What's new

NEW MEMBERS - Please read!!!!!!!!!!!!

Coniferous Root Aphids - I will make sure to make a note of them and include them in the update. Can you give a little more informaiton about them? You have personal experience with them and you got rid of them! We also have micro mites that migrated from the grape leaves. I would also like to do more about fungus which has been a big problem in many climates.

Nutrients are another thing that I will expand. There is quite a bit more information and references to cite to do more research for growers. Good stuff! The book is already 512 pages.

Coniferous Root Aphids - I will make sure to make a note of them and include them in the update. Can you give a little more informaiton about them? You have personal experience with them and you got rid of them! We also have micro mites that migrated from the grape leaves. I would also like to do more about fungus which has been a big problem in many climates.

Nutrients are another thing that I will expand. There is quite a bit more information and references to cite to do more research for growers. Good stuff! The book is already 512 pages.

I had the Coniferous Root Aphids a couple years back, and part of the problem was I misidentified them as Fungus Gnats and went through a couple cycles and a bunch of Gnatrol, and with each new cycle they got worse! The little bastards were crawling from a nearby grove of Spuce Tress into my Grow, as best I could tell. They are very mobile! Anyway, I grow indoors, but it's an old barn so it's not exactly air-tight. I also do D.W.C., which is a bonus for the Aphids because those roots are just hanging there like grapes for the Aphids to munch on, no dirt or gravel to eat around at this salad bar. I finally got rid of them (and every other pest I might have had) when I started using Azatrol in my nutrient mix, this is a Food Safe (or so PBI Gordon claims) OMRI listed pesticide. Good stuff. It is Systemic, which I know some people are not real thrilled about, but like I said, it's also organic. I also put Diatomaceus Earth on the ground in the corners inside my grow, and I think that helped out, too.
Here's a Picture, the ones I had were Black, not Yellow like in this picture:
http://www.pbase.com/tmurray74/image/58669339

..and heres a more specific link, I think these Aphids are native to areas where they have Spruce Trees.

http://www.pfc.forestry.ca/diseases/nursery/pests/aphids_e.html

Happy Growing!

Hi, I'm a newcomer to your thread/forum/medical marijuana, medical marijuana clubs, and marijuana in general. the SeniorBuzz handle just to clarify, although fitting, has absolutely nothing to do with smoking marijuana. my real nickname is Buzz, and I felt entitled to the Sr, when I became old enough.

happily retired in the SF Bay Area

mmj licensed for 5 months now;

a relative neophyte when it comes to using mj, but it helps immensely, and I definitely appreciate it.

Payaso

Original Editor of ICMagazine
Veteran
Welcome SeniorBuzz, it was a pleasure meeting you at the Harvest Festival, hope you enjoy hanging out on ICMag as much as we all do.
Happy Growing and all the best...

Hey all

Hey all

Yep, guilty of lurking myself, but it's only because I'm here learning and reading all I can to avoid asking some questions about something that's already posted. I'm getting my gear together and as soon as I can I'll be on my way to growing my own. Thanks everyone for all of the great info. This is my home.
Bush:woohoo:

ColoradoKid

Hi ColoradoKid. The best way to start is simple and small. When you start this way you can learn from small mistakes rather than big mistakes. Spend most of your time watching how plants grow and set them up in a good simple environment. Good luck!

Hi Jorge. I bought your book from Amazon and then read that some people are paranoid about buying stuff online. So I was wondering if perhaps it was not a good thing to do. Oh well, I did it. I have one small plant that is a new clone. I have had it for a couple of days now and it is fun to watch it start to grow a bit. I probably spend way to much time with it. I just look at it and make sure it doesn't dry way way out. But I am letting it get a bit dry so as to not over-water it. I am going to have to mix up some nutes for it here real soon I guess. Thanks for the advice. I really appreciate the helpful information. :woohoo:

The best advice I can give you is, "BUY A BOOK!" You can order a book from www.fsbookco.com or Amazon, but Amazon won't protect your privacy like FSBookCo. The Jorge Cervantes "Indoor Medical MJ Bible" is one of the better books, especially for a new grower. You can also go to Borders and potentially find this book on the shelf and just pay cash for it. It will be in the Gardening Section.

We are very lucky to live in Colorado. I think we have one of the best MJ scenes on the planet!

Hi Bud. Well, I bought a book. Never giving any thought to if I should be paranoid or not. :noway:

And yes Colorado is a wonderful place. I will probably be here the rest of my natural life. :jump:

sito007

I cant ask a question about seeds?

Hi there are ALL Feminized SEEDS guarantee females? also can I get clones from Feminized SEEDS?

WOW I COME A LONG WAY SINCE THAT POSTED BACK IN AUGUST ,, THANKS IC,

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Good looking crop!

You can also buy books over the fone if you are paranoid to order online. They destroy the records. I have not heard of anything suspicious about ordering online.

gabjaz

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site and don't really know how to navagate around yet.

A little about myself. I'm an older woman (50's) and have found relief from the medicinal use of cannabis. I would like to grow a small amount for personal use, but I don't know where to begin...

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You

gramma watt

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to this site and don't really know how to navagate around yet.

A little about myself. I'm an older woman (50's) and have found relief from the medicinal use of cannabis. I would like to grow a small amount for personal use, but I don't know where to begin...

Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Thank You

Do you have seeds? Where are you located..if in the USA, are you in a legal state?

gabjaz

Hello, No seeds and I am in the USA, but not a legal state :(.. I'm not sure if I'm up to this... Gabs

ERVABUE

FREE TO READ

FREE TO READ

right the old :dueling:for some:joint:to be :abduct:and
:woohoo:instead of:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::mad::mad::wallbash::mad:

:yeahthats a seed of marijuana even at:fsu:end of the world will survives the cockroac :nanana:private professy :mad:im more afraid by the blue ball:fsu:than my own SOG
View attachment 33288 :wallbash::yeahthats

Mister Tom

hey everyone just wanted to say hi. Mister Tom here from Michigan love it just passed the medical marijuana laws just got over chemo treatments and am medicating myself. Truly is a relief to drop most of the rx pills and meds. Looking forward to becoming a caregiver and eventually opening up a place to help other patients with thier meds and become a valued asset to the community.