What's new

Newbie Need Help??!!

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Well, what I'm saying is, when you grow scrog, you need to have good access to all of the screen, both above it, and below it, and you'll spend a lot of time there. My total reach is approx 2.5 feet but it's more like 2 when my arm is woven under a scrog through all the stems etc. You could build a back door if you want but it's extra light-proofing, and may dictate the possible places you can locate the box, but sure that would work. Otherwise keep it simple and do a modular scrog. Another benefit of the modular scrog is that you can run different strains at the same time, without harvest timing issues.

Edit: by the way, if that thread is confusing at all, what I'm referring specifically to, is this idea, just transfer it to pots or whatever you decide on:

5773scrogbubbler-small-thumb.jpg

limey

So you have the scrog screen one foot above the top of the pots? That's more than you need for a scrog. Mine was approx 6 inches above. I would advise not to fix a scrog screen in there. Far better to have a "modular" scrog with each pot having it's own individual screen attached to each pot. There is a lot of trimming and training involved with scrogs and fixed screens don't go hand in hand with that. If I understand you right, the cab is 3' high, and then 4' x 4' in floor area? There is no way you could reach back 4 feet into your cab to do the (often twice daily) training required.

Yeah ^ agreed. 6" should do you fine between pot tops and the screen...

... if your rig doesn't allow you to change the height of the lamps then you need to be able to raise and lower the pot/screen such that you can get the tops of the plants as close as possible to the lamps. This will help to keep the internodal space (the gaps between the branches) on your plant short. By the time your plants are 4 or 5" tall (and close to reaching the screen) you should have at least 4 internodes/sets of branches ; this is the point at which you should top the plant: I would recommend you FIM it/them i.e. you cut through the topmost growing tip of the plant (the apical meristem) to encourage it to branch... then you weave the branches through as they grow.

... if you set the scrog screen at 1ft above the pots the plants it would take you weeks and weeks to grow them big enough to reach the screen and fill it by two-thirds (which is the point at which you switch to 12/12)... probably a waste of time and electricity in a micro grow [though ideal if you were doing an outdoor scrog].

Also yeah ^ to the need to reach to the back. You would be better off having the rig 3ft wide by 3ft deep by 4ft tall.

:joint:

M

masterKahn

I have 26w CFLs going and with a fan on the bulbs/canopy the plants are hugging the bulbs and no issues yet.

Latest posts

Latest posts