Cannaseur
Veteran
it was in his promo for veganics, but ya mostly canna

go does work pretty good

the real organic certified bottle nutes are biocanna and biobizz tho

even pura vida doesnt say organic

vegan nutes would also be mineral salts

never really met a healthy vegan lots of sick ones tho

lol yah sick vegans for sure ;) I have dedided i'm going to use the BIOBIZZ myself, not the whole line, just the TOP MAX, fish emulsions, and bloom ;) Much love, SL

I

Iron_Lion

i JUST DONT trust huge companies like GH when they say ORGANIC on them ;)

rightly so, GO is not organic.

http://www.generalhydroponics.com/b...n-about-the-registration-of-general-organics/

What Does It Do- Learn about the registration of General Organics

General Organics is our new product line of nutrients and supplements. Our blog has recently focused on introducing each product, and the questions have been pouring in. Today I want to explain as much as I can about regulations, the definition of organics, and the General Organics (GO) line.

Regulations that govern fertilizer products are very complex. Each country, and each US state has its own requirements for fertilizer labeling. These rules govern what information must be printed, including guaranteed analysis, ingredients, or warnings. They also govern what cannot be printed, including any statements that cannot be completely proven with scientific facts.

Instead of printing 50 different labels for 50 different states, with an extra one for Canada, General Hydroponics adheres to the most strict of all the rules, some of the most strict rules happen to be in our home state, California. We always desire to provide the state and our customers with the most accurate data. And we are glad to participate in the safeguards to consumers and the environment.

Compliance is not effortless though. It requires diligence and the process is long and involved. We often print new labels with new data, to stay current with the law and sometimes the label compliance holds up the release of new formulas. We have also seen products in this industry pulled from shelves, or production stopped because companies are in violation. Compliance is difficult and expensive and time consuming, and we pride ourselves in our adherence.

So, enter organics into this equation.

In California, products labeled organic have been independently certified by a third party. In the case of fertilizers, one of those parties is OMRI- Organic Materials Review Institute. General Hydroponics is partners with OMRI listed products, including AzaMax. But, presently, the General Organics line of products are not OMRI listed. Because of that, we cannot say that our products are %100 Certified Organic, even if every single ingredient is able to be certified.

General Hydroponics has not listed the products in the GO line for many reasons. OMRI requires our exact recipes. We are not willing at this time to release our exact formulas to anyone, beyond what we already share with the state officals. Also, the process would have delayed the release of these nutrients and supplements for an indefinite amount of time. Additionally, we have seen other players in the industry go on and off the list, and provide false information that undermines the entire system. Eventually we do intend to begin the process, we do want their stamp of approval. Hopefully in the next few years we will achieve this.

Any product in California that is %50 organic is legally allowed to be called “organic based.” Some voices here that are deeply involved with the organic movement consider the phrase organic based to be almost a slur against true organics. Ultimately, we believe that our line will be met with success, that it will help gardens thrive, and that the market will tell us what it wants. So, in the absence of an OMRI certification, and not wanting to use the phrase “organic based” to classify the products as less than completely organic, the decision was made to release the General Organics line with no claims beyond our listed ingredients. The ingredients reflect the contents of the bottles, and those contents reflect our breakthrough in the organic fertilizer market.

I am very happy with the responses to our new line, and I am interested in answering any questions you have about these products. Please leave us your feedback! The nutes and supplements are truly amazing, and I will be providing you with more and more information in the future. Cheers.

Scottish Research

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Organic certified products will have a label from any number of organic certification compliance companies. It really is tough to get certified organic. A real pain in the ass. I've been through it a couple of times.

R.Fortune

I

Iron_Lion

Something tells me that as rich as Gen Hydro is if they really wanted a certification or their product was eligible they'd have one. It would be a huge selling point to have an actual OMRI/Organic certified hydro nutrient.

OhighO

I have been using this line in Roots soilless with great results.

Do you guys water till you have runoff or flush any throughout the grow?

high life 45

Seen your Member?
Veteran
vegan nutes would also be mineral salts

never really met a healthy vegan lots of sick ones tho

Veganic would not be mineral salts. Unless your coming from a purely chemistry point of view and then they would be since they are carbon based.

LMFAO True that.
Lots of junk food vegans, they are vegan for the "animals" not for health reasons. I use to live with a bunch of them. Eating processed shit wrapped in plastic because there are no animal products in it. Preaching vegan while smoking cigarettes. Not making the connection to pesticides used on cigarettes and the fact that even American Spirit is owned by RJ Reynolds. Its a shame. I have been eating vegan for 2 years (i eat goat cheese and fish once or twice a year), but I eat organic. I dont care if people eat meat or not. Im the only one of my friends who doesnt get sick. I watch the flu go around to various circles of friends and never get it. Now I am eating 100% raw and feel better than ever and gaining strength.

Sorry about the rant
Heres a plant grown with the GO line Just over one #

This one had a mix of GO and BIO CANNA also over 1#

GO rocks but im not sure about letting it sit premixed, pretty sure it says on the bottle not to do that.

eyes

Veteran
definetly dont let it sit premixed- it will go sour fast. def works well. i mix and use it right away.

I tried them for 1 grow. Hated them. I hate any nutrients that smell like death. They made growing not fun. I hated feeding times because I had to deal with that horrible horrible smell and dealing with nutes that looked like Motor oil.

Fuck that.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I just picked up this whole line to supplement an organic add water only mix that I find needs an extra punch especially since getting co2. It smells, its dark especially when you use their diamond black. I like it, and I am betting my soil does to. I have used the floranova line for about 3-4 years and love it but this seemed legit, we shall see!

Yuno.Who

High guys...I have the "go box" they made with the 1 pint grow and thrive and the 8floz bottles of everything else. Worked great when i was using them in coco for veg, I ended up switching to a 1 part maxi just for the simplicity. But the stuff was great, other than mixing 6-7 bottles of nutes per gallon....can be a hassle sometimes.

Can you use just the Bio Grow alone, or do you need to use all the other additives?

itisme

Veteran
I like..
40% Coco
40% Earthworm Castings
20% Perlite

Then I run the formula on the box.

NEVER PH ANYTHING...I LOVE IT!

cyat

Veteran
funny how its organic on the ghe website...
they have some extra additives too

medmaker420

The Aardvarks LED Grow Show
Veteran
I am just getting done trying them and to be honest I can't wait to go to ANYTHING ELSE lol. I just can't stand throwing out bottles that I paid good money for so I try and use em all up and just reuse the bottles and fill them with my new nutes or use for other projects.

I thought I was going to love the go line because I have always had great results with GH Micro / Bloom and while I don't want to go back to MORE chemical nutes, they produced far better buds quality, yield and flavor than this go line ever has (for me at least).

Don't take my word for it though, get the GO BOX for super cheap and give it a whirl and I hope it works better for you than myself.

The smell itself kills it for me, making my own teas and composts makes far more sense than this GO stuff. Its a bummer because I really dig GH in general. I gave it a good run too, I have tested it with over 10 different strains and multiple grows since it came out and I just kept telling myself that it will GET BETTER but I am done trying to tweak a failing combo (in my opinion at least).

I see it does work for some or hell probably many but so far it is the only nute mix I can't dial in and make myself smile.

RoostaPhish

Veteran
Alright I haven't read this thread in some time and noticed some odd comments. These nutrients are in fact vegan, except the fish/squid supplement, vegan does not always mean organic but does mean with no animal byproducts, ie waste. The use of mined minerals in no way makes this fertilizer inorganic, it is the process that they use to break down these minerals that allows them to be called organic, they do not use synthetic acids to break down the minerals, they ferment them instead. I think people forget that things like greensand, rock phosphate, and lime are all mined minerals as well but do not require the extreme breaking down with synthetic acids to be available. As far as the smell goes, almost all organic bottled nutrients have a odd smell, unless things like lavender are added which is a relatively new practice. These nutrients in my opinion are cutting edge, and work with the quick results expected from synthetic nutes. These nutrients have also been used to grow some of the most amazing meds around. An example of this would be thier use in growing what has been deemed the marijuana with the highest CBD rating ever tested, which was Cannatonic X, with just under 20% CBD. These nutrients in my personal, and professional opinioin have been the difference with these varieties. This was not the only time, with many growers including myself, that these nutrients have shown this difference in results.

VortexPower420

Veteran
I personal love these nutes as well. I run them in live soil with biodynamiclly stirred compost teas and 3 day foilar sprays. My friend who only smokes oil BHOed my Chem D and got 26.5% he says usually he gets 15 or 16%. The flavors and aromas are complex and long lasting. It grows great herb.

senate

I see some people have gotten amazing results from these nutes. Whats soils or soiless mixes have those that have done really well used? Has anyone used LC's mix (FF Light Warrior, EWC, Lime, Perlite) with this line? If so, would you start feeding seedlings immediately? I hear some people say the nutes are a little weak... Would you go full strength for seedlings?