What's new

New forum

Maybe there should be a "New forum" for people who are interested in growing and showing there techniques for growing "Medical grade" cannabis. That is a forum without the "bickering' of what is best for people to consume. People who prefer the the chemical approach of using poisons that are in no way meant to be used on cannabis can use the regular forums and a separate forum (or threads) for people who know the truth about the poisons being ingested by unsuspecting cannabis users especially for medical reasons. Most of the chemicals being suggested and the rates of applications should not be considered for cannabis (Trans laminars) and (systemics) especially.Just a thought. People could keep to there own camps on this very important issue.Thanks for reading.:thank you::groupwave::trampoline:

Snype

Veteran
This site doesnt care about poisons. They dont want to have more babysitting to do. Say anything bad about poisons and the idiots come out.

I'm affraid your rite

I'm affraid your rite

This site doesnt care about poisons. They dont want to have more babysitting to do. Say anything bad about poisons and the idiots come out.

So sad to see a great plant with medical value put on a "Big pharma" schedule.... (Greed).

Bud Green

I dig dirt
Veteran
I know what ya mean, Some Old Dude.
I too, would like to see a sub forum for people who grow outdoors, using only the raw materials that nature has given them for raising their gardens of veggies and herbs...I admit, yeah, I've bought peat moss at the store, and I buy bales of straw from the local co-op, but all my fertilizers come from compost i make with the rotting stuff in my woods and the manure I collect from my neighbors farms....
I'm an old dude too, and learned about gardening from my Dad, who grew the best flowerbeds in the neighborhood..He was an "organic gardener" but I never heard him use that term.

Ah ,...

Ah ,...

P.S.- Maybe if you come up with a better title than 'new forum', you can attract other like-minded, illiterate snobs.
ah, your prolly a good dude when that d*** isn't up your ***.Peace bro.:tiphat:

Spelling police (favorite righty tactic)...lol, calling me a "snob",,,hahahahahahahaha

surfguitar

I think we're in a dangerous situation currently as there is very little regulation and so many grow products coming from china marketed at cannabis cultivators. I heard yesterday on NPR that they tested cannabis in dispensaries and most of it is infested with mold and bugs.

How can something be medicine if it is filled with carcinogens and heavy metals? I don't really get it, they should at the very least have some sort of mold and heavy metal test regulation.

WelderDan

Veteran
You want a forum with no bickering? That won't happen. Ever. Even among like minded people there will be differences of opinion, and the bickering will commence. Then there is the intentional trolling. Sorry, but it's a cold hard fact.

Yup,

Yup,

I think we're in a dangerous situation currently as there is very little regulation and so many grow products coming from china marketed at cannabis cultivators. I heard yesterday on NPR that they tested cannabis in dispensaries and most of it is infested with mold and bugs.

How can something be medicine if it is filled with carcinogens and heavy metals? I don't really get it, they should at the very least have some sort of mold and heavy metal test regulation.

It's unfortunate. There should be some minimal standards. People need to realize that the products they are using on cannabis because it states that it can be used on fruits and vegetables is irresponsible at best and probably criminal. Knowingly poisoning people. And like you stated it just gets worse from there. If your "Some old dude " like me you know that people put profit in front of safety.(I have witnessed it first hand by commercial grows) Maybe even a new website focused on "Medical grade cannabis".I do believe the conversation has started and will not be silenced by a few sub humans who are the type that see people as "suckers" or a cost of there business by not disclosing what chems they use. Sound familiar..? it's the Big Pharma,Big oil, Big pollution, business model.All the best everyone, I have said what needs to be said. It's up to us all.

Dynamite

People need to realize that the products they are using on cannabis because it states that it can be used on fruits and vegetables is irresponsible at best and probably criminal. Knowingly poisoning people.

I have used the "nukes" ,and I provide meds to med patients , but when you grow "clones" and not from seed because you enjoy highend genetics , sometimes the evil avid , eagle20 , and floromite are needed .. but you figure 6 weeks of veg and 10weeks of bloom after any such chemicals were used , no worries .. and they only get used on verified "dirty" freshly rooted clones ,not for any type of maintenance regime like some do (which i do not agree with) .. and only once before they come out of a quarantine area if such chem's were needed

I feel everything has it's time and place , and when neem,and sulfur burns , and mite wash , and various "natural" options have been exhausted without a cure, I feel Im doing whats necessary,and being responsible about it ..

Please feel free to show me where with the proper responsible application this could be a problem . Im open to any studies or tests proving in the manner I have used these chemicals that I possibly can , or could of hurt someone ..

I can only assume the debate is over the stated types of fungicides and pesticides

and please don't come at me like I'm some sort of bad person without facts , just asking to be educated if you have the info

I fully understand that many "greedy" growers would rather use these harsh chemicals then start a grow over , that's not me , only freshly rooted clones , and more times then not the plant in question would be vegged and then cloned , then those clones used

Snype

Veteran
Maybe there should be a "New forum" for people who are interested in growing and showing there techniques for growing "Medical grade" cannabis. That is a forum without the "bickering' of what is best for people to consume. People who prefer the the chemical approach of using poisons that are in no way meant to be used on cannabis can use the regular forums and a separate forum (or threads) for people who know the truth about the poisons being ingested by unsuspecting cannabis users especially for medical reasons. Most of the chemicals being suggested and the rates of applications should not be considered for cannabis (Trans laminars) and (systemics) especially.Just a thought. People could keep to there own camps on this very important issue.Thanks for reading.:thank you::groupwave::trampoline:
See I told you the idiots will come out. The best thing for you to do is to create a private invite only social group. That's what I did! No members yet though but I like it that way.

B.Y.T.C.H.
This group is for growers who grow the finest without the use of pesticides, hormones, PGR's and dangerous chemicals to humans. We take special pride in our work to give patients the best medication possible. We don't cut corners and never complain about the work we do and quality is our main focus! This group is invite only. If you think that you qualify for this group, you are welcome to PM Snype. If you don't have great pictures and details, it may be too early for you to try and join this group.

Jellyfish

Invertebrata Inebriata
Veteran
winner@420giveaway
ah, your prolly a good dude when that d*** isn't up your ***.Peace bro.:tiphat:

How very passive aggressive of you.

Spelling police (favorite righty tactic)...lol, calling me a "snob",,,hahahahahahahaha

Righty? WTF?

When you refer to people who use anything but organic as "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People who prefer the the chemical approach of using poisons[/FONT]", then yeah, I'd call that snobby. And then you want a forum without bickering.

Kind of stacking the deck, I'd say. But have fun, I'm out.:tiphat:

supermanlives

Veteran
I gave up on preaching about what makes medical grade smoke. most folks don't care.thank god I smoke my own 99% of the time. lots a systemic crap in peeps smoke but not mine.

Wiggs Dannyboy

Last Laugh Foundation
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The best thing for you to do is to create a private invite only social group.

Best idea. You would be controlling membership. This still wouldn't get around the occasional disagreements, but it's the closest you're going to get to what you want.

Stoner4Life

Medicinal Advocate
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How very passive aggressive of you.

Righty? WTF?

When you refer to people who use anything but organic as "[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]People who prefer the the chemical approach of using poisons[/FONT]", then yeah, I'd call that snobby. And then you want a forum without bickering.

Kind of stacking the deck, I'd say. But have fun, I'm out.:tiphat:

the fuse was lit long ago, fun to sit back n' watch this one implode on itself pronto.......

Hank Hemp

Veteran
I grow as organic as possible but I won't let a crop be devoured by pest. I'll use a organic pest control like spinsad or soap. But that's not organic, hey.

O

OGShaman

Despite his more controversial standpoints, I always found that H3ad had a really good stance on organic vs. "chem" and I would refer you to some of his articles if you are confused on the subject. The basic premise is that it all comes down to NPK no matter how you get there. Weather it comes in a bottle or is converted from organics by bugs. Responsible hydro farmers avoid things like pesticides and untested (or unresolved) PGRs, and it doesn't mean that they care less about their product than people that grow in soil.

To me - Each has it's place. No doubt organic soil belongs under the sun, and I don't want dirt in my house.

Old Dude and Snype,

I would love a forum dedicated to a responsible approach to growing. I hope you guys continue this idea! I would love to contribute too.

:tiphat:

To the other folks who feel it necessary to use poisons to "save" a crop:

I understand where you are coming from! It is a terrible thing to lose a crop, and I'll be the first to admit that I have lost crops and that I've saved them with toxic chemicals. But that was many years ago when I was dumb and uneducated.

It is possible to grow high-quality cannabis without using these harmful products. I've been doing it for over a decade now, and haven't lost a crop yet. Educate yourselves and find what is causing the problem in the first place. If you have powdery mildew showing up on a regular basis, then there is something wrong with how your plants are being treated. Even if a plant has systemic PM, the fungi will not gain a foothold in your garden if it is not given favorable conditions. Same with bugs.

There are tons of safe products out there that will solve any bug or mold problem, but the best approach by far is preventative.

How lucky are we that folks like Snype spend countless hours providing us all with their years of hard-earned answers? We don't have to run the experiments, or go through all the work it takes to learn a single fact. We get to just read the answers that somebody else broke their back to get for us. I am new to this forum, and I'm shocked at how much s**t these guys get on here, when they are the reason we are all here. My suggestion is, instead of arguing with the experts, learn from them, and become one yourself. If you need to rely on harmful chemicals to get a crop out, then it's time to hit the books. (or the forums) :)