What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Mexico Medical marajuana is BUNK

HerbGrinder

Good web site herb...... ya I fill bad for bashing the medical marajuana in n.m. but I think the patients deserve way better, hopefully we can get it up too par. Even if I half to do it myself

Hey Green...the PM system is tricky here. Seems i can only have one message and can't send one before deleting....i think i deleted your message and my response. =X But I'm glad you joined the alliance. We have a lot great people who are very chill. A cross section of folk from all walks of life. We have an informal smoke-in on sunday. Check the patient lounge. Ur more than welcome brosef!

Good luck Herb- it's an uphill battle, as I'm sure you know...

Thank you sir. Just so happens that uphill is my strong suit.

zymos

Jammin'!
Veteran
HerbGrinder-I think you need a higher post count to have full access to some of the features here. (more PMs, avatar, etc)

Headed over to the Railrunner station to ride up to SF and march against the War on Women...

lipsmcgee

I have heard from a few people that the herb is not up to par (for the most part) in the NM dispensary's. I've been trying to figure out how to get into the NM medical scene, but the rules make it much harder than Cali or CO. I can't just go to a dispensary and sell my wares. I have to have a medical doctor and so forth involved in order to even be considered. There's much better bud available from dealers (or your own personal stash) right now than from the medical scene. The strains that are listed on the few dispensary's sites are kinda ambiguous.

Jackel12

Hey Folks,

I am a self patient so to speak in Texas where the penalties on meds are terrible and will be moving the New Mexico sometime this Jan or Feb and already have a set up being built to grow my own. What I need is to find a doctor who prescribes our meds so I can get the licensed user card and then find out how to become a care giver. I don't claim to be a professional and usually grow around 12 to 14 plants to start that usually yield around a half of pound or so for each plant. I really would like to get set up so I can help myself and other people who need quality meds.

If there is any information you folks can provide, I would greatly appreciate it. I am also happy to have found this forum and hopefully be able to share with everyone to make life better for all involved.

C

cvk

Yes the weed sold by producers in NM is low to mid grade moldy bud, grown by greedy producers who dont even smoke weed and are only in it for the money. The program needs to be closely monitored for producers who sell bud with molds and pesticides since there are a few who care less about what they are selling to the sick and the poor. (Makes me ill to see pic's of thier bud rooms with hot shot pest strips hanging every few feet apart.)
If you know the right people you can get the real deal sticky icky road kill skunk for $200 a zip in mason jars that fail to hold in the smell. Been that way for 30+ years and it isnt slowing down. Recently the RKS has been getting super potent and I believe its because those growing it are now growing bigger numbers and can now select the best pheno's. The med mj program has been great for the hobby growers with many years of experiance that can now grow without fear of prosecution. Those are the growers who should be growing for the program and not the greedy producers that are clueless as to what they are doing. Just my opinion

Littleleaf

Veteran
I know one of the state growers.
He's a great guy BUT I started him growing just two years ago. He's out of ABQ. hell I even gave him the white and sourwreck(sb4Xtrainwreck)and alot off other great beans.
He gave me some blue widow that was like smoking bermuda grass. So I know for a fact that one of the growers there is sub par. He has the heart but not the skillzz yet.I'm working with him to get it up to snuff.
I'm going to call him and tell him about what is being said about the product there.

PhishyPharmer

Yea NM is bad news if you're a patient in need of decent meds. The new governer is making things very hard for any progress to be made and the small progress that was made is stagnating under Martinez rule. Fortunately, there's a tight system of underground people trying to do right. Doctors and lawyers putting their careers on the line. But that only means the underground proliferates, and people trying to protect themselves with law are back where they started. Lots of good folks in NM

Littleleaf

Veteran
I talked to Huggie(nic) and he told me that he is no longer on the board of directors. The reason is. The greed and lack of compassion for the patients. Nothing but sht product their turning out and he doesn't want any thing to do with them.
He is real sick and healing from surgery so I do need to take a 6hr trip to give him a hand.

greenpinky

UPDATE;;
So I have had he privilege to sample all the Med shops in new Mexico now..... and there are some bad ass meds around..... but the 150 plant limit cripples there inventory . Where they gets meds once a week and sell out with in hours..so there are two bomb ass shops. With clones (cuttings)also......

Greenhand46

Its the ones out of Santa Fe, I heard they were the first to jump on the wagon to start selling the MMJ, and being herbalists, they thought they could grow out the MMJ with no prior experience. Not only that but ive heard they won't give any growers with knowledge a chance as they wanted to keep it to themselves. Also, I don't know about now, but a few years back I heard they were using florescents, not CFLs but Walmart tubes. That may explain the airy buds.

H

HerbScience

Texan who tried their meds, some decent stuff but all immature, turnover and profit, the competition for good stuff hasn't kicked in yet

D

Duk~O~Deth

I tried Natural RX again after a growing hiatus. Found there stuff to be better than it was. Smoked much better.

aridbud

automeister
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Better to GYO. Tried MMJ in 2010 when I got my NM MMJ card. Marginal at best, thus growing was the key to my satisfaction. tried 3 different dispensaries....better to invest in soil, containers and your own seed product.

delilah

Hello all - this is my first post. (I have been lurking for awhile.) I just realized I am too new to send private messages! I need a friend! I just moved to Albuquerque with my husband, who is a California patient. The medical process here is daunting, and he is in pain! Not accustomed to street purchasing! Any advice???

greenpinky

Pain is rough to get a mmj card. He will need 2 different doc rec... it is very doable but its like twice the process...good luck I wish I could help im no where near albuquerque.... maybe look for guys with dreadlocks..lol

delilah

Thank you for your reply, GreenPinky. I'll just keep checking back, maybe someone from Albuquerque will post something helpful. :cry:

RoadRash

Hello all - this is my first post. (I have been lurking for awhile.) I just realized I am too new to send private messages! I need a friend! I just moved to Albuquerque with my husband, who is a California patient. The medical process here is daunting, and he is in pain! Not accustomed to street purchasing! Any advice???

Order Nirvana seeds from one of the anon. seed sellers (like the Boutique.)

Get something simple, e.g. White Castle or Papaya, high resin, easy to grow.

It would take about 2 weeks to get the seeds, 3 1/12 months for veg + flower + dry. 4 months and you are providing your own high quality meds.

OR - wear a the red + yellow + green colors of a Rasta band or some other band that is known for their Cannabis consumption. :woohoo:

but not Justin Bieber (or Miley Cyrus), PLEASE. :biggrin:

Then wear the shirt/ sweat in the gym, get to know your fellow gym members, the conversation will come around to Cannabis & med. marijuana.

In a state like New Mexico, that is probably a safe approach. unless NM cops are jack-booted thugs ?