What's new

New sub-forum suggestion...12/12 from seed

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

stretchpuppy, how do you figure 80 days to be a long ass time... compared to 80 days + 3 weeks? that doesn't make sense to me.

G

heres the haze x kali mist ..60 days from seed on 12/12 :wave:
stay safe
LD

(the small one is ssxnl) it just went into the flower room yesterday

S

stretchpuppy

SatGhost said:
stretchpuppy, how do you figure 80 days to be a long ass time... compared to 80 days + 3 weeks? that doesn't make sense to me.

21 days to veg and 50 to flower. 71 days total. Almost two weeks less than 12/12 from seed.

Just my opinion on 12/12 from seed... I'm after preserving that special lady...

Thought with the nirvana type seeds out there... it's not that big of a deal if you limit yourself to those cheap beans... to just do run after run of the same old...

Last edited:
G

ok i see now.
did you work out gram/watt/month for both methods, if you don't mind me asking?

Last edited:

ItsGrowTime

gets some
Veteran
I have two plants (NLxBB) that are basically 12/12 from seed. One showed as a female at 2" tall. She has stretched 5 inches in a week since showing sex and has started showing flowers. It is pretty weird to see such a tiny plant budding out.

KingRalph

knowing the characteristics of strains from 12/12 at seed, is a staple amongst sativa growers... as it's natural... look at this cherry hawaiian x skunk... this is like 95% sativa... and 1 plant...

btw, potency cannot be affected by younger overall plant age, only partially by flowering maturity age.

H

Hal

Hey Sat...

Nice to see a believer chipping in here. I'm with you :woohoo:

Hey Piece...

:wave: Tanks for da welcome. You seem to be an old timer, over 3K posts!

I agree with ya, there have been quite a few who have grown this method, although as a percentage of total growers I'm bettin its rather miniscule. I'd wager a large percentage of growers have never heard about this grow method. I feel like spreading the word.

Hey AlphaCat...

The quality of the light is important. The first 2 or 3 weeks of this method is in effect a veg period, and during this phase you would want to provide light with a cooler temp (5000k to 6500k) to prevent the seedling from stretching. Once the plant shows its sex, put all the females under warmer (2700k or so) light for flowering, just like traditional grow methods.

Hey Puppy...

stretchpuppy said:
21 days to veg and 50 to flower. 71 days total. Almost two weeks less than 12/12 from seed.

Just my opinion on 12/12 from seed... for some it may be the second coming.

You aren't being fair here dude. This method typically shows plant sex 14 to 21 days from sprouting. Add on the same amount of time for the flowering phase, you get 50 + (14 to 21)= 64 days to 71 days total grow time. So at its quickest, this method would be a week shorter, at its longest, it would be the same as your clone grow.

Now, if it was possible to start a clone from the beginning at 12/12, you'd have something there. Is that possible? I have never grown with clones.

Regarding managing space efficiently, and being able to do the same using clones in the same space, with greater yields....I don't see how that is possible when you include the space required for the Moms. Growing with clones certainly has its advantages that you don't get with this method, but its not fair to make claims for the clone method that it doesn't possess. That same space you were doing your flowering in is more than many potential growers would have total to work with. Toss in the space for the clone Moms and it just won't work for many folks.

I think a lot of the disagreement on this method boils down to the different needs of different growers. I can get by nicely if I grow 4 or 5 ounces in a year...many here on IC would go through that amount in a couple of months. Those growers see this method and can't help but wonder, "why the hell would anyone want to spend the effort to grow pot and get such little harvests?" when the growers like me are totally happy with that kind of harvest.

stikky budz

You aren't being fair here dude. This method typically shows plant sex 14 to 21 days from sprouting. Add on the same amount of time for the flowering phase, you get 50 + (14 to 21)= 64 days to 71 days total grow time. So at its quickest, this method would be a week shorter, at its longest, it would be the same as your clone grow.

Now, if it was possible to start a clone from the beginning at 12/12, you'd have something there. Is that possible? I have never grown with clones

A rooted clone ( 10-14 days after cutting from mother plant ) can be flowered immediately.
It doesnt need any veg time neccessarily (SOG style) and would yield probably the same as a really good 12/12 from seed plant. Once you start giving that clone vegging time the yields are going to fly up dramatically.
3 weeks vegging of a rooted clone is a lot.
10 days is usually plenty i find. 10 days vegging after a 10-12 rooting period.

The whole time scale thing is only let down by clones if you bring into account the time it takes them to root. Plant for plant a clone will beat a seed any day. The maturity is already there and it doesnt need to develop a huge root structure like a seed plant would to do well.
The most obvious advantage of going down the clone road is you know all the plants will be female. Bring that little equation into the arguement and that gives you the "possiblity" of a totally wasted grow for 2 - 3 weeks with seeds. What a bummer a room full of males would be huh?

Not knocking your 12/12 from seed enthusiasm and i understand not everyone can have a mother plant etc,,,,just making a stand for clones :D

G

atmosphere1 from OG was a dutch grower that supplied buds to a coffee shop.
even after he proved with pics and explanations that he was getting bigger yields in less time (and the paying customers were more than pleased with the potency), the doubters were still pissing on his methods.

stikky budz

SatGhost said:
atmosphere1 from OG was a dutch grower that supplied buds to a coffee shop.
even after he proved with pics and explanations that he was getting bigger yields in less time (and the paying customers were more than pleased with the potency), the doubters were still pissing on his methods.

I remember the thread well. It inspired a lot of people, including me, to give it a try. He had it mastered and potency was never an issue.

I dont suppose anyone can remember which strains he was getting the best results with?

H

Hal

I'm pretty sure they were sativa dominant hybrids...I remember him commenting how this method kept the height down.

A.N.Other

I have done it with a Dutch Super Skunk and had relatively good plant yields and OK comparitive room yields. The plants finished at 24 - 26 inches and yielded an arm sized, rock solid cola. It's not something I would do as standard practise but I see some pro's and beyond possible variation one significant con. The biggest con in my book though is flowering times, a strain started on 12/12 WILL take longer to finish (in terms of flowering times) than a vegged plant. When started under 12/12 the plants seem to give themselves an enforced veg period, or elongated stretch period anyway. Add two weeks to the standard length.

It seems a little strange with the availibility of good clones but I have heard of commericial size grows run likes this, you really have to trust your seed merchant then though!!

Last edited:
i remember atmosphere1 was rockin the NL x shiva. i wanna say that i remember that he was gettin like 90 grams dry, but that sounds a little crazy.

H

Hal

Level,

Now that you mention it...that 90 gram harvest rings a big bell with me. Was that his biggest yielding plant? I somehow remember thats why he posted that particular info...that it was his best yield to date. Fuckin amazing!

TNTBudSticker

Veteran
12/12 can have the same or increased yield from a plant say about 2 weeks veg

Sure... that can happen,,,,, 25 gram yield from 12/12 is wayyy too small.... thats only like 125 grams wet

Try 220 grams wet 94 grams dry

H

Hal

Here is an example of the kind of information that would be useful to others who were going to grow using this method:

I have 9 seedlings going, all have been working on getting their 5th node going for a few days now. One female revealed herself at day 19, another female showed at day 20. There had been no males that revealed themselves at that point.

I thought I spotted a male yesterday (day 21) and confirmed that it is definitely a male today on day 22. Another plant seems to be leaning towards having nuts, will likely be sure by tomorrow.

That leaves more than half (5) that still haven't revealed their sex yet by day 22. That is on the slow side, and if I was in a particular hurry to get a grow harvested, I might use this info to decide against using these particular beans (Nirvana Bubblelicious). If there were some more growers who had tried this strain and posted their results to make the that information would be more accurate than just the experience of one grower.

Regarding my little grow I have going....I'm a little frustrated with what is happening at this point. Males supposedly show themselves before the females, and the first 2 plants that showed themselves here were girls, with a male showing 2 days later, and 5 more plants that haven't shown yet. Again, this is interesting, and conflicting, information compared to what I had been expecting. Useful stuff.

Now to go get the scissors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Latest posts