What's new

New Sativa Grower

Dr Bombay

P_20210615_132327.jpg
P_20210615_132344.jpg
So we must hitting that final approach vector soon...
P_20210616_151050.jpg

chronosync

Well-stoned member
Dr Bombay

This is an amazing first grow! You got some plump spears there ...
I love the star pattern - star cluster type thing the bracts make. I recognize it from growing the zamaldelica.
Which plant is that in the second pic? The one with the bazoombas

How many days are you at now?

Dr Bombay

chronosync Thanks man, that means a lot coming from you! Your guidance has been super helpful. 👍🌄😺

Yes, l don't know what to expect still. Maybe they will continue to fatten up and get triched out! Live in hope I am assuming they have another couple of weeks, maybe 3. They are approximately day 65.

That bud is is from the Congo Kali. The star shaped ones are the GT. I have tried to prop up the fallen buds to no avail. Well some, but minimal.

Given the plant collapse during flower, these are great and a tribute to the hardiness of ACE genetics.

I am growing for effect so that will be ultimate test. I have been reading about Haze's. They seem Ike pretty righteous and exciting plants! I get confused though about what's available and what's good. More research required. The history is fascinating to me and it seems like many of those folks that were there at the start are still around.

When l read that stuff l feel like l am sitting in on the Council of Nicea and watching them hammer out the cannon.

Very excited for the next grow. Look forward to seeing your beautiful garden soon!!!
(ノ^_^)ノ

​​​​​​​Take care

JustGrowing420

Very nice job!!

What's the smell like on your gt? I'm getting some really interesting smells from stem rubs on mine.

I agree Haze has that mystical aura surrounding it and a really passionate cult-like following of growers.

Dr Bombay

JustGrowing420 Thank you for the kind words. Your stuff is awesome!! Love the variety's. Have learned lots going through your posts. 😺🔥👍

The GT smell is reminiscent of a creamsicle to me. Creamy with citrusy undertones. I'll be able to smell it better once l've removed purple from the band.

Well put re Haze. So interesting to read about. The vintage pictures of buds and prices is so revelatory. I am still just at a novice level with respect to the plant and culturecultur

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Looks great and you are very close to the end. Congrats on a very nice first grow! :wave:

Dr Bombay

exploziv thank you for the kind words and guidance. It is getting close... So super excited to try some!

Will take these down this week. Day 75 as of posting. Purple was harvested at beginning of week. Smell is vanilla creamy milky citrus fruit with acrid undertones. Unique for sure( to me).

Thanks everyone for all input during the grow!! Really appreciated! I learned an incredible amount.
P_20210625_092806.jpg
P_20210625_092751.jpg
P_20210625_092729.jpg
P_20210621_120139.jpg
​​​​​​​ Hopefully translates into better grow. I'll post some bud pics after drying.😺🌄🧞👍

​​​​​

Dr Bombay

P_20210706_140958.jpg
P_20210706_142430.jpg

H​​​ere are some pics of the Equinox Mountain Jade buds. Dried but not cured. The smell is amazing and super super strong! Smells sour and intense first note. Is overtaken by citrus notes that disapate into menthol finish. Not overly resinous but sticky. Lots of trichomes! Bud is not super dense.

Haven't tried it yet😸! However if smell is something to go by then should be good.

Dr Bombay

Here are some bud pics of the Congo Kali trimmed today. Smell has a putrid top note that is overtaken by creamy citrus smell.

The buds are sticky and not overly dense but have a good heft to them! Lots of trichomes.

I have vaped some. Still needs to
P_20210707_085149.jpg
P_20210707_090310.jpg
P_20210707_090338.jpg
cure and a bit of a dry. My very preliminary report would be... if you ever have taken a very quick elevator ride and stepped out and suddenly find yourself in new surroundings. It was like that. My conscious self was very keen to take it all in. In reality though, I was just sitting in my chair. Felt like the Maxell guy.

I am super happy about having grown this and super lucky with some help of friends! Thank you. 😸🧞🌄👍🛰️
P_20210707_100121.jpg
Golden Tigers I will trim tomorrow.

Dr Bombay

Golden Tiger 🐅. Buds are sticky and have good trichomes. Not fluffy but not dense. Smell is subtle, creamy and citrusy. Have not sampled anything!
P_20210709_134704.jpg
P_20210709_133730.jpg
P_20210709_134756.jpg

Attachments

• P_20210709_133705.jpg
    P_20210709_133705.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 35

chronosync

Well-stoned member
congrats bro

its great to hear you are enjoying your new homegrown

it looks great, especially up close but ,man what awesome red and orange hairs!

Dr Bombay

chronosync

Thanks bro!!! I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you for the support, belief and knowledge. Learned so much.

Believe it or not, it is still a bit moist. The fan leaves were super dry but the stems still don't snap. Curing now. So it's hard to tell the quality of bud, effects wise. The buds do look great to me and smell great. I am proud of the grow!

Right now the high seems a little directionless and hard to taste the true flavour because of moisture content. l'm guessing after cure it should improve? Have you had this experience? I will post a smoke report once it gets a chance to cure.

I hope you and yours are well Bro! Nothing but goodness! 😸👍🌄🎄🧞

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
Congrats on the grow. Give it time to cure well. And I saw the new Fiskars . . . the grower's weapon of choice . . . do we all use them? :rasta:

Dr Bombay

tobedetermined Thank you! Yes we should get tee shirts with the Fiskars on them!! I agree re curing process bringing out the best. I've read that a number of times, so fingers crossed. Maybe l will just cut the individual buds next time and dry those as opposed to the whole plant. 😸

tobedetermined

Premium user
ICMag Donor
No . . . cut as big a piece of the plant as possible to slow down drying. Dry it too fast & you end up with a hay smell. So slow & easy is best.

chronosync

Well-stoned member
chronosync

Thanks bro!!! I couldn't have done it without you! Thank you for the support, belief and knowledge. Learned so much.

Believe it or not, it is still a bit moist. The fan leaves were super dry but the stems still don't snap. Curing now. So it's hard to tell the quality of bud, effects wise. The buds do look great to me and smell great. I am proud of the grow!

Right now the high seems a little directionless and hard to taste the true flavour because of moisture content. l'm guessing after cure it should improve? Have you had this experience? I will post a smoke report once it gets a chance to cure.

I hope you and yours are well Bro! Nothing but goodness! 😸👍🌄🎄🧞

Im still drying my ZKC down too.
I thought it was ready for turkey bags but it turns out I jumped the gun, yet again even though most stem seemed like they were ready to snap.
I do this nearly every time even though I have only over-dried a few times .... Dont be afraid if the exterior gets dry .. i mean super dry to the touch .. still try to judge dryness by stems because thats what holds and gives back the most moisture. The stem and the bud interior hold more moisture than I would have ever guessed. Many times have I bagged it up only to find it re-hydrates from the inside out and equalize at a humidity still too high and still spongey. I like my buds to break in half with no bend on the inside but I also cant stand it crumbly dry ... Its a fuckin' fine line :)

I used to go by the 60/60 rule but my stuff never dries fully unless its in %55rh ... I like my bag and jars to read out at around %55 - 58

Hope yr doing good Bombay! more garden on the way, im just taking an extra few weeks to re-clone my favorites and get it right before I set them up to go again.

Dr Bombay

chronosync

You just described what is happening to me! That is great to know.
I couldn't figure it out.

Same thing happened with the Malawi auto. Not super moist or anything but not dry. I thought it might have to do with resin or whole plant.

😸 I see this is another art to master. Mine is probably equalizing at about 62 RH.

As an experiment, l left this GT on the stalk.(pic) That was about a week ago.

Stalks are still bendy not snappy. The buds feel dry outside but still have some moisture.

With respect to the texture of buds - I'm a crunchy guy also. Always loved the Captain.

I guess if l put it in sun, terps etc burned off. LoL 😹

So l don't have to race to get the bud into jars. Just let it keep drying!

Well l can only say that this is a good problem to have.😸🎄👍

​​​​​​​Glad to hear about new garden. Looking forward to it. Preparation is most of the battle. I am reminded of the quote - my off the cuff remarks took me only 3 weeks to prepare.
​​​​​​​
P_20210714_093238.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts