What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New tent/room setup advice requested

blondie

I was thinking about getting the clip ons from ac infinity. Looks like hurricanes are less money. What do others use ?

flylowgethigh

Non-growing Lurker
ICMag Donor
I just had another hurricane fail today. It’s like they are on a timer.

I am gonna stop blowing fan air on the tops after they start making flowers, and see if I can keep terps around.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
It's really amazing how long an inline fan can operate vs. just about any other type of consumer market fan today. Most of them you can literally plug in and leave on for 10+ years. All my grow ventilation and air movement is done by inline fans.

alpo

I just had another hurricane fail today. It’s like they are on a timer.

I am gonna stop blowing fan air on the tops after they start making flowers, and see if I can keep terps around.

you're not worried about mold in late flower with no fans?

Three Berries

I’m looking at the 8in infinity and wasnt sure exactly what I need for the 4x8. I need two fans? One fan with the filter on entry and one fan pulling out for exhaust? Or one 8 inch intake? I was thinking two fans but not certain. The infinity 8 in with temp and humidity controls looks quite nice. But if there are two Independent fans, this would be a waste.
One Controller 67 can power two fans with the same logic.

blondie

Making progress. Slow and steady keeps the pain level at a minimal. I will say Charlottes Angel CBD does seem to help with relaxing the muscles.

Finally got the mars LED turned on and the old HID off. I now have 4x more space to grow in which is insane. Planning some seed runs in the future. I’ve got some Columbian sativas going now and am looking for good genetics to Repro.

One thing with my temp humidity controller, the 69 from ac infinity, shows my humidity is fairly steady, low 30% . Temp is usually between 70-75 with the hid. The temps will drop as winter rolls in. I’m wondering what anyone thinks about having my hid on one side of the tent and the LED other side. The logic here being the temp will drop and the hid will keep temps up in the tent. I was planning to put seeded buds under the hps anyway, due to the post by @Hammerhead about seed issues under led. Not sure this is still an issue or light dependent or what??

Attachments

• 54B46276-AC88-4063-8650-15A05638C7F6.jpeg
    54B46276-AC88-4063-8650-15A05638C7F6.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 37
  • DF6A14DF-F732-4381-980E-91BB32EA5AE3.jpeg
    DF6A14DF-F732-4381-980E-91BB32EA5AE3.jpeg
    902.2 KB · Views: 46

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
HID is awesome for cold weather growing and I love heating places up with HPS lamps at night. ;) You'll probably find you like the middle plants getting both lighting (LED/HID) the best.

Three Berries

With my controller and the cooler temps I use the automation setting to delay any exhausting for 15 minutes so the lights heat up the tent. The humidity will be high at that time.

When the lights are off I have the automation to come on at 75% RH.

Boob McNoob

I had the luxury of working in a 4 x 4.5 walk in closet a few years back but circumstances forced me to deal with a 2 x 4 as my dedicated space. I've reclaimed (actually surpassed) that footprint by building enclosures around heavy gauge garment carts and shelving units that measure roughly 1.5 x 3. Very crude constructs with only a single fan for air movement and not entirely sealed so there is some passive exchange. Currently running two Mars Hydro fixtures in the main space ( TSL 200 and SP 300) drawing a combined 600 w. Have three in mid to late flower and four just starting short hours crowded in using repurposed coffee canisters that hold about 2 gal of soil. All other cabinets are running 18/6 with a two GP 1500s and a SF 1000 along with twin knock off 100 w panels and a vanity project with an old school 90 w UFO. I welcome all observations and criticisms of my bagseed efforts that might improve my undisciplined approach. Offering a pic of today's look at the main dance floor and if you're open to it I'll provide a look at the other systems in play.
IMG_20221117_181546908.jpg