What's new

New neighbors Pit Bulls - What would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Pits really are not great for security..
They were bred to NOT be human aggressive when they were used for fighting.
You cant have a human aggressive fighter. You have to be able to handle and treat a dog in the middle of a fight or doctor an injured dog afterwards.
If a pit showed aggression toward humans it was destroyed or at least not bred.

In recent years people have done a lot of backyard breeding and conditioning but by and large pits just dont have that drive.
They make great companions or pull sled,cart or plow.

Baddog40

Here's the update.

A few days after posting this I saw my neighbor outside and I said hey man, I need to speak to you about your dogs (I had already fixed the fence by then, but there were other areas where the dogs were trying to push underneath) and the fucking prick ignored me and walked into his house. That night he put one of his dogs into a cage and placed it near the fence closest to me so the dog would cry all night. I ignored it and not much has happened until a few days ago, but I havent let my dogs outside for more than a few minutes at a time just to avoid bullshit.

Then a few days ago my friend came over for a visit and brought his dog with him. We put the dogs outside and it wasnt more than 10 minutes later we heard a bunch of barking and another part of the fence was busted and my friends dog came running up crying and had been bitten. Apparently the neighbor knew what was going on because his dogs were nowhere to be found. We ran his dog to the vet for treatment. My friend was pissed and said he was going to call animal control and I told him I didnt blame him at all. So after we get back from the vet a few hours later my friend call AC, and the fucking prick moved his dogs off somewhere else, denied ever having dogs and said we were making shit up and ever since then the dogs have been gone. So who knows whats next with this sociopathic asswipe.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

either plywood that fence (for all you pacifists) or kill those fucking dogs.

If you choose to plywood your side of the fence be sure to use screws that are 4 inches long, that might take the incentive away from his dogs bouncing off sharp spikes & the fence.

I hope your friends dog heals well. How do you know if your neighbors dogs have rabies???

I'd kill those fucking mutts & I'm a dog lover @ heart.......

GET MO

Registered Med User
Veteran
Personally I think your a dumbass for not fixing the fence better before you let your friends dog back there. Plywood is cheap. Your friends dog getting hurt is your fault. The dude sounds like a real piece of shit too, when he ignored you and walked in the house why didn't you fallow him and knock on the door? It seems like the problem is over for the most part now, but you need to fix the rest of the fence, otherwise he may bring the dogs back and you don't know it, have your kids back there playing and you already know what could happen after that.

MJOFMJ420

DONT BE SUCH A P***Y,, GO AND TALK DIRECTLY TO THE OWNERS. LET THEM KNOW WHATS UP. POOR DOGS, PIT BULLS ARE ONE OF THE MOST FRIENDLY AND LOYAL DOGS TO PEOPLE..( THAY ARE NATURALLY AGRESSIVE TOWARDS OTHER ANIMALS) THEY MOST LIKELY ACT OUT THIS WAS AS A RESULT OF BAD OWNERS.
CALL ANIMAL CONTROL TO FILE A REPORT AND NEXT TIME U TRULEY FEEL THREATENED JUST AIM AND SHOOT.. IT AINT THE RIGHT THING TO DO BUT, UR FAMILIES SAFETY COMES ABOVE ALL.. THE NEIHBOR WILL LEARN A LESSON AND I GARANTEE THE OTHER REMAINING PIT BULL WILL NOT CONTINUE GIVING U PROBLEMS

Ready4

Veteran
DONT BE SUCH A P***Y,, GO AND TALK DIRECTLY TO THE OWNERS. LET THEM KNOW WHATS UP. POOR DOGS, PIT BULLS ARE ONE OF THE MOST FRIENDLY AND LOYAL DOGS TO PEOPLE..( THAY ARE NATURALLY AGRESSIVE TOWARDS OTHER ANIMALS) THEY MOST LIKELY ACT OUT THIS WAS AS A RESULT OF BAD OWNERS.
CALL ANIMAL CONTROL TO FILE A REPORT AND NEXT TIME U TRULEY FEEL THREATENED JUST AIM AND SHOOT.. IT AINT THE RIGHT THING TO DO BUT, UR FAMILIES SAFETY COMES ABOVE ALL.. THE NEIHBOR WILL LEARN A LESSON AND I GARANTEE THE OTHER REMAINING PIT BULL WILL NOT CONTINUE GIVING U PROBLEMS

What he said....
You already have an enemy in your useless scumbag neighbors, don't worry about hurting their feelings, rocking the boat, whatever... No chance you will ever be friends with such filth. Tell them right to their face if they cannot control their dogs - you will ! Next time that head breaks through take a baseball bat and club it, or just shoot it. People that stupid do understand fear, let them know you will protect your family & your dogs by any means necessary. And the threat of a lawsuit will add some more to that.
It is the scumbag trash that cause problems with pits/pit mixes and many other breeds. Having had 2 pit mixes for my last 2 dogs, I can say to all that they are incredibly loyal, wonderful dogs that with proper training and socializing - just like EVERY dog should get - are great dogs.
As far as the poster that said they are not good watch dogs, people friendly, etc -if you have you ever had one , you would not say that !! Have had two female mixes, both were exceptional watchdogs who did not yap and bark like idiots but were very, very effective. Last months some Jehovah's Witnesses ( cluelessly criminally trespassing!)
were given notice by my dog to not move an inch lol. No biting, but doubtful they will ever be back :) Good dog !

MJOFMJ420

THE FUNNY THING IS UR USER NAME IS BADDOG LMFAO
MAYBE SOME KARMA FOR GLORIFYING BAD DOGS LMFAO
NOW U REALLY KNOW WHAT A BAD DOG IS
GOD WORKS IN MYSTERIOUS WAYS

You pitbull lovers can be really fucking thick. It's this guys fault that his neighbors pit attacked his friends dog cause he fixed the fence but didn't reinforce it? So everyone who has a neighbor with a pitbull has a responsibility to make sure their neighbors animal doesn't have access to their pets or children to use as a mauling toy?

Ridiculous. I am 100% a dog person by the way, but pitbulls are dangerous because they have the physical ability to do great bodily harm and they often have aggressive personalitys. If people are going to own them they should be responsible and educated,
which most pit owners I've encountered are NOT.

MJOFMJ420

You pitbull lovers can be really fucking thick. It's this guys fault that his neighbors pit attacked his friends dog cause he fixed the fence but didn't reinforce it? So everyone who has a neighbor with a pitbull has a responsibility to make sure their neighbors animal doesn't have access to their pets or children to use as a mauling toy?

Ridiculous. I am 100% a dog person by the way, but pitbulls are dangerous because they have the physical ability to do great bodily harm and they often have aggressive personalitys. If people are going to own them they should be responsible and educated,
which most pit owners I've encountered are NOT.
PITBULLS ARE DANGEROUS BECAUSE THEY CAN DO GREAT BODILY HARM???
ANY MID SIZED TO LARGE DOG CAN DO GREAT BODILY DAMAGE
PIT BULL DOESNT TOP THE STRONGEST BITE LIST OR MOST AGGRESSIVE LIST

ROTS HAVE THE STRONGEST BITE CHIHUHUA IS THE MOST AGGRESSIVE AND LABRADORS ARE THE MOST AGGRESSIVE FOR LARGE DOGS. GERMAN SHEPPERD'S ALSO HAVE A STRONGER BITE THAN A PIT ALONG WITH MANY OTHER DOGS

THEY HAVE A BAD RAP BECAUSE THEY WERE USED FOR FIGHTING (DUE TO THEIR MUSCULAR ''LOOKS'' AND EXTREME LOYALTY TO HUMANS NOT FOR BEING AGGRESSIVE STRONG BITING ANIMALS) AND HAVE A BAD RAP BECAUSE THEY ARE GLORIFIED IN THE "HOOD" AND SUBJECT TO ALOT OF BACKYARD IN BREEDING.
ALL IN ALL THEY ARE NOT THE MOST AGGRESIVE OR STRONGEST BITING DOG THEY ARE JUST REGULAR DOGS

Cmobile9

Numbers don't lie. Pit Bulls account for 32% of all dog related killings of human beings and over 50% of all attacks in the United States, yet Pit Bulls constitute only 2% of all dogs. 70% of those mauling deaths were of children.
http://www.dog-bite-law-center.com/pit_bull_attacks.html

So are pit owners the most irresponsible and worst dog owners on the planet? Is that your contention?

I was with this guy/girl when this thread opened but now two pages in and I don't believe your story!
I just think it is an attempt to bash pit bulls in a f$coed up kind of way. :moon:

MJOFMJ420

YEA BRO AS DUMB AS IT SOUNDS ITS THE OWNERS
AND PIT ATTACKS ARE THE ONES THAT MAKE THE STATISTIC SHEET BECAUSE THATS THE ONE THAT THE NEWS RUNS TO COVER
A GREAT EXAMPLE IS THIS POST... THE TITLE SAYS PITS IN IT,, IS THE TITLE WAS ''IM HAVING PROBLEMS WITH MY NEIGHBORS LABRADOR'' OR ''GOLDEN RETRIEVER'' IT WOULD HAVE GOTTEN OVER LOOKED BY MOST OF US WHO READ AND REPLIED.
AM I RIGHT?

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
That night he put one of his dogs into a cage and placed it near the fence closest to me so the dog would cry all night.

this is all you need to know.
any piece of shit who would do this is sub human and should not be responsible for another life.
any dog subjected to this type of abuse will be aggressive. this is the abuse he is willing to let you see!
breed becomes irrelevant at this point.
this aint over!
sounds like you have unstable neighbors. you NEED to protect your family from them not their dogs!
them getting rid of their dogs is the first step in preparation for their WAR against you.

i wont fight the breed ignorance on this thread..
there are people sighting insurance companies as a good reference for fucks sake.
you know the same ones who tell you your home was not flooded by storm surge with 8' of water since the wind pushed the water it was wind damage.
those paragons of honesty..
:rolleyes:

regardless the dogs are the least of your worries at this point!

dagnabit

Game Bred
Veteran
Insurance companies are know liars. They fuck with the numbers. There is a reason why carriers of homeonwner policies are hesitant to cover those who keep keep pit-bulls or pit-bull mixesdobermans,rotwielers,german shepards and chows.

needed a little work ;)

N

noyd666

had quite a few deaths and maulings down here in oz from diff breeds,latest yesterday was mastiff cross mauled to death two year old in grand ma's back yard, they could not pull dog off, ma was hurt and sent to hospital. seems like any breed might well attack. dog was put down.

Crusader Rabbit

Veteran
i feel like most dogs become aggressive or more aggressive when they're inside '"their" yard and are interacting with a person or dog on the other side of the fence.

Is the wolf a vicious killer or does it treat its young with love and affection?

Dogs are social "pack" animals. Most often, how they relate to "insiders" is very different than how they present themselves to "outsiders". Totally different thing. For this reason, stories of how loyal and loving an animal can behave while interacting within its family group, are irrelevant when discussing the animal's behavior towards outsiders.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Ruthless pack of terriers, relentless attack on mans leg.

[YOUTUBEIF]dacYjws6Zc4[/YOUTUBEIF]

Status
Not open for further replies.