What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

negative37dBA

Veteran
I have taken the glue to a full 10 weeks a few times. That was under HPS and MH. Now that I run LED I find that 9 weeks is plenty. This last run was around 850 to a max of 1000 PPFD at the tops. I went 63 days. My nutrient level was as low as I have ever run and yes she was a bit hungry. I was NEVER over a .7 EC at any time during the run. I grow in RDWC. No co2 and Jacks 321. Here is a shot from around day 54.
GG4 clone only.
IMG_7955 - Copy.JPG

Have a sweet day. Peace, negative.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Just so you know I have grown the GG4 clone only for many years. It is by far and away my FAV strain of all time. I have a ton of experience with it. This run has more flavor by a good long ways that any other I have done. It always delivers on smell. A complete room reeker of gas. I have really gotten decent at drying and this run was left alone after the chop for 15 days. Almost constant 60F/60Rh. No burping needed. Straight into jars and has been stellar! I am firing up a fat bowl right now!
Peace, negative.

Clackboomdoom

Premium user
I have taken the glue to a full 10 weeks a few times. That was under HPS and MH. Now that I run LED I find that 9 weeks is plenty. This last run was around 850 to a max of 1000 PPFD at the tops. I went 63 days. My nutrient level was as low as I have ever run and yes she was a bit hungry. I was NEVER over a .7 EC at any time during the run. I grow in RDWC. No co2 and Jacks 321. Here is a shot from around day 54.
GG4 clone only. View attachment 18945369
I am in coco so that explains the EC difference. Thank you millions for the info negative!

Clackboomdoom

Premium user
I have run PPFD levels of anywhere between 850 and 1000 during different grows. I measure that with a phone app that's pretty good but there may be some error factor. Lower and longer in my opinion have given me the best results. This last run I went low on light, kinda long on time and low on nutes. Got some of the best GG4 I have ever gotten. Best flavor I have ever gotten by far this last run.
Have a great day. Love to see a shot of the entire plant!
Peace, negative.
IMG_0621.jpeg
Just transplanted GG4, will flip in a week ish.

negative37dBA

Veteran
You can just tell the Glue by it's look when you have been growing it so long. Lanky, purple petioles, twisted leaves here and there, that lime green center and darker green end of the leaves. Fuck yes brother go!!!

Jungle Nat

Okay well my second grow is going terribly... I have neglected my plants (was extremely busy and some challenging personal circumstances these last couple of months). I'm almost too embarrassed to post pictures but I think I need some help to figure out what went wrong. They are in day 75 of flower. L.S.D. by Barney's the leaves are totally yellow and wilted and dead, and that one has been struggling the most. The GG#4 is doing okay for the most part but shows similar signs to the other two in a couple of places. The MN Tangie is starting to look bad but held out a lot longer than the LSD. I'm wondering if I should just chop. I have a veg tent with some monsters that I'm more excited for those genetics anyway. Should I post pictures here to get feedback on chop and start over with the plants in veg or just take it the last week or two and harvest. I think I might have burned them with my new LED that I had on 100% too close to the plants for a while (Viparspectra KS5000). I'm wondering if it was light burn leading to nutrient lock out or something? Or just severe nutrient deficiency? I reused the soil and it just seems a little off, maybe not enough organic material? I'm wondering if it could also be bud rot but it has been around on the LSD since earlier/mid flower, not sure how common that is.

Have the same GG#4, the Panama from Ace Seeds (massive right now), and two of the Chem 91's from CSI all in veg and they seem healthy enough (a little low on light on some parts as they are packed in and getting massive - I started them way too early so I keep having to top them to keep them under the light).

I'm feeding both with Gaia Greens dry amendments and some liquid kelp and cal mag (not super often). Can give more details when I post photos.

negative37dBA

Veteran
Check those trichs. We all white or getting any amber? As long as you did not lose all your leaves in like week 4 you should be ok. Plant has a natural life and death cycle. It can be tough with life getting in the way of getting a good grow on, trust me I understand.
Peace, negative.

Reactions: ost

Jungle Nat

I just checked trichomes last night, seeing a little bit of amber. Might have been on sugar leaves but I guess they could come down soon. Still white pistils though. Maybe I'll chop in a couple days on 4/20. I'll post the pictures, go ahead and roast me or just be gentle and understand that life got hard, haha. LSD is in the roughest shape. I'm just worried it's something that will be dangerous to vape (bud rot?) or something else that will be not good for human consumption or for the plants I'll move in there after these.

LSD
IMG_7667.jpeg

IMG_7668.jpeg

GG4
IMG_7670.jpeg

IMG_7671.jpeg

MN Tangie
IMG_7674.jpeg

IMG_7675.jpeg

Those poor babies. I feel sad and a little shameful every time I open my tent instead of joyful like my last grow. Oh well, more lessons learned and I think I had just a bit of beginners luck my first time. Ready to keep learning the lessons the hard way and hopefully the easy way to by learning from you all and others.

negative37dBA

Veteran
OK...no need to roast you at all. You understand that this was not right and are looking to make it better next run. Good for you. Not sure if I see any budrot there but I am far from a expert on that. I have actually never seen it in real life. If you had it would spread rapidly affecting many areas quickly. They look overall underfed to me and lacking a bit in the trich department. Cannot change that now, please dont try. Just take down what you have and do the best cure you can on it.
I would pull all but the Glue before those dying leaves get farther inside the buds. That Glue looks like it could go a bit more before it lets those leaves go fully.
If you never have mistakes or hard times you tend not to learn as much. Take this as a bit of education. No substitute for real life lessons...

Creeperpark

Mentor
Veteran
I just checked trichomes last night, seeing a little bit of amber. Might have been on sugar leaves but I guess they could come down soon. Still white pistils though. Maybe I'll chop in a couple days on 4/20. I'll post the pictures, go ahead and roast me or just be gentle and understand that life got hard, haha. LSD is in the roughest shape. I'm just worried it's something that will be dangerous to vape (bud rot?) or something else that will be not good for human consumption or for the plants I'll move in there after these.

LSD
View attachment 18988739

View attachment 18988740

GG4
View attachment 18988741
View attachment 18988742

MN Tangie
View attachment 18988743

View attachment 18988744

Those poor babies. I feel sad and a little shameful every time I open my tent instead of joyful like my last grow. Oh well, more lessons learned and I think I had just a bit of beginners luck my first time. Ready to keep learning the lessons the hard way and hopefully the easy way to by learning from you all and others.
Every problem is a blessing in disguise if you learn from it. It looks like the pH has drifted too low and that's causing the leaf bronzing. It is important to use a buffer to keep the pH stable.

The best thing anyone can do in an indoor garden is a pour-thru and catch the runoff and test it. Testing everything incoming and outgoing is key to keeping your plants green and happy. It is easy to become complacent and not test the run-off but the results will always be a gamble. Use your EC and pH meter from the beginning to the end to know what is going on in the substrate.

Last edited:

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club
Hello everyone, excited to be a part of these forums. I'm excited to learn more about growing. I harvested my first successful grow just over a month ago and have really been enjoying that process. I have my 2nd grow going now and just ordered a second tent set up that I'm super excited to get going. I got a clone of the Panama from Ace Seeds and a clone of GG (supposedly #4 S1) from a friend and another member here that I am hoping are rooting now, as well as some Lemon Sour Diesel that I started from seed that is going well. On the way I have some Chem 91 S1 from CSI Humboldt for the new tent (I'm in the U.S.). I'm interested in older school strains and want to get into landrace strains as well. There's a lot of knowledge here, excited to learn more!
It's great to see people interested in landrace genetics. Seems so many new and medium growers chase the hyped Instagram (garbage) of dispensary recreational products. Where people chase felonious numbers and concentrates aquivilating a one hit wonder to nap time as quality.
Please find your way to the VIP SECTION 🙏 My thread Growing Victory will be covering.
(Landrace/geographic specific regions, f1's, S1 hybrids and IBL's) a small consortium of friends have a desire for landrace and f1 crosses of the highest quality for stashes.

Maybe you will see something that interests you to pursue for yourself?
Welcome to ICMAG and enjoy this amazing family.
Peace farmerlion

farmerlion

Microbial Repositories
Premium user
Mentor
Veteran
420club

LSD
View attachment 18988739

View attachment 18988740

GG4
View attachment 18988741
View attachment 18988742

MN Tangie
View attachment 18988743

View attachment 18988744

Jungle Nat,
You tried to super tune this round and it blew up in your face. We've all been there.
Now before you start another grow making changes without gaining any additional knowledge or insights.

Take a deep breath and swallow your pride, let's learn.
1. Get rid of your growing medium, it's toxic.

2. Your genetics are vastly different from each other and your treating them the same. The Ace genetics are solid. The Gorilla Glue??? Who's it from? So many wanna be's have GG for sale and they're growing skills and selections are riding on name hype not quality.

3. Go to the thread Making Marijuana Great Again and read all the collapsed pages and increase your knowledge of how plants actually feed.

4. Clean everything in your grow room and storage areas. Throw away anything synthetic if you want to ever be more than just a grower with disappointing results for all your hard work. There's not a tree, shrub, flower or lillypad anywhere on the planet that has to check Ph, ewc or ppm's. (Why would you want to deal with that headache of mediocrity?)

5. Ignore the urge to give your plants a little sumpen, sumpen!
Your seeds know more about what they need at what times of growth than you or I ever will.

You are actually growing roots! When you grow a better root, you can't help but get better plants as the fruit of your efforts.

Please don't be offended by my direct manner of answering questions. I want you to have your best grow ever. Start with one or two like strains and master your environmental conditions.

Then after a couple seasons you will see environmental issues that are holding you back. Make one or two changes each cycle until you have refined you skill sets.
Peace brother 🙏
farmerlion

kordo

Hi,
I'm just worried it's something that will be dangerous to vape (bud rot?) or something else that will be not good for human consumption or for the plants I'll move in there after these.
Personally, I would not smoke or vape or anything else with such plants. I am not sure if I would use it to make butter... I am not a scientist so there is maybe no problem but I think it may be full of nutrients that could not be eaten so...

Best grow next time ;)

kordo

BHO or Rosin maybe :(
Maybe... If someone was able to tell us if npk could also be extracted, it would be a great information.
I am scared it comes with cannabinoids...?
As plant is burnt, I imagine that all nutrients were not transformed and so are still in plants after harvest...
But maybe there would not cause instant death :D and maybe that's totally safe.

💡 Jungle Nat, would you mind keeping us informed if you have to go to hospital once you'ill have ingested this herb please ?

:eek::LOL:

Latest posts

Latest posts