What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new kessil LED light

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
I see the same trend, as more watts are purchased the cost per watt goes down. This is most noticable within a product line, but as pointed out in the above list it is comparable across brands as well.

My units come in at just over $5/watt, they do exactly what I want. Cannot improve on that, the HID's used previously did not do what I wanted.
The decision was quite simple and my personal needs won. I know plenty of inexpensive growers, another one is not needed in my area.

And I am blessed in having the choice be up to me alone.

analogue

I borrowed a quantum meter to measure my Kessil 350 Magenta.

At 8 inches distance, the PPF for the Kessil 350 reads at about 950.

In comparison, my former light - a 150w HPS, read about 800 PPF at 4 inches.

Photosynthetic Photon Flux (PPF) in μmol m-2 s-1.

Attachments

• PAR-kessil.jpg
    PAR-kessil.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 17
  • PAR-hps.jpg
    PAR-hps.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 15

Phaeton

Speed of Dark
Veteran
Oooh, I like your meter, I measured the HydroGrowLED 336X-PRO at 24", 750 umol. Still a small footprint, but the output is 16 of the 28 watt kessil's per unit. 448 driven watts. The HGL 28 watt single units are identical in output intensity and footprint as the kessil, with a green band included.

Attachments

• 24 inch, PAR.jpg
    24 inch, PAR.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 19
  • Measured LED angle.jpg
    Measured LED angle.jpg
    80.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
^ I am flowering with it if you looked at my post above yours

I sent an email to kessil about white led's.. they say there testing has proved no difference to add white LED.. that's what they said to me

yes, $250 might be alot, but if you know, there are some micro growers here, that grow in PC's, which I think this would be suited for, maybe clones ( never did it yet ) or side lighting.. I do believe they have a ways to go with this but for experimenters it is a good tool I believe, as no one has done a micro LED like this before

Hey habeeb, I wanted to see your Kessil grow but the pictures are no longer viewable. I have 2 for supplement lighting and was curious to see how the plants did under just the kessils?

habeeb

follow your heart
ICMag Donor
Veteran
did I delete them???

well got 5 grams from a plant, so not very successful, was doing a LST plant but got pulled half way through, maybe would have been 7 grams ????

I hated it, they got sold...

not sure if others got better yields, but I sure didn't

Got the Kessil 350 Magenta yesterday. What I don't like right off is the short cord length, probably 8ft. Couldn't hang it where I wanted w/o an extension cord.
Really quiet fan, you think it's not working. It's truly magenta.

[URL=https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=15256&pictureid=821319&thumb=1]View Image[/url]

Hung over an A11 that's getting 600w hps vertical love too. (Just getting the LED here.)
We'll see how she goes against the girls w/o.

Hey man. could I get a link to your side by side with the kessil magenta grow. I have 2 h150s magenta.

Thanks!

Are these efficient for vegging plants? I grow in a no-til so my pots don't move and it would be nice to have something smaller and easy to pop over young plants rather than turn down the wattage on my 600w and decrease the life of my lamps.

Thanks

Mr. Roseberry