What's new

New guy with a few grow cabinet questions

VaporBros

do you have any updated pics of your cab? I am thinking about buying the same one but the quality looked a little cheap. Any pics of the weather striping?

messn'n'gommin'

ember
Veteran
I think there is a small misunderstanding. Light-proofing isn't meant to keep light in. It is meant to keep light out. While in flower, light leaks during the dark cycle often stress the plant causing them to hermie. Hope this helps to clarify things a bit.

Namaste, mess

Last edited:

hoosierdaddy

ICMag Donor
Veteran
Kelly, the secret to controlling temps, is controlling the air flow.
The first thing is to make your air system passive, and mount your fan at the exhaust.
Now, whatever size the hole of the exhaust is, the hole(s) of the intake needs to be at a minimum the same size as the exhaust hole(s). Much better if 10% or more larger on the intake openings.

The fan inside the cab will have very little to do with the temps, and can only rearrange, so to speak, the heat that is there. Only your intake and exhaust can give you the control you need to keep the temps down.

Now, if you find that you have done what I say, and still see high temps...then you need to do one or both of two things...
1) increase the size of the openings
2) increase the fan size and/or power rating

I highly suggest you take a few minutes and read some of my understanding air flow thread

kweb1989

extra late responce

extra late responce

i know this is a super late responce, but i need to post points too... i would seal all the inside edges with like bath tub caukin (caw-kin)<---lol or even like tape, glue.... As for the door, cardboard over lapping works nicely and is cheap.. also weather stripping is nice. If you just decide to cover the cab, just be careful not to obstruct airways too much... HEHE
:yeahthats:smoweed::party: