries once in my week stay there with my canon. Phenominal camera - power shot series if you ever upgrade. I had another hp camera that would eat 2-AA batteries after 6 pictures - no joke. Excellent looking pics, but thats obserd. :badday:

Anyone know about what Rubber Block this is thats shown as a necessary part in the list on creating the SWC? I went to home depot and couldn't find it and I asked and they said they didn't know either - unless they knew what I was doing - which of course I didn't because I was 'part shopping for my pop.' Whats the regular purpose of the rubber sponge block thing and where can I find one?

Heh. Well I asked my gf's mom and she said its something you can find at a craft store. Kind of similar to those foam square used for putting flower arrangements in a vase.

duggy

looks like the ol' NGB is the design of choice, eh? I'll cop the basics of the design, though grow in soil. I'll put a desk top on it and shallow drawers in the front which hinge right off. I'm not even stoned and I think I'm making no sense.

Any rate, I'll bust out the saw this sunday and post some pictures of what happens.

yaar!
duggy :smoker:

minds_I

Veteran
Hello duggy,

I have a simillar NGB style cab. I have made modifications to it but have yet to make the biggest change.

I find that when I use the vent system as is-the air temp of the flowering cab has already been warmed from the lights in the veg cab.

My design change is to keep the exhaust fan in the utility room as it is, but I am going to draw cooling air for each chamber directly-this will keep my flower chamber temps down alot better rather then having the air cycle through the veg cab first heating the air.

I am using a dayton 265 and I know there enough flowrate to divert some to the smaller veg chamber.

Since the utility chamber is a vacuum anyway, I run the carbon filter in reverse and attacth the duct to the fan directly.

You may want to consider this. Hope it helps.

minds_I
minds_I

duggy

thanks, minds! i was considering exhausting both the veg and the flower chamber directly out the back. this might make carbon filtering tough, however. I'm going to stick to PC fans because stealth is an issue. i thought i'd build one right into the light hood and then one on the back wall of the cabinet.

i got a mini aquaruim that i'll set up on top of the desk as an excuse for the noise.

bought materials today! getting excited!

duggy
:smoker:

I dont get it. Can someone draw me a picture? Maybe i'm just too :joint: :joint: right now..

Ps. I thought the idea was to have no air intake fans because it will ruin the aspect of the negative presssure? Then you dont know for sure if all the air is TRULY being cleaned. Because if some of it isn't, then its not doing its job.

stevr59

i hope the potencie is better than last grow think i harvested a little to soon last grow but she is getting close now mosly cloudy tricks and the pistal are starting to trun red

stevr59

Well not to be out done Suki here is my best macro shot i could come up with might get some better one but seem my cameria keep eatting batts 4 shots to a new aa and about the same with fresh rechages but does any one know how long i got till harvest time ?

Stevr - That macro shot kina sucks. Here's a tip though. You can take another pic that close which is fine. Make sure the macro feature and auto-focus on your camera is on. Also adjust your resolution on the camera to a really large photo. This way you will get a much more enhances quality and then when you open the pic it will seem super large, however this allows you to zoom way way in and then we'll be able to take a better look at your trichs.

P.s. How long have the pistils been turning red? Just yesterday? My experience has been that you go about 2 weeks or so from once the pistil start turning red. Refer to that little pic I gave you of harvest times.

stevr59

lol yeah i know it sucks i am still playing with it , the red hairs have just started yesterday and still 90 % cloudy trichs ohhhhhhhhh i all so should have taking the pic with the light off and some good light behide me but hard to try differnt things when the batts keep going bad after 4 pics funny i take the old batts out and been running a portable cd player for 2 days even check the bad batterys with a tester and they say there still good and i think ur right i feel like she still got 2 weeks to go.

Latest posts

Latest posts