What's new

Giveaway New giveaway for new year's new light trend talk

Mars Hydro Led

Grow on Earth Grow with Mars
Vendor
(5?) Since I think the demand will be moved to bigger grows, lower costs will matter more and more in the future. You should deploy a modular type of system on the comercial units, where each unit also has a power output for next unit, and you can put 4 or 5 of them in line on same outlet, for better organisatiom of growspace and lower costs. A cheap fusible breaker could then be used to make sure users don't piggieback too many units off same circuit.
Anyway, #5!

This is too technical, i will transfer it to engineer. :laughing:

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
#6 - on the bigger lamps i would like to see different spectrums.
  • 4 bars more into the blue, 4 bars more into the red spectrum
  • every 4 bars are controllable by themselves (on/off/dimming)
    Just as an example on an 8 bar lamp

In this way, the spectrum could be perfectly controlled. The grow will become more interesting. :D

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
#8 - a controller and/or app extension to control the lamps as an option
  • addable to one lamp in a connected cluster to control all the connected lamps
  • maybe i want to start with 50% power for an hour, then go up to 100% for 9 and back to 50% for the rest 2 hours for example
  • timing the extension kits when to start
  • humidity and temperature sensors
  • maybe 2 slots to add another temp or humidity sensor between the plants

Our master controller has most of the functions you mentioned.
check it out here: https://www.mars-hydro.com/all-products/master-controller-for-led-grow-light

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Rather than every panel having far red suplement with seperate driver, a better solution to that is having supplemental light bars that can be either hang individually or clipped on the varios ligh bar type lights. Doesn't need to be dimable, just switches for 1 or more spectrums those light bars might have.
Evolving onto my no. 5, for comercial market you could make intermediary units for suplementing various spectrums, that can be added on same piggyback system and powered on from nearby lamps.

Yes, we are considering to add the supplemental light bars. do you think which one is better? separated IR and UV, or mixed in one bar.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
You can buy IEC power cable splitters, that go from 1 female, to 2 males. These should be optional extras. The female should have a 100mm lead to one male, and 1200mm lead to the other. The idea, is daisy-chaining lights using leads. Just as the dimming is daisy chained.
The alternative is a power outlet on each light. However, people will melt them. Any use of an IEC over 3 amps will melt them as they come loose or corrode. I have been doing this too long to give out kit like that. However, if they melt a separate lead, it's just a lead. They can swap that. They have no need to lie about how many lights they strung together for a warranty claim.

Every little helps. Here, it's just showing people how to do it.

We did the alternative for the old purple lights before. For the new bar design light, it might be very difficult to add this?

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
People like remote ballasts. More option extra cables should be offered. Giving a bit more flexibility for people to meet their design criteria

Yes, that sounds cool. but now, maybe there is no supplier offer remote ballast.
Your ideas don't have number. did you just want to share your idea and didn't want to join in giveaway?

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Do you still sell the 100w cobs? Perhaps a folding frame that places them apart and offers a single hanging point would help HID growers come over. Something that can go on a light rail. Having them cobs is quite flexible, and packs fairly well. No wiring, just plugs.

Should aid connection.

We have stopped producing the 100W COBs for many years.

Mars Hydro Led

Vendor
Hey guys, pls follow the rules if you want to join in this giveaway. :headbange

Rules:
1) Tell us your own idea or summarize latest news from internet about LED grow light trend or tech.
2) Your idea or news shall be related with light spectrum, design, chips, etc.
3) Each of your opinion or news will get a number, everyone follow up the order #1,#2,#3...(If you're the first one to write opinion,pls write the number #1 after the opinion, others follow up the order #2, #3...)
4) Everyone can share multiple opinions or summary news but No offence & No violence
5) Each idea should be in a separated post.
6) Cannot copy and paste others' words.

Alpenglow

We are doing on this. Do you think which one is better? separated UV and IR bar or mixed?

IR should stay on the normal bars and run the whole light cycle with them. The only thing i use UV is to trigger autumn faster at the end of a grow when i start to reduce the hours per day after halftime of the flowering cycle before i turn them off the last 2 weeks. UV LED´s are a tricky thing where you should know your strain and your light exactly.
Im more into manipulating plants with the light than getting more % of whatever out of them.
Far Red penetrates the leaves more in my opinion and is the better way to manipulate plants than UV LED´s.
I use far-red more in veg than later in the grow. Keeping the panel as low as possible and getting the lower branches up to the light through the extra far-red.
If they seem to get stressed from the light i reduce the light cycle.

How long will your UV bars run before they lose output? Usually, UV-B Led´s are expensive lil suckers and dont last long, any changes i missed on that?

Last edited:

exploziv

pure dynamite
Administrator
Veteran
Yes, we are considering to add the supplemental light bars. do you think which one is better? separated IR and UV, or mixed in one bar.

I think I told you before, but I would go with both in one bar, with seperate switches. But pro units might be more in demand than small supplemental lights. No dimming, just goes on when other mars hydro lights in the room are turned on, and lights one or both of spectum or none depending on switches positions. If I was to chose just one, probably be should be done first.
#no number, as it was a doubled number with other user.

Last edited: