What's new

New to outdoors

VicBush

Hi all. Been growing for about 15 years indoor. Moved to an acerage in Victoria at the base of the high country surrounded by state Forest and national Park. Currently have a nice plot going with White rhino and great white shark. I have some that look about 2 weeks out and some that look about 2 weeks in. All the grow calendars say I should be about to harvest if I haven't already. Bit worried as some as I said look to have at least 6 weeks to go. Do things ripen quickly outside? Anyone live in the north East Vic and can advise. Thanks

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
It's hard to know for sure without seeing the plants. If you are in the ground you can't do anything but wait. IN the end of the season the cooler temperatures can speed up flowering plants. The plants fear a frost or freeze and can speed flower if soil conditions are good..Another option is to cover your plants when the temps drop just like tomato plants.

VicBush

It's hard to know for sure without seeing the plants. If you are in the ground you can't do anything but wait. IN the end of the season the cooler temperatures can speed up flowering plants. The plants fear a frost or freeze and can speed flower if soil conditions are good..Another option is to cover your plants when the temps drop just like tomato plants.
Thanks very much. They are in pots so can be moved around. Don't have access to a plastic covered area sadly. Picture isn't the best with my phone. But can see how different they are. Had a cold snap down to 10 last night now a heep of them have hairs turning red.

Attachments

• IMG_20230311_185540.jpg
    IMG_20230311_185540.jpg
    620.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_20230311_184950.jpg
    IMG_20230311_184950.jpg
    658.3 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20230311_185017.jpg
    IMG_20230311_185017.jpg
    702.4 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_20230311_185537.jpg
    IMG_20230311_185537.jpg
    726.8 KB · Views: 65

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
You will need to put them indoors during the night and bring them back out during the day. I'm doing that now with some extra plants I have no room for. The important thing is to bring them back out at the same time every day. Patience is needed. You and I both have about 30 more days left. Good luck

IMG_4814.JPG

VicBush

You will need to put them indoors during the night and bring them back out during the day. I'm doing that now with some extra plants I have no room for. The important thing is to bring them back out at the same time every day. Patience is needed. You and I both have about 30 more days left. Good luck

VicBush

Thanks alot mate. Unfortunately I really only can get them undercover but not Inside. So going to pick the best few that fit n bin the rest I guess. Some of them look like they need another 6 weeks minimum so they can get the chop

Latest posts

Latest posts