What's new

newbie hydro\cfl experiment, an evolutionary journey

Yah bozo, go find one of those 2nd hand stores, there bomb, ucan even find pots there. But, if you decide to go out and buy an actual grow light, you want to get an CMH light, uses the spectrum from MH and the spectrum from HPS, so its practically 2 lights in one, without the cost of a 2nd ballast(uses hps ballast for the 400 CMH bulb)

Peace

starrider

Hey Bozo what are you using for ventilation an fans .I am using cfl's also.Im happy with them I have A 400 hps only use it in winter .I have the same lightbars as you they work great so far .setup with 8-150 watt bulbs an 2 500 watt flurex floodlights. :rasta:

Blunt_69

the keeper of the creeper
Veteran
Bonzo, for the price of 4 cfls and all the hardware, you can buy a decent 2 bulb florou ballasts. Buy some grow bulbs or even the regular bulbs for them and keep them close to the canopy, you should be able to pull out a fairly decent yeild keeping electricity cost LOW.floros are VERY eco friendly. CFLs i find scatter light about alot where as floros direct light downwards, and are much more efffective for canopy penetration. Just a thought for ya!

Also a smaller HPS or MH light are also fairly economical to run up to a 400Ws. Small gardens like yours dont require alot of power to be efficient.

Product produced vs Cost. Look at it.. I far exceed what i consume personally. My personal setup is also small and intended to provide myself with super kick ass product at zero operation costs. Only my time. This is the only way to grow.

Looking good man Keep up the good work!
blunt69

Last edited:

labtec

Cool thread man. hopefully you get some genetics soon. im living with bagseed 2, but i got lucky and got 2 good strains. by the way notice the signature you helped me with. thanx again.

d4twamp

Do I have dejavu or what...I feel like I've been here before...or maybe it was jus' an IMAGINARY GARDEN I'm think bout'... I dunno...lol...

hey Bozo, just found ya over here at ICmag...a Q-pers with the cfl's hmmmm....

I just not long ago built me a light fixture like yours, I put a hood on mine, made outta some white shower surround...so much more light shining downward...

You should look into these 150w hps 20 bucks a pop brother, and that's for the fixture and the bulb...click on the link here: http://www.e-conolight.com/Product/EProductDetail.asp?ProductFamilyID=7&FGNumber=E-MT6H151G

later, D

d4twamp

glad I found someone here I know...As this site is sooooo damn boring...It's hard to want to come back here when hardly anyone updates their logs, and nobody wants to respond back...Idk I guess we are just kind spoiled w/ all the love at C dot

later D

d4twamp

justanotherbozo said:
lol, i know what you mean, C dot does seem a bit more intimate.

this site has some very cool threads though, too.

anyway, you're apt to see a few others from C dot here as well,
including stinky.

lol I just found a stinky post

BLUEMOON4EVER

hey bozo,
Nice setup...I use the same setup for my clones..well i actually use a bus bin
with 100 1/4 inch drilled holes. The 6 inch bubble stones will last you longer than those bubble wands..The wands have those clips that usually snap on you and have a tendency to stop bubbling in spots...We all have our favorites though..

How much did you harvest and how much light..Sorry short term memory..lol

jm420

Veteran
not to be a downer but keep looking a head,im on proto 4 plus #3 on cloning I have had real good sucess for a noob .always try to be a step ahead,Lights are key

first is 60 days app/. # 2 is cloner
keep it up and well see what we get
BTW ive found water changes are the key

400 w hps almost free check the want adds ,makes a big diffrence

d4twamp

Bozo here are a few pix of the DIY 800w CFL fixture I through together a while back...I just built the ghetto hood yesterday...

D