What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Next Generation SeedBank

RobFromTX

Has anyone successfully ordered seeds directly from their website? Ive always wanted to give their Island Sweet Skunk a whirl. I know they use to be a reputable seedbank but all the distributors no longer have their gear available, which strikes me as odd. I dont want to get scammed so I just wanted a second opinion. The webpage seems legit

RobFromTX

Lol 15 views and no feedback. Im glad i posted this. No statement is definitely a statement in and of itself :D(y)

@peace

I have ordered from them twice, no problems. The first time I ordered seeds at lunch but got busy and had to finish payment after work. The owner noticed the delayed payment and gave me a call, wanting to see if I was having issue paying on the site. Said how he had just moved back to Canada from Europe and talked strains, hash, and growing for about 10 - 15 minutes. I am in Canada so I didn't have a border to worry about. I have most of their seeds still frozen, though I sprouted an F4 romulan that they were selling to use on some crosses, 100% germ.

Edit: I believe my last order was in 2020 but it may have been in the fall of 2019

RobFromTX

I have ordered from them twice, no problems. The first time I ordered seeds at lunch but got busy and had to finish payment after work. The owner noticed the delayed payment and gave me a call, wanting to see if I was having issue paying on the site. Said how he had just moved back to Canada from Europe and talked strains, hash, and growing for about 10 - 15 minutes. I am in Canada so I didn't have a border to worry about. I have most of their seeds still frozen, though I sprouted an F4 romulan that they were selling to use on some crosses, 100% germ.

Edit: I believe my last order was in 2020 but it may have been in the fall of 2019
Excellent man thanks for the feedback. Im always edgy about banks taking my seeds out of breeders packs but i guess it doesn't matter if youre buying direct. How was your Romulan experience with these guys? Until i visited the website I didnt know they were still working with Romulan. Or Hawaiian Sativa for that matter

@peace

No worries. Yeah I always buy direct, this industry seems too shady. The Romulan was all right. Out of the pack I ended up with one good female and male, the rest were honestly really leggy compared to the Malawi and NJ they were beside, even under a 600W MH. Yeah they and JOTI work with a lot of Federation genetics. I would like that Hawaiian sativa better if it wasn't crossed to a grapefruit, I still think I might buy it at some point and search through some Hawaiian pheno's, or at least keep it in the freezer.

RobFromTX

No worries. Yeah I always buy direct, this industry seems too shady. The Romulan was all right. Out of the pack I ended up with one good female and male, the rest were honestly really leggy compared to the Malawi and NJ they were beside, even under a 600W MH. Yeah they and JOTI work with a lot of Federation genetics. I would like that Hawaiian sativa better if it wasn't crossed to a grapefruit, I still think I might buy it at some point and search through some Hawaiian pheno's, or at least keep it in the freezer.
If you like Hawiiian sativa then check out Mountain Gold from Green Mountain Seeds. I grew it last year and had two really nice Hawaiian leaning phenos. They smelled like cotton candy when you touched them. The oaxacan he uses in the cross is nothing to frown at either. I think there's still some available at real gorilla seeds

xet

Haven't heard of them but since you like Ace seeds, and that old school lime, check these guys out

RobFromTX

Haven't heard of them but since you like Ace seeds, and that old school lime, check these guys out
The Colorado Sativa site looks quite promising. Lots of nice looking landraces Thanks for the links !!

xet

The Colorado Sativa site looks quite promising. Lots of nice looking landraces Thanks for the links !!
Don't overlook the 11 different authentic thai/laos landraces among others at Kwik ;-), or the real deal old school strains from Todd and Mel Frank at Agseedco

RobFromTX

Don't overlook the 11 different authentic thai/laos landraces among others at Kwik ;-), or the real deal old school strains from Todd and Mel Frank at Agseedco
Ive been eyeing TRSC for some time now. If i had the advantage of growing outdoors id go mango thai. Sounds scrumptious

xet

Ive been eyeing TRSC for some time now. If i had the advantage of growing outdoors id go mango thai. Sounds scrumptious
Everything TRSC is the real deal. For their Thais, I would go after that Bokeo, Laos Gold, or Laos Sa.

Based on how you describe you like Sativas in other posts, I would go after their Jumla for a real deal Nepalese seemingly responsible for single-handedly launching the whole hippie revolution via Kathmandu.

RobFromTX

Everything TRSC is the real deal. For their Thais, I would go after that Bokeo, Laos Gold, or Laos Sa.

Based on how you describe you like Sativas in other posts, I would go after their Jumla for a real deal Nepalese seemingly responsible for single-handedly launching the whole hippie revolution via Kathmandu.
How about that Deep Chunk? Do you know if he''ll ever restock that? Im not a big indica fan but im yet to smoke a "pure" indica. I hear its quite pleasant compared to modern hybrids

xet

How about that Deep Chunk? Do you know if he''ll ever restock that? Im not a big indica fan but im yet to smoke a "pure" indica. I hear its quite pleasant compared to modern hybrids
Not sure about deep chunk or stocking schedule but for a pure Indica I firmly deny the existence of a more exquisite connoisseur grade landrace Indica than the Mazar-I-Sharif https://kwikseeds.com/product/mazar-i-sharif-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

This Purest Indica x NL5, going by the name "Hawaiian Lights" should also massively throw down the goods https://agseedco.com/collections/entire-seed-catalog/products/purest-indica-x-nl-5

RobFromTX

Not sure about deep chunk or stocking schedule but for a pure Indica I firmly deny the existence of a more exquisite connoisseur grade landrace Indica than the Mazar-I-Sharif https://kwikseeds.com/product/mazar-i-sharif-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

This Purest Indica x NL5, going by the name "Hawaiian Lights" should also massively throw down the goods https://agseedco.com/collections/entire-seed-catalog/products/purest-indica-x-nl-5
Oh okay so the Mazar is a pure indica? Ive read some places that its a sativa/indica hybrid. Sure is a lot of pretty pictures of it online

xet

Oh okay so the Mazar is a pure indica? Ive read some places that its a sativa/indica hybrid. Sure is a lot of pretty pictures of it online
Mazar is a landrace so you will have variation of Pure Indica and sometimes you might have a sativa expression depending on the individual but overall the population is a pure indica landrace with taste, smell, bliss unlike anything one will enounter elsewhere. Definite connoisseur quality.

RobFromTX

Mazar is a landrace so you will have variation of Pure Indica and sometimes you might have a sativa expression depending on the individual but overall the population is a pure indica landrace with taste, smell, bliss unlike anything one will enounter elsewhere. Definite connoisseur quality.
Awesome. That Afghan 90 looks pretty good too

xet

Awesome. That Afghan 90 looks pretty good too
I have heard really good things about the Afghan 90. There is a good chance Afghan 90 is also an inbred line of Mazar. Same goes for "Afghan" and "Skunk" inbred lines.

My mazar happen to be real minty and churchy and blackberry. Another one was real orange soda. Plenty of variation and vigor in a real open pollinated landrace coming direct from a field of thousands of plants; albeit, still a strong uniformity within that genotype(s).

The Mazar is an impressive specimen. You could make some 10-15lb beast plants outdoors with them. Also, unlike other landraces, this one will definitely throw some 20%+ THC specimens which says a lot as far as domesticated cultivation goes. There is a good chance it will punch with that oldschool smell you instantly recognize as "weed" which is practically lost in modern strains.

If you want some pure Indica seeds grown by Al-Qaeda, the Mujahideen, and CIA there is the "Tora Bora" accession by TRSC. Sort of a keepsake novelty genetic in that regard.

RobFromTX

I have heard really good things about the Afghan 90. There is a good chance Afghan 90 is also an inbred line of Mazar. Same goes for "Afghan" and "Skunk" inbred lines.

My mazar happen to be real minty and churchy and blackberry. Another one was real orange soda. Plenty of variation and vigor in a real open pollinated landrace coming direct from a field of thousands of plants; albeit, still a strong uniformity within that genotype(s).

The Mazar is an impressive specimen. You could make some 10-15lb beast plants outdoors with them. Also, unlike other landraces, this one will definitely throw some 20%+ THC specimens which says a lot as far as domesticated cultivation goes. There is a good chance it will punch with that oldschool smell you instantly recognize as "weed" which is practically lost in modern strains.

If you want some pure Indica seeds grown by Al-Qaeda, the Mujahideen, and CIA there is the "Tora Bora" accession by TRSC. Sort of a keepsake novelty genetic in that regard.
Id like to go back to the 90's. That lime green brick weed with silver seeds shining everywhere:smoke:

xet

Id like to go back to the 90's. That lime green brick weed with silver seeds shining everywhere:smoke:
As far as complexity and mystery goes I would put the Mazar up against anything. It will take you back probably to the 1970s or 1870s or 1770s or 1670s, the Mazar is old.

As far as that Mexican lime.

Most of it was and still is Colombian and even the fields started up in Mexico were borrowed seed from the Colombian fields and the Colombian fields were naturalized landraces .. probably from Mazar Afghanistan region.

There are other gems out there that you could use to demarcate this portion of your life as something equally or more profound.

For a really outstanding experience this Malawi Gold collected by the infamous Afropips belongs in everyone's seedbank https://kwikseeds.com/product/malawi-gold-landrace-strain-cannabis-seeds/

If I had to chase down that old school lime then I doubt anything could top this: https://kwikseeds.com/product/jamaican-lambsbread-x-jamaican-blue-mountain-f4/ as all the weed going into Jamaica in the 70's was Colombian. And how cool is a 1974 accession anyway?

And, truly, someone out there has those old lime seeds in their drawer .. be sure of that.

Also it is important to note the THC is the plant's response to the sun's intensity.

Probably best to move to Mexico or Colombia for the best growing experience.

Latest posts

Latest posts