Votes: 31 22.3%
  • Auto-Flowering

Votes: 17 12.2%
  • Kush is here to stay

Votes: 12 8.6%

• Total voters
J

JackTheGrower

Well, as far as the education who better to lead that revolution then us.
Philip Morris ain't gonna hand water 30 gallons at a time with expensive organic nutes. The big corporations and hopefully the government with be depending on us.
Imagine being backed by a MIT research team and given millions to better understand the intricacies of different thc compounds.
The growers who are the most dedicated, efficient, passionate, and on point will have a role in the future. Sorry to get off topic.

You are not off topic. My apologies if I put you on the defence. It's just that I am sampling a jar I assumed to be lower class and I find it's far from that.

osoloco69

a rez release is usually the only big thing around here

That's because of the overhype/trolling that it creates. I'm not a big fan of the OG/Diesel/Chem lines and I personally think that they are a sh*tstain on the current pool of genetics and breeding.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i think the next big thing is already here, it's just that 'the next big thing' is many big things.

it does seem like there are some folks, maybe even regions in somewhat strain 'ruts', but to me at least...the 'big thing' both currently and on the horizon w/ cannabis is relatively easy access to whatever a 'big thing' of the moment might be.

be it some superquick auto, a haze phase, kush overload, or that magical mystical bagseed derived strain - complete with backstory involving deadhead vietnam prisoners of war who kept those seeds in their assholes for 7 years to avoid detection by the guards...whatever it might be that folks clamor for, or fits the market you're working, so to speak....between seed vendors out the wazoo, dispensaries, clone swaps, etc...you've got easier access to it than any time in recent history.

the 'big thing' on the horizon isn't really a strain. it's that almost anybody can get ahold of it if they try, no matter wtf it is.

we haven't overgrown quite yet, but we're overgrowing ;)

RugerBaby

Autos are for pussies!
Veteran
This is the year of anything related to chem. With JJNYC and Chemdog joining forces, expect a shitload of chem this year.

MojoRisen

great

great

Great dialogue, I'm loving it.

I would love to see a move back to the landrace strains as well but, believe like a lot of posters that with more and more people growing everyday, people and patients will want very specific effects.

The idea of smoking a joint of a landrace Vietnamese strain in my lounge chair in the back yard sounds great though...:smoke:

Hrpuffnkush

Golden Coast
Veteran
I agree that hybrids have gotten out of control but I believe their still the future.
My idea is that some strains or landrace genetics were not intended to be mixed by mother nature and result in unbalanced hybrids that lead to a rush of a high but have a weak vibe and no balance.
My thoughts are hybrids that prove to be a balanced high that seems almost natural is the future.
The future is not about potency but differences in effect of the high in my opinion. With legalization will come education and proper research, and that's what the world of cannabis needs.

In no way do i wana come off by a know it all , But im sure mother nature had a role but i bet about 2% at most , Humans made it what it is!
Humans have been tweeking it since they first found it what 7000+ years ago
Hybrid to hybrid is great for looks and flavor maybe structure,
but to boost the potency pass the linear it will have to be a landrace strain reworked in to the Hybrids or a whole entire new strain must be developed ,

"The future is not about potency but differences in effect of the high in my opinion" ,...... i agree 100% Now since they have discoverd the receptor in the brain for THC there gonna get crazy tweeking it ..

sativex is just a small glimpse of the MMJ future

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Clone Culture is set to take over,, pretty soon,,, folks are gonna forget how to sow seeds ,,, like they have in Holland !

NEW F1 hybrids from landrace stock are the future IMO.. check out what BeAn's doing :canabis:

BudZad7

Effect of the high!!!

Effect of the high!!!

:tiphat: Hi All! YES!!! Finally someone that states the meaning of this
Herb in which we all partake ....It's about the effect/high of the tree
of life!!!....breed for the effect of the high, instead of potency....if the
herb has an excellent effect/high, then potency is a side issue, but still
important. To this day, a Mexican strain made me have an out of body experience, and a Golden Thai was my favorite high!!!:) And, still have some of these original seeds....:)Also, tried something to sprout older seeds, just use 2 things...RO water+Peroxide, those bubbles work wonders on old seeds, and put on top of fridge in a small glass,towards the back, so the warm air from fridge keeps them cozy!
Usually takes 7+ days for old seeds, this method the seeds pop in 3
days!!!:dance013: Use just a splash of peroxide in a small 8oz glass,
plus RO water, room temp, that's it.... Good Luck!!:wave:

G

Ganja D

Clone Culture is set to take over,, pretty soon,,, folks are gonna forget how to sow seeds ,,, like they have in Holland !

NEW F1 hybrids from landrace stock are the future IMO.. check out what BeAn's doing :canabis:
Tissue culture would be so amazing. Think about it, having an endless library of genetics in the fridge. Track down elites clones,landraces, special hybrids, any and every strain ready to grow anytime. It would be like having 100 lighter for mothers only, one of each.
I'm excited about.

B. Friendly

"IBIUBU" Sayeith the Dude
Veteran
Tissue culture would be so amazing. Think about it, having an endless library of genetics in the fridge. Track down elites clones,landraces, special hybrids, any and every strain ready to grow anytime. It would be like having 100 lighter for mothers only, one of each.
I'm excited about.
http://shop.ebay.ca/i.html?_nkw=plant+tissue+culture+kits&_armrs=1&_dmd=2&_from=&_ipg=
tissue culture has been on my mind for a while also, isn't it like 12 weeks to create clones this way?

Thule

Dr. Narrowleaf
Veteran
Autoflowers for sure. When growing becomes a common place, that's what most ordinary people will be growing. By that time the quality will have sky rocketed and the term autoflower will actually include ALL options, landraces, hybrids of hybrids,
haze, kush..

englishrick

Plumber/Builder
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran

^^^YEH^^^

the fukin cloneculture is takin over!!!,,,,,,NO1 wants a batch of seeds,,,everyone wants the clones, especialy old unavailable skunks like cheese,,,

nowadays amsterdam cant improve on there own genetics,,,,they need an influx of new DNA to make any improvements,,,,,an its true ,,no1 wants to grow seeds in holland,,,,,its big yealders or nothin,,,

your right doc!!,,,,,TrueF1 from landrace like Bean is doing will save us,,,that is exactly the type of influx our genepool needs

cool doc..RESPECT!!

DocLeaf

procreationist
ICMag Donor
Veteran
your right doc!!,,,,,TrueF1 from landrace like Bean is doing will save us,,,that is exactly the type of influx our genepool needs

There's no reason why BeAn wont stumble across the next 'skunk' or 'blueberry' during his breeding :yes: full props to those doing something new :canabis:

J

JackTheGrower

Given 100 years passing will what we do now be the best for Cannabis?