What's new

New Homeland Security Laser Scanner Reads People At Molecular Level

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Comrades! Comrades! Gather around.

Take a look at Big Brother's newest toy. I'm sure it can detect if you've smoked weed so be prepared to be molested by a TSA Comrade if you've smoked recently before going to an airport.

Enjoy Comrades. Remember Big Brother loves you and is just trying to keep you safe.

New Homeland Security Laser Scanner Reads People At Molecular Level CBS
WASHINGTON (CBSDC) – The Department of Homeland Security will soon be using a laser at airports that can detect everything about you from over 160-feet away.

Gizmodo reports a scanner that could read people at the molecular level has been invented. This laser-based scanner – which can be used 164-feet away — could read everything from a person’s adrenaline levels, to traces of gun powder on a person’s clothes, to illegal substances — and it can all be done without a physical search. It also could be used on multiple people at a time, eliminating random searches at airports.

The laser-based scanner is expected to be used in airports as soon as 2013, Gizmodo reports.

The scanner is called the Picosecond Programmable Laser. The device works by blasting its target with lasers which vibrate molecules that are then read by the machine that determine what substances a person has been exposed to. This could be Semtex explosives to the bacon and egg sandwich they had for breakfast that morning.

FlowerFarmer

Veteran
Aside from the whole freedom and liberties being stripped from us in disregard to any constitutional right we might have...

Is there any bodily concerns in having lasers vibrate our molecules?

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Probably not a tan. Might give you cancer though, but think of all the potential money that can be made by constantly irradiating people and scanning them with lasers. Huge profits to be made for BigCorp.

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
I worry more about the little lead things flying through the air, exciting my molecules and won't pass through w/o making a big hole.

RetroGrow

Veteran
^^^LOLs!!!!!
Gramps, you beat me to it. I was just about to post this latest atrocity from homeland secirity. Now they can zap us with a laser and know what we have ingested/smoked or otherwise introduced into OUR bodies. Where will it end? Will we soon all be tethered to an omnipotent computer, monitoring our every move?
This is beyond Orwellian.
This is sick!

K

KSP

I haven't flown commercially in this century. With news like this, unlikely that is going to change.

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^I may start. I may take cruises to get over seas even. This is getting minority report ridiculousness. There is no reason for this invention other than invasion of privacy. Hell I may just go completely off the grid soon. If they use this technology in airports than they will use it Post offices, schools, bus stations, subway stations, and any other area considered "public" They can put one at every stop light. they will recruit private business to put them up. like nazis

Then when a person of interest is scanned the near by drone will follow them to their house and spy on everything they do with cameras and heat scanners, until the usa gestapo decides to drag them off in the night, or drop a precision guided missile on their ass.

This shit is getting absurd. How in the fuck are we even still calling it the USA? I dont fucking get it. The constitution has obviously been 100 percent ignored by the government for the last 40 fucking years minimum.

resinryder

Rubbing my glands together
Veteran
Sieg Heil bitches!!! Not worry. The Reps and Dems are just looking out for ya. Keep on voting them into office. Come on in, the Koolaid is just fine!!!

Hash Zeppelin

Ski Bum Rodeo Clown
Premium user
ICMag Donor
Veteran
anyone want to get some land in the next 5 to ten years some where and build an off the grid mountain retreat, so it is possible just step away from all this nonsense if need be. Build an under ground network of tunnels and bomb shelters and load up with 50 years of food, water, and ammo. Line the whole area with cameras and trip wires that set off alarms.

Preparing for zombies is easy. preparing for the us government is damn near impossible. lol

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Sieg Heil bitches!!! Not worry. The Reps and Dems are just looking out for ya. Keep on voting them into office. Come on in, the Koolaid is just fine!!!

Or not looking out for you depending on the circumstances.

A scandal over rate-fixing is about to hit the US

Shapiro wrote in a blog Wednesday that “coming on top of the reckless and dishonest behavior that led to the 2008 financial collapse, the LIBOR manipulations should finally dispose of the conservative case for self-regulation by Wall Street.”

http://marketday.msnbc.msn.com/_new...-over-rate-fixing-is-about-to-hit-the-us?lite

HempKat

Just A Simple Old Dirt Farmer
Veteran
Good answer. I guess what I meant to say is what's a better way to secure the friendly skies?

Better from who's point of view? I doubt there is a better way that would be enduring. There may be a better way for now but as soon as someone makes a better mousetrap someone will make a better mouse.

Latest posts

Latest posts