What's new

new to hydro, wanna start? what form is easiest? dwc, ebb n flow, etc?

GP73LPC

Strain Collector/Seed Junkie/Landrace Accumulator/
Veteran
hillarious Freezer Boy !!!! :laughing:

Thanks guys :tiphat:

I can't take credit for the idea. I got the idea from an OG member years ago and liked it so much I never went back.

I think the guy I got the idea from tied fishing line to a hook in the ceiling to support the plant. I like to be able to swap buckets, so I put a few drywall screws in the lid and tie the plant in place. I just let the bottom branches sit on the top of the noodle so it doesn't fall in.

i use rockwool cubes for my clones and seedlings, so i planned on hollowing out just enough of the noodle for a tight fit with the rockwool cube...

but i am definitely gonna convert to this, so much less maintenance !!! :dance013:

T

TREE KING

WelderDan, i appreciate the link. i just looked at the pics but im not gonna lie i dont know enough about buckets to look at those pics and figure out how the noodle attached to the lid holds up a plant. i thought you were talkin about turning the noodle into a big neoprene insert or something. dont worry about it though im gonna have a friend that grows in buckets look at the pics and try to explain it to me. thanks

GP73LPC

Veteran
there is a hole cut in the bucket lid. the slots on the side of the noodle fit in that hole....

half the noodle is below the lid, half of the noodle is above the lid...

hope that explains it...

T

TREE KING

there is a hole cut in the bucket lid. the slots on the side of the noodle fit in that hole....

half the noodle is below the lid, half of the noodle is above the lid...

hope that explains it...

GP73LPC i still dont understand but dont sweat it. il figure it out in a few thanks

ooo hold on a sec. what are you saying you slip a neoprene insert from the aero cloner right in the hole thats in the noodle to hold the clone in place is that what your saying?

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Never saw a recirculating Hempy before.... hehehehe Trying to picture it. :D

You're going to like the Hempy bucket. :D I've done DWC/SWC, E&F, Drip through hydroton/lavarock, soil and now Hempy.... Hempy bucket is simplicity itself and being able to individually feed is awesome!

Stay Safe! :D

Edit:

DWC/SWC prone to low dissolved oxygen levels, multiple reservoirs take time while recirculating systems add complexity and cost
E&F drop-dead simple with minimal equipment investment. All plants run off same res.
Soil Growth is too damn slow.
Drip All plants on same reservoir, investment on par with E&F setup.
Hempy Cheapest equipment, growth on par with dwc/swc without the low-dissolved oxygen levels, drop dead simple, each plant can be fed individually or E&F complexity can feed all.

Hempy plus K.I.S.S. will produce for newbs and advanced growers alike. :D

Last edited:

GP73LPC

Veteran
GP73LPC i still dont understand but dont sweat it. il figure it out in a few thanks

ooo hold on a sec. what are you saying you slip a neoprene insert from the aero cloner right in the hole thats in the noodle to hold the clone in place is that what your saying?

you slip pool noodle into the lid...

here's the noodle

picture.php

here it is in the lid of the bucket (rez). half the noodle on top of the lid, half below...

picture.php

how you put your plant thru the noodle is up to you... i believe welderdan just sticks the stem thru the noodle and he is done with it.

i was proposing cutting out a bigger hole in the noodle so a rockwool cube would fit snugly in it...

hope this helps...

Why am I thinking of the "unknown comic"....could be that
FB's avatar looks like a bag though it's a freezer.

I think we need to see a plant in the noodle close up at the stem!

time for a pool party :-D I like using the noodles as water guns :-D

Hold under water...
Let hole fill with water...
aim one end at target...
Blow through other end :-D

High-Five