What's new

New growers just chill and enjoy learning to grow.

Tri_Cho_Me

I think I'm pretty well good to go. Just need to get the light, carbon filter and seeds here.

Going to stop and pickup a calendar so I have something to keep track on. Will also be a good journal medium so I can look back and see water food schedules.

chomsky

I think I'm pretty well good to go. Just need to get the light, carbon filter and seeds here.

Going to stop and pickup a calendar so I have something to keep track on. Will also be a good journal medium so I can look back and see water food schedules.

All good ideas. I kept our journals for a long time handwritten in spiral notebooks. For me it helped me pay much closer attention to what I was doing on a daily basis for a long time. I don't typically look back on them but I think it's a great thing to do. Now that I've got my style of growing down for the size of my grows in the size of my room I've done it so many times it seems like I can almost do it from memory. My hope is that legal issues get resolved around the silly country of ours so I can be a master grower for somebody. I would love to grow a warehouse full of this wonderful plant.

Tri_Cho_Me

All good ideas. I kept our journals for a long time handwritten in spiral notebooks. For me it helped me pay much closer attention to what I was doing on a daily basis for a long time. I don't typically look back on them but I think it's a great thing to do. Now that I've got my style of growing down for the size of my grows in the size of my room I've done it so many times it seems like I can almost do it from memory. My hope is that legal issues get resolved around the silly country of ours so I can be a master grower for somebody. I would love to grow a warehouse full of this wonderful plant.

Me as well! Would love to be a leader on the industry in my area :)

chomsky

Again, I gotta re title this thread.

Remember to keep your seeds nice and warm to sprout em. If you don't have a seed warming mat, you can use a regular heating pad on low with a poiece of cardboard between the pad and the container with the paper towel and seeds... Not too hot keep em around 80-82 if possible...

Tri_Cho_Me

Again, I gotta re title this thread.

Remember to keep your seeds nice and warm to sprout em. If you don't have a seed warming mat, you can use a regular heating pad on low with a poiece of cardboard between the pad and the container with the paper towel and seeds... Not too hot keep em around 80-82 if possible...

I don't have a heating pad. Can I just move the light close until they show through the soil?

chomsky

I don't have a heating pad. Can I just move the light close until they show through the soil?

Well you definitely want them to germinate I the dark. I generally use the direct sew method planting directly in soil. I gave 100% germinating success. Make sure they are warm and dark.

chomsky

When they do pop, what light are you using to start them? A T5 flouresent or a 200watt CFL is perfect. You can get those pretty close and not worry about stretching too much. If you used The 450 W light if you have be careful not to burn em...

Tri_Cho_Me

When they do pop, what light are you using to start them? A T5 flouresent or a 200watt CFL is perfect. You can get those pretty close and not worry about stretching too much. If you used The 450 W light if you have be careful not to burn em...

I just have the one light. I'll be sure and keep it up pretty high when they pop out of the soil.

Lester Beans

Frequent Flyer
Veteran
Excellent thread! The best way to learn is start a grow diary. It is near impossible to have a crop fail with all the expert help here as long as you take advice. We are all glad to help!

Tri_Cho_Me

Excellent thread! The best way to learn is start a grow diary. It is near impossible to have a crop fail with all the expert help here as long as you take advice. We are all glad to help!

Thank you for the encouragement! Can't wait to hear your advice and thoughts :)

Tri_Cho_Me

chomsky

Yep. However, sometimes the best way to learn is to fail and learn from your mistakes. I'm not sure which I'd rather go through. Taking good advice and learning a craft with less fails or considering the good advice, doing my own way anyway failing and not making the same mistake again next time?

I think I'd rather do it right the first time and continue doing it right. Mistakes and learning will happen regardless due to all the variables of growing (different strains, lighting, nutrients etc.). However, I think there are some basics that should always be adhered to regardless of variables to make the process more successful and enjoyable.

RockinRobot

Yep. However, sometimes the best way to learn is to fail and learn from your mistakes. I'm not sure which I'd rather go through. Taking good advice and learning a craft with less fails or considering the good advice, doing my own way anyway failing and not making the same mistake again next time?

I think I'd rather do it right the first time and continue doing it right. Mistakes and learning will happen regardless due to all the variables of growing (different strains, lighting, nutrients etc.). However, I think there are some basics that should always be adhered to regardless of variables to make the process more successful and enjoyable.

Personally I believe in doing as much research as possible before you begin. You're going to make mistakes no matter what. Even veteran growers make mistakes.

I spent almost 2 months researching different grow methods and nutrients before I ever cracked a seed. And although I made plenty of mistakes I still yielded double my target number on my first grow. And I'm still learning and making mistakes.

Dblbogey

Simple question: My Fem Girl Scout Cookies are full of trichomes and white hairs but I'm certain the plant itself is not ready for harvest. Two plants. One has multiple branches due to pinching and the other is a singular main stem and some side branches.

The space between nodes on number 2 is at least 2-4 inches so the buds will be singular, no columns to speak of.

Can I harvest these buds one at a time now, rather than pull the entire plant later or cut it down? There is less and less leaf the further travel down to the bottom of the plant you go so there will never be a need to 'harvest'. Just these little white fluffy buds, maybe 20 or so. The top bud is looking good but should I wait even longer till the hairs begin to turn amber?

I knew this plant would never be large, so at the first opportunity I took a cutting a month ago and the clone is doing much much better than the mom, not quite as mature but at least is has multiple budding sites, and will finish nicely by end of October.

Take the top bud an dry it and cure it or wait?

Lamogio

Hey guys i see you talk about germinate and i have a question ..
I Had 2 seeds that i put in a glass of water about 10 days ago .. After 1-2 days i got them in paper towel and wait to germinate so i put them in soil but nothing ... I was waiting for about 4-5 days but nothing happened so yesterday i put them back to a glass with water .. What did i do wrong ?

Is it because i had them in the fridge for a long time before try to germinate them ?
Is it because the place where the water glass was not so dark ?

Thank you !

chomsky

There are certainly many different ways of germinating a seed. Personally I have never used the glass of water method. Most of the time I plant directly into soil if I'm using soil. If I'm using cocoa I use the paper towel method. Knock on wood, so far I have a 100% germination rate. If you are using soil my best recommendation is to use red solo cups poke a bunch of holes in the bottom. Fill the cup with whatever medium you're using and completely saturate it with properly ph'ed water say 6.5 ph. Let all of the water completely drain out then poke a hole in the soil in the middle of the cup to the first knuckle of your index finger. Drop the seed in and cover it loosely. Yes, the seeds should be in the dark and the soil should be around 80 degrees. A seed heating blanket is great. Once the seeds poke though the soil then you can use your light. As for the paper towel method I would let your seeds get to room temp then put them in the wet paper towel method, Keep it moist dark and warm. Once they pop very carefully remove from the towel being careful that the tap root hasn't attached to the fiber of the towel and then transplant into solo cup using the same method. Tap root down.

Last edited:

Dblbogey

Just got ten seeds from MaryJane and they have been in H20 at about 70-75 degrees, and then into papaer towel as she suggests for nearly 6 days. No sign of that white tail.

There are vendor seeds which refuse to germinate, I have had my share. My own seeds though always seem to sprout.

The seeding blanket or ambient temperature in a small grow tent set at 80 degrees should provide the best environment if the seed has rooting potential as are potting soil, water, or other neutral medium in the 6.5 range.

chomsky

Planting directly in soil I have never waited more than 4 or 5 days to see my seeds sprout. Same in towel with a seed heating blanket.

Latest posts

Latest posts