What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

NFL 2022-2023

Mengsk

Jean Delance signs as UDFA with Chicago Bears​

ByThomas Goldkamp 5 hours ago

GAINESVILLE, Fla. -- Florida offensive tackle Jean Delance has signed a deal as an undrafted free agent.

On Saturday evening, the Chicago Bears announced they've come to terms with Delance, the three-year starter for the Gators at right tackle. They'll get a player who had his ups and downs at Florida, but a player who has some athleticism when healthy.

"Man, it's crazy. It's just, I want to get to the best place, the most suitable place for me and the organization to prove that I'm a hard-working player and I'm a hard-working guy that's going to fit perfectly in the locker room and their scheme," Delance said at UF's Pro Day last month.

The Bears will give him a chance to prove he can take his game to the next level. There's certainly no shortage of experience.

After transferring to Florida from Texas in 2017, Delance sat out a year and then spent one year as a reserve for the Gators before turning into a multi-year starter. He took over the starting job at right tackle in 2019 and went on to start 37 games from 2019-21.

Then he flashed upside athleticism at the team's Pro Day, perhaps finally healthy after dealing with several nagging injuries over the last few years.

"I feel like I was able to prove I was a great player, an explosive player, hard-working," Delance said. "And I've got the length but I'm also very strong, so I think I impressed a lot of guys doing 21 reps on the bench."

What will he add for the Bears?

"I'm athletic. I'm athletic, I'm a freaky guy," Delance said. "I can get in the box and just play strong wherever it may be. Guard, tackle, I mean I'm trying to get some snaps, I want to be able to play center eventually. So I would tell guys that I'm very valuable, you can put me anywhere. I want to be a plug-and play-guy eventually, a rotational player and work myself into a starter."

Florida had three players selected in the 2022 NFL Draft: cornerback Kaiir Elam (first round, Buffalo Bills), defensive end Zachary Carter (third round, Cincinnati Bengals) and running back Dameon Pierce (fourth round, Houston Texans).

The three draftees were UF's fewest since having only two selections in the 2012 NFL Draft.

Several undrafted players have since inked contracts as undrafted free agents like Delance. Running back Malik Davis signed with the Dallas Cowboys, defensive end Jeremiah Moon signed with the Baltimore Ravens, defensive tackle Tyrone Truesdell signed with the New York Giants and defensive tackle Antonio Valentino signed with the New York Giants.

10COMMENTS

Swamp247 will continue to update as more undrafted free agents out of Florida ink deals.

*** The Swamp247 staff is now on YouTube!We're uploading video editions of the Swamp247 Podcast there, as well as providing regular video features highlighting the latest in Florida Gators athletics. Be sure to check out the channel and SUBSCRIBE to get all our latest video offerings on YouTube! ***

Comments (10) ">247Sports

60% off Annual VIP Pass first year

Join Annual at 60% Off

© 2005-2022 CBS INTERACTIVE ALL RIGHTS RESERVED. CBS Sports is a registered trademark of CBS Broadcasting Inc.

Latest posts

Latest posts