What's new

NFL FOOTBALL 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Brady is a prima donna and intended to kick Reed.

a real big BTW here:
There's no such thing as trying to self defense yourself by kicking another player first. THAT'S known as kicking and DID result in a fine for Brady.

[YOUTUBEIF]2DomVUdZJIM[/YOUTUBEIF]

and so after watching that wtf was Brady supposed to be defensing???

Ottoman! what cheap hit (heat) are you referring to? I saw no such hit about to happen in that clip, do you???

Ed Reed was CLEARLY jumping OVER Brady to avoid contact and Brady kicked him anyway.

After watching this video if you really see it any other way then I'd say you personally have a thing for Brady.......

(not that there's anything wrong w/that) lol

EDIT:
oh yeah, same game, same lame Brady. but being as there was nobody to kick at Brady manages to keep BOTH feet on the ground during this slide, sorta blows the 'he slides like a little girl' excuse right outta the water.

[YOUTUBEIF]hsYJ2SBVzW4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Brady fan or not as some of you claim you're still making excuses for a pro taking a cheap shot and that's exactly why he got hit w/a 10K fine.

yup everyone's entitled to an opinion and if you see it as incidental contact (again there's no such allowance for kicking a player in a preemptive self defense move) then you couldn't mind if someone does it to your own child or grandchild on the field, right???
:dunno:

Last edited:

johnipedestran

1%
Veteran
Scared, just like tattooed Christian Copernicus gonna be deep in his heart and gut prior to game. If he lucky he will get over it at kickoff.

peace
jip

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Stoner, not referring to any cheap hit, just that he threw his leg up incase he was gonna get a cheap hit while he was sliding down after running. We've all seen it a million time, Defenses in the NFL are dying to hit the QB if he on the run, looks at RGIII, so don't act like Qb's don't need to protect them selves, The D is always looking to take out the starter weather you like bounty gate or not. I mean really guys yes brady tap kicked Reed but its not like he was trying to end his career or something, my god this is football right? Dude's used to be able to close line each other for tackles, now we throw a 15 yard pentalty for when a denfensive player breathes on a QB....If that kick was anyone else it wouldn't even be mentioned...just my 2 cents.

As a Pats fan, and occasional Brady nuthugger, I gotta say the Brady kick was a cheap shot, but not malicious. I think he saw Reed coming and thought "OH shit" and tried to ward him off. I dont blame him either, Ravens D was laying wood on the Pats every chance they got... utter physical domination.

I've got no problem with the fine 10, 15, 20k whatever, its not like matters much to a guy worth 100 million plus. But there should have been 15 yard personal foul penalty, call it right on the field, happened right in front of the line judge...

H

Homer J Pimpin

Ive watched that play 1,000 times and I don't even think it was intentional....it was just a awkward slide......Who cares anyway is it any news that Brady is a punk bitch ?

sneaky_g

Enough about brady, i hope justin smith can fight through the pain like he did against the dirty birds.. that man moves WEIGHT

Hemphrey Bogart

Veteran
Stoner, not referring to any cheap hit, just that he threw his leg up incase he was gonna get a cheap hit while he was sliding down after running. We've all seen it a million time, Defenses in the NFL are dying to hit the QB if he on the run, looks at RGIII, so don't act like Qb's don't need to protect them selves, The D is always looking to take out the starter weather you like bounty gate or not. I mean really guys yes brady tap kicked Reed but its not like he was trying to end his career or something, my god this is football right? Dude's used to be able to close line each other for tackles, now we throw a 15 yard pentalty for when a denfensive player breathes on a QB....If that kick was anyone else it wouldn't even be mentioned...just my 2 cents.

First off, if a QB is running out of the pocket, then he has to protect himself. This is football and Brady knows the deal if he gets out of the pocket and tries to get cute and run it.

Let's look at it this way.....If a defender would have tried to bury their cleats into Brady's nutsack on purpose, all the Brady lovers would have been up in arms if no penalty was called. Suh's kick to Schaub's nutsack is just one example and that wasn't even intentional.

I think sticking his foot up in the air like that was incredibly stupid...and kinda prima-donna-ish to boot. He could have ended up really hurt if someone hung up or took a shot at that leg from the side before it got down.

Brady is still Hall of Fame material, but he just kinda diminished himself in my eyes with that move. He was probably desperate at that point, I think.

The game was crumbling all around him and frustration kicked in...no pun intended.

HB.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

This one never fails to get me a neg rep or three, @ a press conference prior to Super Bowl 42 Brady's told that Plaxico Burress has predicted that the Pats would score only 17 points.......

[YOUTUBEIF]5lk-wWUQKBg[/YOUTUBEIF]

ok, ok, okay. enough bustin' on Brady, he's laughing last anyway (worth over $100M) until of course his wife decides to take his new $20M crib away from him in a spectacular divorce.

brady-house-2-1.jpg

22,000 square feet, sick money.

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
I think Brady need to teach kung-fu lessons to some guys here, that kicked seems really vicious and threatful to some of you guys, hahaha......Just so you guys know Tom Brady LOVES Ed Reed and vice versa no BS.....I've even heard rumors of Reed taking off for NE after this season so he can be like Belicheck's Rodney Harrison of those dynasty teams....of course that's if the money is right.

Stoner, I am not a giants or pats fan but I still can't get over those 2 superbowl's, great games and upsets....I couldn't have been happier because Boston fans are the worse people to deal with, the type of people who say they love kids but in reality they only love their kids and don't want to talk/discuss anything else.

Bababooey

Horse-toothed Jackass
Veteran
Was actually surprised they fined him, he's the golden boy of the nfl, they make rules to protect him, not the other way around.
Btw, Gore's sock fine was mandated by the CBA, it was his second uniform violation (first time is 5K plus change). Is it ridiculous? Yes. But the NFL has always been very touchy about uniform violations, and if this was Gore's second then you can't say he wasn't aware.

Peyton Manning's basically the greatest qb ive seen, maybe the greatest ever. You could take the last 20 Bears qb's, combine their talents and they still couldnt match Peyton. I just think he should call more runs in the playoffs; teams that know he'll go pass-happy flood the zones with some funky coverages, making it hard for him to score points through the air. It's telling that the only Superbowl he's won was against Rex freaking Grossman...
Fox will do a good job of sticking to the run game during Peyton's games, but yeah, not taking those chances to put points on the board late in the Ravens game with multiple timeouts, the greatest QB ever and elite WR's? His conservative nature cost the team there, i think...
But they'll be right back in it next year and probably the next few years, so long as Peyton's got some juice left in his arm...

The SF prosecutor decided not to charge Crabtree after a sexual assault investigation last week. It was good that it didn't affect the team that much, although Crabtree did fumble at the goal line. He's really developed a good chemistry with CK, i think he's a top five WR in next year's fantasy draft...

Last edited:

sneaky_g

I said it last year, Crabtree WILL be in the Hall of Fame by the end of his career if he stays healthy..

KP is better than vick,vince young, cam newton, RG3.

Faster, more athletic, and can throw the ball harder than any of the above. Accurately i might add..

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Baba, I agree sucks to have to do but everyone has to play by the rules, even us, that being said jersey fines are lame. If they didn't do it I guess some of these players would wear some stupid things I bet. Also i agree Peyton is arguably the one of the best QB's ever for sure but I really think his playoff career hurts him a bit, regular season the guy is probably the best to every play the position, come playoff time and he is average at best even when he won the super bowl he had Bob Sanders ass to thank for it cause he didn't play that well. As long as Peyton can still throw I agree they're a automatic playoff team and gives them a chance to win it all still.

Sneaky g, I'd have to disagree I think Cam Newton throws harder then that whole list of guys and the only guys on Newtons arm level is for sure Jay Cutler than maybe Sam Bradford IMO. Also not a chance in hell Kaep is faster than RGIII (maybe after the 2nd knee surgery) he could have been an Olympic hurdler, he has world class speed. That being said what I think Kaep has going for him is, he is the best athlete, he does all those things you mentioned at a high level, does them all amazingly consistently, and he doesn't take hits when he runs. Also Kaep has a much better team around him than all those guys, lets not forget the QB isn't the team, put Kaep on the Washington redskins or Carolina panthers this year and he is still a excellent QB, just probably not in the superbowl....yet. Also I think Russell Wilson should be in that discussion because I think he might be even better than all those guys.

AZEZ, I hope you get that new hat!

Pinball, agreed!

Last edited:
H

Homer J Pimpin

both Big Ben and Flacco have better Arms than either Newton or Cutler......and both throw about 1/3 the number of picks.......next you'll be sayin' you can win a super bowl with Romo.....

Ottoman

Color me gone
Veteran
Homer J, was referring too who can throw the ball the hardest, sorry if you misunderstood my statement. I think those three guys throw the hardest balls in the league, Newton is very inaccurate and cutler just forces balls in spots he shouldn't because he is cocky...Bradford i think is a very underrated QB with a cannon for an arm. The best pure passer in the game I think is Aaron Rodgers, hands down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts