What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

New Greenhouse and operational advice with employees

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Thanks to those who answered my questions. I have moved to the next phase in this project. Make it a great day everybody!

You never answered my question about dealing with pests in an operation this size? I am genuinely curious how you intend to prevent or eradicate any that get in? I would love a good answer.

This is one reason I do not like big cannabusiness. And it is a fine opportunity for you to share how you plan to sell weed free of comtaminates (mainly pesticides and fungicides) .

Thank you

jidoka

Ca drives growth vs N & K. Plenty of Mn and enough Cu and way more nutes than 99% ever imagined. End of that story

Anyways...congrats and good luck mang

Smith111

You never answered my question about dealing with pests in an operation this size? I am genuinely curious how you intend to prevent or eradicate any that get in? I would love a good answer.

This is one reason I do not like big cannabusiness. And it is a fine opportunity for you to share how you plan to sell weed free of comtaminates (mainly pesticides and fungicides) .

Thank you

Exactly what Jidoka said. Grow healthy plants and those problems disappear. Then:

Early detection
white board detection daily (method of bug ID)
IPM
beneficial bugs

Knowing what AG pesticides to use during heavy outbreaks, and what approved pesticides to use while farming beneficial's.

As for PM, keep the plants happy once again. High Ca to build up the cell walls. Retarded amounts of Boron to set those cell walls in mortar. Mn to Fe ratio 2:1 at end of flower, and keep that Cu up to keep out infections. Maintain up to harvest.

This is where AG professional's really come in handy. SlowNickel has elevated my growing by 10 fold. Hope to show the world soon.

Smith111

Ca drives growth vs N & K. Plenty of Mn and enough Cu and way more nutes than 99% ever imagined. End of that story

Anyways...congrats and good luck mang

Thanks brother! Hope to have you out some day to check things out if they ever get started. :tiphat:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Exactly what Jidoka said. Grow healthy plants and those problems disappear. Then:

Early detection
white board detection daily (method of bug ID)
IPM
beneficial bugs

Knowing what AG pesticides to use during heavy outbreaks, and what approved pesticides to use while farming beneficial's.

As for PM, keep the plants happy once again. High Ca to build up the cell walls. Retarded amounts of Boron to set those cell walls in mortar. Mn to Fe ratio 2:1 at end of flower, and keep that Cu up to keep out infections. Maintain up to harvest.

This is where AG professional's really come in handy. SlowNickel has elevated my growing by 10 fold. Hope to show the world soon.

I guess you make my point for me. I know all about cleanliness. Having a small grow for close to 20 years I have battled a number of things. Some self inflicted. Some from trading clones. A few times because I was paying more attention to other aspects of life and something made it past me.

Either way I know you like rules and stuff. Natures rules. Somerhing will eventually attack. Alot of pests are easy to eradicate in veg without going toxic. I will let you figure out what happens when they get away from you in a huge flower room. But then again you mention pesticides. Pay attention. Unless you intend to label every last bud with a list of what it has been sprayed with. You should not be in business. The reason small grows are safer for the public is we can afford to start over now and then. Once you are producing millions of dollars and a pest gets loose you have to choose to treat or destroy. Lol. I have came to the conclusion that people never starting over is why we have stronger pests and cheaper weed.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
Weed growers act like no one has ever grown anything quality on a large scale, its a good thing we have people like slownickel and jidoka around...

Smith111

Big Taco

You act like I haven't run acre size gardens before..... We were able to ID bugs, treat them, and have full harvests. Not sure where you are going with this, but maybe you can give a example of something to overcome, and I will explain how to treat that example.

Otherwise, plant health is everything.

Smith111

I guess you make my point for me. I know all about cleanliness. Having a small grow for close to 20 years I have battled a number of things. Some self inflicted. Some from trading clones. A few times because I was paying more attention to other aspects of life and something made it past me.

Either way I know you like rules and stuff. Natures rules. Somerhing will eventually attack. Alot of pests are easy to eradicate in veg without going toxic. I will let you figure out what happens when they get away from you in a huge flower room. But then again you mention pesticides. Pay attention. Unless you intend to label every last bud with a list of what it has been sprayed with. You should not be in business. The reason small grows are safer for the public is we can afford to start over now and then. Once you are producing millions of dollars and a pest gets loose you have to choose to treat or destroy. Lol. I have came to the conclusion that people never starting over is why we have stronger pests and cheaper weed.

