What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New York Cookie X Freak

hicksticky

Still at large...
They're bulking up nicely.

thanks, they are. Only regret is on my end, wish I went with 5 gallons instead of the 3's... thinking the fade is coming on too fast where there's nothing left in the containers. That and more amendments.

I have cuts of them all an plan on trying a couple things differently, but all in all I think their doing great.
Can't wait to try them.

hicksticky

Still at large...
11 wks

11 wks

Yeehaw, that time is upon us.....harvest time. Theses ladies have done great and looking like they will yield very well.
First up is #1, she reeks of sweet hazy dough/cookie with a menthol kick. A little stretchy but nothing horrible more likely because of th 3gal. Pot. Buds are nicely dense and hard.
IMG_20150319_055514_210_zpsodi1zylf.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#2, this one make me think of cookies with a sweet haze backed up by a fuelly mint. Great vigor, stacked great rock hard buds with less stretch of all five. Even being the smallest still one of the better producers.
IMG_20150319_055604_679_zpse4jobgag.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#3, a lot like 2 in structure with very minimal stretch, very hazy. Smells of sweet mint dough dropped in a bucket of fuel.
IMG_20150319_055622_217_zpscjcgndg8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#4,super frosty with this one double of all the others. another stretchy gal but I think with more training and bigger pots she could produce even better. Nice solid nugs. Smell is a lot like 3 but not as much fuel smell with this one but still delicious.
IMG_20150319_055639_566_zpsq2md1svz.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
#5 with the most stretch of them all the buds are more spaced out but still dense, from eye balling I would say the least yield. Heavy haze smell with sweet mint to water the eyes... love huffing on this one lol.
IMG_20150319_055702_392_zpskwhpgvz8.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
All in all I am very pleased with them all,trimming should be a breeze with these gals and I will be running them again with a couple changes with pot size and training see if can push them abit longer. Still gonna wait till the smoke report to say which are my favorites but I have no doubt that there is a keeper or two lol.
More pics as soon as I get them hung and drying, tablet just doesn't do them justice there is some serious frost going on with these and want to show them off.

A BIG thank you to OJD for allowing me the chance to test these and hope I did them justice. And thanks to icmag for the place to do it.
And of course a big thanks to all that followed along.

Smoke reports to follow after a nice dry, trim, and cure.
I will also continue to post my results of following runs.

hicksticky

Still at large...
smoke report

smoke report

I given the buds a nice cure, took a sample from each and this is what i found..
In general I think that the flavors are nice blend of cookies and diesel/menthol, (various degrees with each pheno) I like the comparison,.. it's like a Bakery nestled next to a truck stop, in a delicious way lol. Very smooth and pleasing smoke, becoming one of my favorites for the daytime and night.

#1, the smell and taste are of sweet baking/cookies with a subtle hint of menthol fuel. Exhale leaves a nice sweet mint diesel taste.
The stone: comes on fairly fast, more cerebral high almost stimulating/social day time smoke. Also come with a nice body Buzz that helps keeps me going.

#2, more diesel to this one hint of sweet incense with a cookie back ground taste becomes a little stronger on the exhale.
The stone: comes on quickly with a head Buzz then evens out with the body and mind. I feel nice and relaxed but willing to get up and be productive at the same time.

#3, tastes of sweet incense with the diesel/fuel influence. Very nice flavor and fear I didn't do it justice in the description.
The stone: heavy and fast. Hits behind the eyes and sinus and transitions to the body. This one feels more Indica with some head to it, I like this one in the evening or on a slower day.

#4, this one I think leans more towards cookies, with a thick sweet bakery/cookie taste with a hint of menthol fuel.
The stone: feels more heavier or harder hitting than the others. Fast hitting rolls on more like an Indica yet still leaves a active mind if n a social or work setting. Very capable of couch lock if one where inclined to do so.

#5, tasted of diesel incense with a slight sweet dough on the exhale. A nice smooth smoke.
The stone: came on easy, kind of a so so high a mix if you will of head and body but not heavy on either. To me it is more of a social smoke, or a morning "ease your way into the day smoke".

New York Cookie x Freak Smoke Report (general)
============================== ===================

Date: April 2015
Strain: New York Cookie x Freak
Judge: hicksticky
Breeder: Connoisseur Genetics
Grower: hicksticky

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.

2. Visible Trichomes: Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [ ] Cloudy [ x ] Amber [ ] Dark [ ]
Silvery cloudy crystals

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ ] Green [x ] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [ x] White [ ] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [ x] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [8] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers X on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ] Mango [ ] Pepper [X ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [x ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ X] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [x ] Floral [ ] Bakery [x]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ x] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [X ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [ ] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [ ] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

No seeds.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
============================== ====================
THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ ]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [ ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [X ] med.
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ X] reg.s
Other (specify): NO TOBACCO!!!

2. Use X on descriptors that apply to the taste.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ ]
Mango [ ] Incense [ X] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [x ] Bubblegum [ ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ X] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [x ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ]
Musk [ ] Spice [ x] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ] Bakery/sweet [x]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [ 9 ] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [ 5 ] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [8 ] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [ ] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.
Stable – 3 nice and smooth but if held long it will expand your lungs.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS: very nice, I was blown away with the taste while growing, breaking up, and smoking. Definitely becoming a fav.

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [3 ] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

Half a bowl pack

2. Effect onset [2 ] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.
In general all the pheno's were quick to get to work, various degrees of head and or body.

3. Sativa influence [6 ] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [ 4 ] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.
pheno's 3 and 4 where more heavy influenced.

5. Potency [8 ] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [ 3] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [n/a ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [ 7] Day - work [ 6 ] Evening - relax [ 5 ] Night - sleep [ 5 ]

9. Overall satisfaction [9 ] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.
9-10!! Very happy I was able to partake in the test grow.
She will have a place in my grow for a long time if I have anything to do with it.

10.Ability and conditions [ 5 ] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.
Haven't really experienced the strains that were used in the making of this strain individually

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [ XXX ] No [ ]

12.Rate the noticeable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[ P ] [] Ability to rest or sit still
[ p] [] Anxiety relief
[p ] [] Appetite
[ P ] [] Audio perception
[ P ] [] Humor perception
[P] [] Imagination/creativity
[P ] [] Paranoia relief
[P] [ ] Sex drive
[ P ] [] Sleep
[p ] [] Pain relief
[p] [ ] Speech process
[ P] [] Taste perception
[P] [ ] Thought process
[ p] [ ] Visual perception
________

Thanks OJD for allowing me the chance to test these genetics for you, definitely have a keeper in the bunch and wouldn't mind testing again if opportunity a rises..
Thanks to all that followed a long and for you comments, i hope this has helped any who are interested.

Again I do have cuts of all the pheno's and plan on doing another run using a couple different methods. I will be adding my progress as it unfolds here..... until then, good luck and karma!

hicksticky

Still at large...
Just popped some clones into flower the other day, gonna try the others OD....... I will update with pics when things get interesting.:biggrin:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Here's a couple doing there thang in the flower room under 400s mh, can't wait to have some of these in the jars...... delicious cookie fuel flavors and the stone packs a punch.
IMG_20150620_200331_383_zps5gh3u234.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
IMG_20150620_200320_250_zps1vjqx2br.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
I have a few more clones that I am getting ready for outside, very curious about how they will do.... they should get rather large and finish before the nasty weather returns.