What's new

New member with a question or 2!

seany

Looking good so far ninja, just don't let the cat near them! The little shits like to nibble MJ

Seany

ninja1

Looking good so far ninja, just don't let the cat near them! The little shits like to nibble MJ

Seany
HA HA! i know they love to bite em when there little but for some reason they sleep curled up around my big plant all summer when I brought it in at night.

B

bybliz

now that is much better! You're plants will love it, now you will need to get a thermometer to measure the temperatures inside that box, how hot does it get when you're lights are turned on? Ventilation and Odor control are things to work on next.

ninja1

now that is much better! You're plants will love it, now you will need to get a thermometer to measure the temperatures inside that box, how hot does it get when you're lights are turned on? Ventilation and Odor control are things to work on next.

All cfl's so it stays pretty cool, i am going to pick up a thermo today on the ride home though to know for sure.
I am going to try my hand at at making a charcoal screen too.
I am having trouble finding PC fans that plug in direct so far.
WHat do you think about the lighting? Good mix of the whole spectrum?
2-68 watt soft whites - these things are huge!
and 3 little 23 watt bright whites.

Also - i think one plant - the dark green one is very stressed right now, (the one on the left) its very droopy looking.

B

bybliz

All cfl's so it stays pretty cool, i am going to pick up a thermo today on the ride home though to know for sure.
I am going to try my hand at at making a charcoal screen too.
I am having trouble finding PC fans that plug in direct so far.
WHat do you think about the lighting? Good mix of the whole spectrum?
2-68 watt soft whites - these things are huge!
and 3 little 23 watt bright whites.

Also - i think one plant - the dark green one is very stressed right now, (the one on the left) its very droopy looking.

I don't think you will find any "PC" fans that will plug in directly to wall outlets? Most, if not all fans sold for PC's will be made for 12V. There are such thing as 110V axial fans but i don't think they are considered for PC's. You can run PC fans with less than 12V to keep them quieter, but I don't recommend running them higher than 12V. What you can do is buy an ATX power supply or even get an old one for free (a lot of people throw these things out) those are usually adequate for running MANY PC fans. You can also use power adaptors to run PC fans. I think you should read this thread by scrubninja, he pretty much explains all this in detail...check it out http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=131842

About your "sick" plant, someone else will have to chime in on that, I'm on my first full grow too so I don't have much experience in diagnosing plant illnesses or deficiencies. To me it actually looks like it's in an "ok" state. Another reason why temperatures should be checked, it is a factor.

ninja1

last random questions of the day -
I hear alot of people talking about feeding with Molasses? whats the benefit and how much and often?
Also
Besides my seeds I pick out of my bags, where do most people pick up some good ones - bluberry,white widow....

seany

last random questions of the day -
I hear alot of people talking about feeding with Molasses? whats the benefit and how much and often?
Also
Besides my seeds I pick out of my bags, where do most people pick up some good ones - bluberry,white widow....

Hey ninja, I use molasses and tomato feed and it seems to be going well. In a 5 litre bottle I use about 2 teaspoons full, any more than that and the lady doesn't seem to like it. They are rich with magnesium, calcium, potassium, sugars and carbs so they must be good! lol

Seeds you can find on the net, but be careful where you buy for security and quality.

EDIT: Forgot to mention that if your worried about payment on the internet for whatever reason, and depending where your from, you could just go to a headshop.

As with the wilting you might have on your plants since posting the pics, it might be from over watering. How often are you watering them? What is the top soil like? Wet, dry, very dry?

Seany

Last edited:

ninja1

Seany- thanks for your help! You think I might have overwatered? The plants were watered really well, but the "curling" leaves feel dry and wrinkley. I am getting new growth at the stem, its the big first leaves that are hurting. Maybe I need more bright white lights? ( I have 2 23watt 3500k, and 2 68 watt 2700k )

Yeah, no head shops in the Boston area selling seeds. As for the net, I'm not too worried about it, just wasn't sure if there was a prefered vendor here to support.

Batboy

Yeah, no head shops in the Boston area selling seeds. As for the net, I'm not too worried about it, just wasn't sure if there was a prefered vendor here to support.

Check out Seedbay and Seedboutique -- they are sponsors (possibly owners) of this forum, support their customers through this forum, give freebies with orders and seem very well respected. Check out their ads on this site and/or their vendor pages where people talk about orders, timing, stealth, etc.

seany

Seany- thanks for your help! You think I might have overwatered? The plants were watered really well, but the "curling" leaves feel dry and wrinkley.

Sorry dude, it could be underwatering or maybe heat stress If your plants are getting crispy dry leaves. Are you feeding atall? Try and post pics up or have a look in the infirmary... Sorry I couldn't help more

Seany