You realize water is a pesticide/fungicide at times right?

I was of coarse referring to California approved organic pesticides used in the cannabis business. I thought that was obvious, since this is a licence facility.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
I guess I am not familiar with what California approves of. I feel the word organic had been wrecked. That's why I prefer nothing but water. I am aware there are several strategys. For me. There is no approved of anything to treat plants with after flowers form. I do not approve any systemics unless it is a means of saving genetics. If you can actually maintain a grow that size and water is the most toxic thing you are planning on using then I applaude you. If you are just calling it organic because the labeling allows for it. Then I would rather see consumer informed exactly what is in their product.

Smith111

I guess I am not familiar with what California approves of. I feel the word organic had been wrecked. That's why I prefer nothing but water. I am aware there are several strategys. For me. There is no approved of anything to treat plants with after flowers form. I do not approve any systemics unless it is a means of saving genetics. If you can actually maintain a grow that size and water is the most toxic thing you are planning on using then I applaude you. If you are just calling it organic because the labeling allows for it. Then I would rather see consumer informed exactly what is in their product.

You seem like you are not familiar with a lot of things concerning growing cannabis, let alone what California approves of. This thread might not be for you. :tiphat: Lots of organic threads where people like to get into pissing matches about what's organic or not. Please find one of those threads.

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
You seem like you are not familiar with a lot of things concerning growing cannabis, let alone what California approves of. This thread might not be for you. :tiphat: Lots of organic threads where people like to get into pissing matches about what's organic or not. Please find one of those threads.

I understand your point.

Here is mine!

I do not approve of anything being sprayed or used to treat pests on cannabis. Neither do the majority of consumers. All I did here was got you to acknowledge that yes in fact using some "approved" pesticide is part of your back up plan. It is because you are too big. I want the public to grasp this. I want the public to demand the removal of large coorperate type grows.

Thanks for helping my point. Choosing money over untreated product is something every consumer deserves to know about.

What was the name of your company sir?

CrushnYuba

Wow. This thread is so dead. Its just a bunch of people attacking Smith because they are scared that the cannabis industry "progressed" past hobby growing.
I don't know Smith and he might be s giant douche bag, but i do know that i think it's sad the way people reacted to someone asking for commercial cannabis advice. Also, i think it's sad that icmag cant offer solutions. This site used to be pretty advanced but as growing came out of the closet, this site did not come out with it. I'm not stoked about the direction weed production has taken, but it already happened. This is how Our nations cannabis it's being produced. it's sad that there is little to no large scale cultivation techniques or infrastructure information being shared here. I can get more relevant help from neighbors then i can an international forum.
The outdoor and greenhouse section is especially sad. Everyone on there are mostly gorilla growers and people cultivating in regions inhospitable to cannabis production (i do admire this though). But i guess it makes sense. Those of is in cannabis producing regions have a live community.

I'm not defending how the cannabis industry has become. I am not putting anyone here down at all. I just made an observation. I have noticed this site is less trafficked then ever and I'm dissapointed that as growers progressed they left this site.

Dankwolf

I understand your point.

Here is mine!

I do not approve of anything being sprayed or used to treat pests on cannabis. Neither do the majority of consumers. All I did here was got you to acknowledge that yes in fact using some "approved" pesticide is part of your back up plan. It is because you are too big. I want the public to grasp this. I want the public to demand the removal of large coorperate type grows.

Thanks for helping my point. Choosing money over untreated product is something every consumer deserves to know about.

:tiphat: the public deservs to be informed . I am 100% organic and I am offended by larger grows/ commercial using the next loop hole in the system to offer certified organic / uncertifed replacements . . if its gmo , synthetic or unspecified its likely going to have long term,issues for the end user (not coil to say the least.

People beware of of regulations , rights and your health .
Asbestos was a safe product (right). Agent Orange 2as,safe to handle for,are vets in nam right ( not funny) . now how are the handelers of AO doing . I will save you the time not well .

This is not to say all new is bad . all I am saying some people care and some don't . :tiphat:

Last edited:

Dankwolf

Wow. This thread is so dead. Its just a bunch of people attacking Smith because they are scared that the cannabis industry "progressed" past hobby growing.
I don't know Smith and he might be s giant douche bag, but i do know that i think it's sad the way people reacted to someone asking for commercial cannabis advice. Also, i think it's sad that icmag cant offer solutions. This site used to be pretty advanced but as growing came out of the closet, this site did not come out with it. I'm not stoked about the direction weed production has taken, but it already happened. This is how Our nations cannabis it's being produced. it's sad that there is little to no large scale cultivation techniques or infrastructure information being shared here. I can get more relevant help from neighbors then i can an international forum.
The outdoor and greenhouse section is especially sad. Everyone on there are mostly gorilla growers and people cultivating in regions inhospitable to cannabis production (i do admire this though). But i guess it makes sense. Those of is in cannabis producing regions have a live community.

I'm not defending how the cannabis industry has become. I am not putting anyone here down at all. I just made an observation. I have noticed this site is less trafficked then ever and I'm dissapointed that as growers progressed they left this site.

Vary well put .......:tiphat:

Could,not have said it better.

CrushnYuba

:tiphat: the public deservs to be informed . I am 100% organic and I am offended by larger grows/ commercial using the next loop hole in the system to offer certified organic / uncertifed replacements . . if its gmo , synthetic or unspecified its likely going to have long term,issues for the end user (not coil to say the least.

People beware of of regulations , rights and your health .
Asbestos was a safe product (right). Agent Orange 2as,safe to handle for,are vets in nam right ( not funny) . now how are the handelers of AO doing . I will save you the time not well .

This is not to say all new is bad . all I am saying some people care and some don't . :tiphat:

Except there it's no omri certification for weed that i have ever heard of. A giant grow can make the same unsupported claims as you can without some type of certification to prove either of you are being honest about it. Only Smith does need to prove it and taco doesn't.
this year the game changed in California. Boutique growers can't even sell to clubs. Only licenced commercial growers can sell to clubs. So even if a patient wanted to walk into a store front and only buy weed grown by a little guy like taco farmer, they could not. They would be forced to buy off the street to get that. Also, the lab testing and enforcement put on California legal cannabis is insane. I guarantee Smith will not be using dangerous pesticides. I mean, there are pesticides that aren't even sold here that are sold in every other state like avid, forbid, eagle 20. Our lab testing and tracking for legal cannabis being grown is so strict, people are more safe smoking smiths product then guys like big tacos.

This it's just the nature our the beast. Taco should take it up with the state and voters. Not with Smith.

Ibechillin

Masochist Educator
In Washington as of the first of 2019 they will be offering an organic certification for cannabis through the WSDA. I guess the problem arises from the term "organic" being controlled at the federal level, Washington plans to bypass this by simply calling the products "certified" by WSDA instead of "organic".

The packaging and labeling laws in WA currently require a "Statement that discloses all pesticides applied to the marijuana plants and growing medium during production and processing."

Concentrates need pesticide labeling above as well as: "If solvents were used, statement that discloses the type of extraction method, including any solvents, gases, or other chemicals or compounds used to produce or that are added to the extract."

Link To Current WA Cannabis Packaging/Labeling Laws:

https://apps.leg.wa.gov/wac/default.aspx?cite=314-55-105

Oddly The new WA labeling laws for 2019 do not seem to require pesticide information displayed on the packaging anymore, but simply needs to be made available to the customer (out of sight out of mind/make it take effort to find the information so people ignore it all together...).

The New WA Packaging And Labeling Laws For 2019 Say:

"A producer or processor may provide this information through an internet link, web address, or QR code on the product label so long as the information particular to that product is maintained and accessible to a consumer for as long as the product is available for sale at retail."

From what ive found it doesnt seem like California packaging/labeling laws require disclosure of pesticides used.

This year the game changed in California. Boutique growers can't even sell to clubs. Only licenced commercial growers can sell to clubs. Also, the lab testing and enforcement put on California legal cannabis is insane. I guarantee Smith will not be using dangerous pesticides. I mean, there are pesticides that aren't even sold here that are sold in every other state like avid, forbid, eagle 20. Our lab testing and tracking for legal cannabis being grown is so strict, people are more safe smoking smiths product then guys like big tacos.

I was being lazy earlier and didnt want to write all that out to bigtacofarmer thismorning lol. My thoughts exactly, California is probably the most health conscious state in the USA as well as one of the largest agriculture producers.

Last edited:

bigtacofarmer

Veteran
Except there it's no omri certification for weed that i have ever heard of. A giant grow can make the same unsupported claims as you can without some type of certification to prove either of you are being honest about it. Only Smith does need to prove it and taco doesn't.
this year the game changed in California. Boutique growers can't even sell to clubs. Only licenced commercial growers can sell to clubs. So even if a patient wanted to walk into a store front and only buy weed grown by a little guy like taco farmer, they could not. They would be forced to buy off the street to get that. Also, the lab testing and enforcement put on California legal cannabis is insane. I guarantee Smith will not be using dangerous pesticides. I mean, there are pesticides that aren't even sold here that are sold in every other state like avid, forbid, eagle 20. Our lab testing and tracking for legal cannabis being grown is so strict, people are more safe smoking smiths product then guys like big tacos.

This it's just the nature our the beast. Taco should take it up with the state and voters. Not with Smith.

This is good to know. I still think if farms kept there overhead small enough to just never treat with anything it would be better. More small farms employing more local people that spend paychecks at local businesses. It makes more sense in every way. I know there are a lot of different reasons but I think one of the reasons herb has got so cheap in alot of places is nobody (most people) never sacrifices a dollar let alone a crop. A total clean up and never treating a flower is just a better way.

I throw the word organic around. So many adjustments have been made to the word I guess I mean biological or primitive.

Not trying to be an ass. But I do feel strongly about the subject. So I doubt I can totally stop being an ass.

Smith111

I understand your point.

Here is mine!

What a little douche bag you are. I have been certified organic for longer than you have been growing. Your assumptions couldn't be more juvenile. In your pathetic little mind, you think the home grower with nobody looking over there shoulder will produce cleaner herb than certified organic growers? This just shows how ignorant you are.

Organic growers must not spray any chemicals, feed with chemicals. I get my soil tested for sulfates, I get my herb tested for THC, terps, pesticides, fungicides and are tested at the parts per billion. When you receive a product from my farm in the store, you will receive all this information put strait onto the packaging. This label will show THC levels, terp profiles, and levels of contaminants. On top of this, SClabs and others are starting programs where you can track a farm, and how clean all their meds have been over years.

When people get a bag of your herb, all they get is a bag of weed and no idea on how it was grown. If you told them how it was grown, people would just have to trust you. As you don't have testing done, you don't have a history of how your testing has performed in the past.

Then take into consideration all the things that larger farms can do, that you have never done in your tent grows. Consistent soil testing, tissue testing, sap testing. Like I stated when you first asked, plant health is everything. People growing in tents think that because their plant is green, they are doing a good job. When in reality, a healthy plant doesn't get bugs or PM to begin with. That is where tissue and sap testing comes in big.

Smith111

Yea, it's painfully obvious ICmag is dead when it comes to sharing knowledge. The mods ran off anybody of value, IMO. I know about 20 people in real life that I met through ICmag, and not a single one still uses the site.

As for being a douche, you would have to get to know me in person. I just don't react well to the same troll mother fuckers saying the same shit for the last 10 years. I hope they can see that all bitching does is keep them in the same spot for years, then they are forced to hate on anybody that might make it. Hence Taco's argument about large farms not being able to produce quality meds. Ignorant.

If you are looking for a forum of some value, PM me. It's like what ICmag was in 2004 for the illegal grower with some small tweaks. Instead of how to grow large plants outdoors, or guerrilla type of threads, they are threads about how to run large operations, how to keep costs down, accountants, banking, ext ext. Much more helpful than this thread has been. :tiphat:

Once again, this project has moved to the next phase. Thanks to all that helped. :tiphat: