What's new

New growth coming out yellow

What is your experience level? (first timer, novice, experienced...)first timer

Your Equipment:
.1) Type and wattage of lights. (MH, HPS, CFL's, tube fluorescents, LED's)3 1000 watt cooled fixters with hybrid balbs 400mh 600 hps
.2) Distance from tops? 3 foot
.3) Reflector type? (cool tube set-up, bat wing, enclosed reflector, bare bulb...) yeald master2
.4) Is there a consistent fresh air supply?when heeting cooling heetpump terns on there is air coming in from not being seeld good anuff
.5) Do you have an exhaust fan and a circulation fan?exoust no circulation yes
.6) What are the bulb wattages, kelvin ratings, and schedule?400mh 600 hps 8on16off

Your medium:
.7) Specific brand and type of soil, (coco, peat based soilless...) and anything you've added to it. (vermiculite, perlite, worm castings...)pre nutes from manards
.8) Size of container.5 gallon buckets with lots of drainadge
.9) Did you use peat pucks (or similar) to root clones or germinate seedlings?
rapid rooters
Your nutrients and water:water 235ppm ph 8 stock nutes gh floranovagrow andbud
10) Source of water? (tap, bottled or filtered) What's it's ph before adjusting?tap 8
11) Method of checking water ph. (ph pen, test strips, aquarium test kit...)drops my pen keeps braking
12) Method of adjusting water ph. (phosphoric acid, white vinegar, hydrated lime, PH Up...)an down reel stong
13) Specific brand and N-P-K ratio for each bottle. List dosages (quantity per gallon) and current feeding schedule.gh floranova grow and bud
14) How often are you watering between feedings, and how much per watering?dry an inch or to below serface water till run off a little
15) Any additives or tea's? (Superthrive, CalMag, molasses, Mother's Earth...)
16) Are your ph levels stable, or do they fluctuate?stable i think
17) What is your ingoing water's ph? ...your runoff ph?
18) Do you foliar feed? If so, with what, how often, and at what time do you spray?no

Your growroom:
19) Indoors or outdoors?shed-
20) What size of closet, room or hut? veg 4*4*4 1/2 bud 6*12 *7 1/2
21) What are the temps and humidity levels while lights are on? ...With lights off?
22) Have you seen signs of insects in the growroom?fungi nats and spider mites

Your strain:
23) What strain are you growing? (Indica dominate or Sativa dom?)white widow bubblegum white rino nothern lights there mixt up thou
24) From seeds or clones?clone
25) Is this an autoflower strain?
no

this is my first grow so i need some asistance
5-6 days ago i tested my runoff of my 5gallon buckets the soil is pre nutsed from manards.
the plants are 2 months old aprox and now are 3 days into bud.
the runoff was 3000-4000 with ph7.5 so i flushed 350 ppm ph 6.3 untill runoff was 5?? ppm the next day they were yellowing so gave 450ppm3 cups as to not drown after flust and still yellowings geting worse:(

E

Encore

Pictures, would be very helpful.. But with out them all i can say is its been my experience that new growth often is slightly yellow for a bit and green up with age..

But as i said pictures sure would be helpful..

Edit: I dont see anything to be too alarmed about.. But i'm a soil guy atm, so as they say grain of salt and all..
Just keep an eye on them, also be careful with superthrive, i've killed more than 1 plant using that stuff.. KiSS method!!

Peace Out & Happy Holidays!!

Greensub

what are your temps? day/night? could it be really cold temps? I'd keep checking the run-off, but don't get too low.

Greensub

mine looked really similiar for awhile, not quite as bad, but I lowered ph & warmed up the room... I don't know which it was but it helped.

what are your temps? day/night? could it be really cold temps? I'd keep checking the run-off, but don't get too low.

At night the temps are 72 lights on usualy68 ambient and 80-83 under lights in bud room of 3 1000 watt vented hybrid balbs400mh and 600 hps

festivus

STAY TOASTY MY FRIENDS!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I had a similar issue when using CalMag. I use 1/2 the recommended dose of it and the bloom fert.

The yellowing is also similar to what happens in offgassing. Are you using a tent?

no its a shed i built from the ground up but ran out of money
i ajusted temps alittle 70-76 lights off and if ac is off it gets up to 85 under lights like 1 foot and 75 ambient when ac is on i can keep temps alot closer70 -75

i acualy saved someones crop they were useing cal-mag and they shouldent have becouse they were using tap water and overdoses show up as deficences

northstate

ICMag Donor
I think your ladies have a little too much moisture down in the root zone showing as an iron lock up from lack of O2 and your ph sounds very unstable. Ditch the superthrive and use molasses a few times but watch for OD when applying many things at once. Your plants look pretty healthy and I would back off the additives and get your in/out ph to be a solid 6.5 and your worries will fade away. Happy New Year NS

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
do you really have your lights to 8 on 16 off??? or did you type that wrong???

PoopyTeaBags

State Liscensed Care Giver/Patient, Assistant Trai
Veteran
can i ask why??? thats wierd its 16 on a 8 off or 12on 12 off orsomethign between... why such a wierd schedule??

youd have better luck leaving them in the dark for 24 hour and switching to 12 on 12 off then you would doing what you are doing...

24 hydro plants were stunted and trying to get some buds out of them 2 1/2 months 12/12 and no bud to litte ferts then to much i think invested evrything and trying to get something 1 way or anouth

Latest posts

Latest posts