What's new

New year in Prague

crazyivan

Back from Prague

Back from Prague

Hello. I'm back home from Prague and I have to say it was a great trip.
Although I haven't seen as much of the night life as I hoped I would I can tell that the parties here are great.

It is also extremely smokers friendly. We could light up in almost every bar we went to, including the bar in the hostel. Some places are what we experienced as the beginning of coffee shops. I bought some nice White Russian in a bar in the center. Beer and drinks were cheap (from 30-40Ck) except coffee which i found to be expensive.

For the new yeas eve, we were on the Karl's bridge and it was an experience i won't forget. I live in a part of the world where a lot of people use fire crackers on new years eve but this was crazy. After midnight hell broke loose. The rockets exploded in the middle of the enormous crowd, medical wans were everywhere, rockets flew into nearby buildings... If I wouldn't watch out I would also get a rocket in the head and after that I decided to go away from that place as fast as i could.

We have also seen a lot of the cultural sites of Prague. The most outstanding of them was the modern art gallery with the exhibition Warhole-Monet.
Also the museum of communism was worth a visit, especially for people of my generation that were born in ex communist states when communism perished.

Although we had problems organising ourselves on the trip it was great and Prague is surely becoming the Amsterdam of the East. Worth a visit. :dance013:

Latest posts

Latest posts