What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new petiton forces westminster to consider legalization of cannabis

R

raspaul

OK

OK, so they knocked it on the head, doesn't mean that we should just bow our heads and take it.

The world is changing fast, there are new, digital ways to protest, and with a bit of intelligence, many different ways to protest and provoke debate by subversion and ridicule, not just "let's get some placards and hold a demo man" or unemployable students shivering in tents.

Surely a good viral/meme and, for example, creating fake news stories (a massively underused and absurdly easy ruse) causes more attention than most demos or pressure groups manage.

Some of the older scrotes on here may remember when a bunch of smelly anarchists and punks from the Crass commune in Epping Forest managed to fool the world with this in the days of photocopies and C90 casettes

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thatchergate

I know what your saying CC there is loads of ways to fight them rasta and I'll be there fighting I always have been and always will be.
But I don't believe in stooping down to there levels and lying, I only fight with the truth and I do believe the tide's turning but it's got to come from being truthful first and foremost.
It's what differentiates I an I from them

Respect rasta

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
We can and should fight with the truth, yes, but personally I see no issue with using shock, awe or outright fabrication to get what we want.

Ideally if we could find a real Economist, failing that, a student, who could, or has, calculated the financial losses and costs of prohibition and could add a projection, based on Colorado for example, of thefiscal gains and come up with some figures to make a straight financial case for legalisation.

Also, interesting ideas I have recently seen with people using the EU Human Rights legislation for something other than benefitting terrorists or rapists, that there is an opportunity to argue that growing your own is a human right. I don't like to buy weed from unknown sources as it may well be included, or worse contain pesticides etc. In the UK, sprayed with glass etc.

You could also make some interesting articles, interview Cannabis smokers and ask how many have been put off by the fact that it is illegal ?

Is anybody planning to stop smoking because it is against the law ?

How many people believe that continuing the prohibition and enforcement against Cannabis is likely to bring its illegal use to a stop this year ?

Award questions nobody asks, or wants asked. Invent a polling company, stop people in the street, publish the results yourself. The prohibition against Cannabis is on very shaky ground, the more we agitate, the sooner it comes down.

sianhan

It is damn annoying how people in the government and media judge us and paint the picture that were all lazy paranoid freaks who are too dropped out we can't contribute to society. I have a responsible job,go to the gym five times a week all the normal stuff. Only difference is at the end of the day I like to chill out with a spliff or vap instead of a beer of bottle of wine. For fucks sake come on get a grip.
Anyway I'm intelligent enough to know my own mind and whatever the gov says I will always enjoy this plant...simply because it makes me a better person and I like it. Humans have been enjoying it for thousands of years who are they to tell me it's wrong.Like someone said earlier in this thread they will have to physically have to remove my buds from my dead cold hands.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wonder how long the debate in October will last?'
Parliament on October 12 I believe and you can watch it live,,,s2

mr.brunch

Veteran

Just checked their site ,the debate is on mon October the 12th at 4:30 pm. Parliament live tv
Wondering how quickly they will dismiss this one.

B

bigganjabud

Well il watch it while I'm smoking some bud with a very attentive expression on my boat race

Piff Rhys Jones

🌴 Hugging Trees 🌴
Veteran
The problem is it's impossible to debate with someone or a group of people that base their entire argument on an incorrect notion that something is "harmful", whilst ignoring the scientific facts to the contrary.

Peace

theclearspot

anyone got a link/stream to this parliament tv? Im an expat dont have Sky 'Lies TV Propaganda' satellite.
Dont hold out any hopes. this has been debated for years and years in UK. If it didnt happen in the late sixties, early 70s it isnt gonna happen now. The UK is a very undemocratic representative democracy ( vote x every four or five years). What a joke. Was watching a documentary about the Swiss at the weekend- direct democracy i.e a say in EVERY issue. Right to hold arms (this would stop the patronising police state of the UK). Problem is that the media (especially Sky) brainwash the people who are generally too busy trying to pay for their ridiculous cost of housing/rent. The UK is an anti-consensual society (as compared to Switzerland etc) and creates social problems and class divides so that the metropolitan elites cream off all the easy money for social workers, police,working class hospitals, prisons. what else would they do for jobs?

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very odd,,,,I imagine it's finished now but I couldn't get to hear shit,
I was able to hear other things being discussed but not any of the cannabis debate?????...s2

SoufLondon

this is from the petition website, i assume they are continuing prohibition of a harmless plant

The latest evidence from the independent Advisory Council on the Misuse of Drugs is that the use of cannabis is a significant public health issue (‘Cannabis Classification and Public Health’, 2008).
Cannabis can unquestionably cause harm to individuals and society. Legalisation of cannabis would not eliminate the crime committed by the illicit trade, nor would it address the harms associated with drug dependence and the misery that this can cause to families.
Legalisation would also send the wrong message to the vast majority of people who do not take drugs, especially young and vulnerable people, with the potential grave risk of increased misuse of drugs.
Despite the potential opportunity offered by legalisation to raise revenue through taxation, there would be costs in relation to administrative, compliance and law enforcement activities, as well as the wider costs of drug prevention and health services.
The UK's approach on drugs remains clear: we must prevent drug use in our communities; help dependent individuals through treatment and wider recovery support; while ensuring law enforcement protects society by stopping the supply and tackling the organised crime that is associated with the drugs trade. The Government will build on the Drugs Strategy by continuing to take a balanced and coherent approach to address the evolving challenges posed.
There are positive signs that the Government’s approach is working: there has been a long term downward trend in drug use over the last decade, and more people are recovering from their dependency now than in 2009/10. The number of adults aged 16-59 using cannabis in the last year in England and Wales has declined over the last decade from 9.6% to 6.7%, with cannabis use amongst young adults aged 16-24 and young people aged 11-15 following a similar pattern.

944s2

ICMag Donor
Veteran
No change then, ,,,as normal,,,,, bollocks to them,,,,,legal or not legal I will never stop,,,,,
,,I still maintain they don't give a toss about home growers as long as neighbours are not bothered and nowt blatant etc,,,,
But they will come if their hand is forced,,that's how it seems in ne london/Essex anyway,,,,,