What's new

Newby homemade aero 6 spt 400 watt hps

Mist

No, you don't have a problem. When they start to show their sex you can get rid of the males and just put the females back on 24 hour light to vegg them some more. When people vegg for just 3 weeks that is usually from a clone not from seed. If you flower those out from where they are now you will be doing good to get 7 grams of dried buds from each one. If that is all you want to do then by all means keep them going on 12/12 from this point. If not then you should vegg them a bit more after they are sexed. Just keep a good eye on them and watch for signs of their sex and you will be on top of getting them back into vegg so that you can have a nice harvest. I think that you could pull an ounce each from that setup.
Oh yea, you can also take clones after the females have vegged a bit more. That way you will get some decent sized clones to get started for the next grow.

fatigues

Veteran
You need to do something about the color off your rubbermaid top. That dark blue is eating a lot of your light reflectivity your plants should be using to get bigger.

Try adding reflective mylar to the top of your container or, at the least, just paint it titanium white. Whatever the case, don't leave it blue. You are transitioning from seedling to veg stage now and it's time to grow out those little bitches as fast and efficiently as you can.

When they start to show their sex you can get rid of the males and just put the females back on 24 hour light to vegg them some more. If not then you should vegg them a bit more after they are sexed. Just keep a good eye on them and watch for signs of their sex and you will be on top of getting them back into vegg so that you can have a nice harvest. I think that you could pull an ounce each from that setup.
Oh yea, you can also take clones after the females have vegged a bit more. That way you will get some decent sized clones to get started for the next grow.

As far as cloning I wont be doing any, no bubble cloning system set up yet, that is my next project =)

Mist you said some stuff about them showing their sex, my seeds are all feminized.
Can they still grow males?

Please help me out about the whole male to female thing, I thought feminized seeds covered the male problem.

I will listen to your suggestion relating to higher yield so back to vegging them, this time I am going with 24 hours light.

Hope they can get 1 ounce per plant, at least.

You need to do something about the color off your rubbermaid top. That dark blue is eating a lot of your light reflectivity your plants should be using to get bigger.

Try adding reflective mylar to the top of your container or, at the least, just paint it titanium white. Whatever the case, don't leave it blue. You are transitioning from seedling to veg stage now and it's time to grow out those little bitches as fast and efficiently as you can.

The rubbermaid is grey, but you are right fatigues i will get working on this asap!

UPDATE

They are a little under 7 inches at the moment, will start to flower once they are a foot tall. I went with 18 hours light instead of 24 i want to try and give them some rest.

Comments welcome, more like wanted!

they look good!

I thought u had them at 12/12 now, regardless, i was going to say.....from seed, they have to show "preflowers" before they can even be "flipable" into flowering. Do you understand what im saying??? Basically, you could have been still applying 12/12 from when you originally flipped, yet the plants havent grown preflowers yet, therefore, technically their still in veg!

Your plant to flip them at a foot tall is a good one. They honestly, might not even have preflowers then, yet youll know they will put them out verrrrry soon. As for expected harvest date, expect these from seed plants to have an additional 2 weeks from what your 12/12 flip day is. this accounts for all this preflowering nonsense ive been speaking about. do you copy???? honestly?

Mist

Sorry, I must have missed the part about them being femenized earlier in the thread. In that case just vegg them for a bit longer and then flower them out. Shouldn't be any males.
Do you plan on using this rubbermaid tub setup as your main flowering area?

they look good!

I thought u had them at 12/12 now, regardless, i was going to say.....from seed, they have to show "preflowers" before they can even be "flipable" into flowering. Do you understand what im saying??? Basically, you could have been still applying 12/12 from when you originally flipped, yet the plants havent grown preflowers yet, therefore, technically their still in veg!

Your plant to flip them at a foot tall is a good one. They honestly, might not even have preflowers then, yet youll know they will put them out verrrrry soon. As for expected harvest date, expect these from seed plants to have an additional 2 weeks from what your 12/12 flip day is. this accounts for all this preflowering nonsense ive been speaking about. do you copy???? honestly?

Hey buddin, yes i understand about flowering (12/12) them once i see some preflowers. Also i see why u said to expect an additional 2 weeks (additional vegging) from when i flipped them to 12/12 earlier, but now i am giving the ladies 18/6.

Sorry, I must have missed the part about them being femenized earlier in the thread. In that case just vegg them for a bit longer and then flower them out. Shouldn't be any males.
Do you plan on using this rubbermaid tub setup as your main flowering area?

Hey Mist no problem, yes the rubbermaid is going to be used for flowering, i have 2 airstones i just put in today and turned them on.
In addition i am going to buy some mosquito style wire mesh that can be submerged to try and keep roots from clogging the pumps and airstones.
Once I gain some more experience, this being my absolutely first attempt; i will then set up a bubble cloner, and switch to RDWC buckets.

Thanks for the comments, keep everyone updated from now on with a weekly post.

Mist

I wouldn't worry about trying to put wire in there to block the roots. It will just make it an inpenetrable barrier if you need to get to the pumps or airstones during the grow because the roots will fiind a way to attach to it and wrap around it.
You do have a way to fill and drain that tub without having to lift the lid or move the tub right?

I wouldn't worry about trying to put wire in there to block the roots. It will just make it an inpenetrable barrier if you need to get to the pumps or airstones during the grow because the roots will fiind a way to attach to it and wrap around it.
You do have a way to fill and drain that tub without having to lift the lid or move the tub right?

I purchased a small water pump thing that goes direct to my tap from my local aquarium store what it does is that it sucks water out and then when the switch is turned it will pump water in.
I use reverse osmosis water though so i only use it to drain.

I will eventually give this set up to my friend once i upgrade.

mini update it smells a little bit like kush already! no worries negative air ionizer is doing its job =)