What's new

New Miticide

med-man

The TRUMP of SKUNK: making skunk loud again!
Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i would take your word for it if you knew what you were talking about

silver skunk isnt "blue cheese".

but what would you know about west coast cuts in manitoba

med-man

growshopfrank

Veteran
The reason predator mites like Persimilis don't work proparly is because they have a certain humidity/temp range which is not ideal when you are flowering weed. On top of that 90% of growers are not gonna be able to keep those environmental requirements for persimilis to thrive in.

longipes predatory mites endure light bulb shows better but prefer longer than 12 hr days if you want them to thrive

pappy masonjar

Veteran
Can anybody tell me why neem products are kept so tight in Canada??
Arent people always saying how "organic" and safe neem is?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
its codex alimentarius

cures cancer and other ailments - from aryuvedic medicine. i remember a.n. had to stop selling there "genius oil" and someone else had to stop theirs as well

med-man

growshopfrank

Veteran
Can anybody tell me why neem products are kept so tight in Canada??
Arent people always saying how "organic" and safe neem is?

rumor has it that neem was sold as a pesticide without getting approval from AG can. then when AG can. had it pulled from the shelf some marketing folks tried to do an end run around AG can. and market it as a "leaf shine" and this pissed the bureaucrats off and the rest is history

GSPfan

Veteran
View Image
preaching and practicing irresponsible pesticide usage bro science like that is the reason why we have immune super mites in bc.

Lol. I would say it comes from people like you who recommend rotating pesticides instead of doing what it takes to get rid of them permanently. If pesticides aren't working then you have to chop and CLEAN the fuck out of everything. Would you seriously grow out and smoke a plant covered in mites?

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i am not opposed to starting a mother room, fresh one, and hammering the space and plants with chems. i would say 90% of beaster sent to highscholl kids in the u.s. is extremely carcinegenic from fresh sprayed chems preharvest

cancer rates among beaster growers in bc is skyrocketing past 5 years, i wonder how much it effects the smokers

med-man

B

Brad

haha i aint doin this lol....hi medman ;) almost got me! ;)

Last edited:

bigbag

Veteran
@med man, where are you sourcing the info that tells you cancer rates among BC growers is "skyrocketing" last 5 years ?
as for mite sprayes, Forbid can be very effective, as it's a one shot deal that's translaminar so you don't have to spray underneath foliage as much. with the neem and bug b gone, endall type sprays, you have to suit up and hit them every 3 days to be effective, which blows ! sm-90, works ok and smells great. heard guys are adding pure pyrithrin to bug b gone to kick it up a notch. in flower, a solution of ISO and H202 and drop of castile soap, seems to knock them down with minimal residual harm...used the Azaneem and it worked better than Azamax I reckon. I have a full 10L of OMRI approved, pure Indian neem oil and an open one I'm using, so I'm good for a while...
ps- what would you recommend using to bomb my rooms once empty ? normally I bleach and wash everything well, then release Doktor Doom, etc. was thinking of trying ozone, but am leary ? also, I went to take my pesticide ticket and they told me to start a landscaping company, as HC won't certify medical marijuana as a crop (yet?)?! so I just studied the material and never took the course/test. that said, when applying nasties, I follow strict protocol and wear full chem resistant garments, gloves and boots and full face mask respirator. sux, sweating balls in that suit, but it's a must

Last edited:
Lol. I would say it comes from people like you who recommend rotating pesticides instead of doing what it takes to get rid of them permanently. If pesticides aren't working then you have to chop and CLEAN the fuck out of everything. Would you seriously grow out and smoke a plant covered in mites
Permanently getting rid of mites in a garden requires spraying preventatively for pests even when we don't have a problem, it's a pretty basic IPM strategy.

If your only using one pesticide over and over again such as forbid (even if it appears they are permanently gone)you are artificially selecting for mites with a resistance to forbid . The more you keep applying it the larger the population of mites with the resistant gene becomes until the pesticide no longer works at all.

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
@med man, where are you sourcing the info that tells you cancer rates among BC growers is "skyrocketing" last 5 years ?
as for mite sprayes, Forbid can be very effective, as it's a one shot deal that's translaminar so you don't have to spray underneath foliage as much. with the neem and bug b gone, endall type sprays, you have to suit up and hit them every 3 days to be effective, which blows ! sm-90, works ok and smells great. heard guys are adding pure pyrithrin to bug b gone to kick it up a notch. in flower, a solution of ISO and H202 and drop of castile soap, seems to knock them down with minimal residual harm...used the Azaneem and it worked better than Azamax I reckon. I have a full 10L of OMRI approved, pure Indian neem oil and an open one I'm using, so I'm good for a while...
ps- what would you recommend using to bomb my rooms once empty ? normally I bleach and wash everything well, then release Doktor Doom, etc. was thinking of trying ozone, but am leary ? also, I went to take my pesticide ticket and they told me to start a landscaping company, as HC won't certify medical marijuana as a crop (yet?)?! so I just studied the material and never took the course/test. that said, when applying nasties, I follow strict protocol and wear full chem resistant garments, gloves and boots and full face mask respirator. sux, sweating balls in that suit, but it's a must

hi big bag

i know 4 beasters from maple ridge all got hodgkins lymphoma within a year of eachother.

and they all have friends getting the samething from surrounding areas. usually happens around the 10 year marks of their growing careers. these guys never wore masks working with bails and bug chems. lets not forget the karma of selling that chem sprayed shwag to minors

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
haha i aint doin this lol....hi medman ;) almost got me! ;)

hey brad, dig this :

"the greatest enemy will hide in the last place we will ever look"
- julius ceaser

he was not talking about me or icmag :) know where it is hiding?

med-man

med-man

Boutique Breeder
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey big bag

as well,

there is a greehouse supply that caters to the mission ridge area

the guy that owns it is very up on thangs, he has over 600 regular clients, and he is saying the long term dirt guys, about 25% of em (the ones that dont eventually hire people) are all getting cancer. he thinks its the carcinogens in the promix/sunshine mix.

med-man

hey big bag

as well,

there is a greehouse supply that caters to the mission ridge area

the guy that owns it is very up on thangs, he has over 600 regular clients, and he is saying the long term dirt guys, about 25% of em (the ones that dont eventually hire people) are all getting cancer. he thinks its the carcinogens in the promix/sunshine mix.

med-man

Most likely the Perlite particles. Can't see those being healthy stuck in your lungs for years.

bigbag

Veteran
yeah, I know that shop and guy, he's very up an all of that and as a matter of fact, we've had a few good conversations re this matter and solutions, such as alkaline treatments, etc. smart fellow, and cool shop. I'm assuming it's the one where the ferry used to be ;) well, I've always worn resp's or at very least a dust mask, when working with pro-mix. on the coco tip for some time now and is way less dusty... I do cringe at the thought of some unknowing kids, puffing on something that I grew and wouldn't puff...but it's not my farm, and my superiors could give a flying F...;) sux to be a boutique minded grower, in a beasters world. but that said, brokers wan't trips and quads but only wan't to pay a tad more than for beasts ???