What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York may have a medcal marijuana law soon....

JJScorpio

Thunderstruck
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This was from 2004 and it has been brought to the Senate again.....
http://stopthedrugwar.org/chronicle-old/326/nymedmj.shtml

Here is what is happening now. Be sure to make a call to your Legislators and voice your approval.....
http://ny.mpp.org/site/c.grKMIYPGIqE/b.1773517/k.BE7A/Home.htm

New York

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Legislature reconvenes; Urge legislators to protect medical marijuana patients
Last update: January 11, 2007
The New York legislature is back in session. It's time to contact them again to tell them to enact a compassionate medical marijuana law.

For the past several years, momentum has been building to protect terribly ill patients from being arrested for the medical use of marijuana in New York. During the 2005-2006 legislative session, a medical marijuana bill introduced by Assembly Health Committee Chair Richard Gottfried (D-Manhattan) garnered 43 co-sponsors. And, for the first time in recent history, a member of the majority party of the Senate — Rep. Vincent Leibell (R-Putnam County) — sponsored a medical marijuana bill.

The leadership of both chambers — Senate Majority Leader Joseph Bruno (R-Rensselaer) and Assembly Speaker Sheldon Silver (D-Manhattan) — have expressed support for allowing the medical use of marijuana. Yet, sadly, New York's sensible medical marijuana bills did not make it out of committee last session. Please let legislators know that protecting the seriously ill from arrest should be a priority next session. Urge them to enact a compassionate medical marijuana law during the upcoming legislative session.

There is no excuse for inaction. Medical marijuana has also garnered overwhelming support in both the medical community and among the public in New York. Seventy-six percent of New Yorkers, the state medical society, the state nurses association, Hospice and Palliative Care Association of New York State, New York StateWide Senior Action Council, Gay Men's Health Crisis, and New York AIDS Coalition all support New York's medical marijuana legislation.

If you are a patient or a medical professional who wants to help or if you know of one who does, please e-mail Karen@mpp.org.

Last edited:

NserUame

I hope you guys across the lake get this thing passed. I feel so alone in Vermont, closest 'neighbor' is Maine...I think. Either way, this is great. With organizations like the SMS, Hospice and the NA backing you I'd say you got a fair chance.

marx2k

Veteran
I think Vermont will be able to grow its' own as soon as they're able to execute their her'on/crack dealers. ;)

Latest posts

Latest posts