What's new

New Grower Needs Advice on Humidity

RockyMountainHi

I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with th
Veteran
Up here in the high and dry mountains - RH us udually 10-20% - and it's hard on little plants and clones.

I've tried using a humidifier - what a pain - and really didn't fix the problem - it helped though.

What does help is using a humidity dome and gradually weening the plants away. Once they develop the proper root structure for the moisture available - life gets better. That and plant density and volume.

A box with fuller vegatation will have a higher rH than a sparsly populated box.

As I set-up this grow - my temps were all over with just lights and no plants - RH was non-existant - now it's fuul as shit in there, temps are much more consistant and RH is in the 50-60% range. So the moral there is grow more, or keep tweekin, uhhh the grow that is.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
I would try using CFLs or fluoros next time when they're young. Did you have the temp sensor shaded from direct light? That really screwed up my readings until someone put me straight. It was doing things like reading cooler the closer you put it to the bulb. As soon as I shaded it, the readings made sense again.

Latest posts

Latest posts