What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

new england growers:regional info part 2

Deft

Get two birds stoned at once
Veteran
Quick question since no one is answering my thread, how old should plants be to sex and put them back in veg before going outside? I'd like them to be outside by mid/late may. Strain is durban from Dutch passion.

deft, if you sex your pants and put them back in veg, you have a higher chance of hermies (male and female sex parts)
plants need to have preflowers before you can judge what they are, which is gonna be about 6 nodes (nodes are the stems and leaves branching off your main branch) which will be around a month, give or take (at least for me)
if you want to sex them before you plant them in mid-late may, id germinate inside right now...if your desperate to know, you can sex one node by covering it with a paper bag and set it to 12/12 while the other is still on 18/6 or whatever your using
i personally have 12 plants around 3 1/2 weeks old, waiting to sex them, and hopefully putting them outside in around 1 1/2 - 2 weeks

Deft

Veteran
Yea so start right away it is! I just started 4 durban x skunk1 about 5 minutes ago that will go outside unsexed in MA. I'll start the NH batch of 6 tomorrow once I can get some pots and a few other things. Thanks for the info on what your doing, it helps. I've taken botany in college and work at a garden center so at least i'm not a total noob to growing lol.

wtf, it just snowed up here in maine, god damit all, :badday: but oh well, i guess i just need to be patient with the weather, but sometimes it can really get on my nerves........

G

GriffinTree said:
wtf, it just snowed up here in maine, god damit all, :badday: but oh well, i guess i just need to be patient with the weather, but sometimes it can really get on my nerves........

if you are in maine why bother outdoors? isnt 99 plants a misdemeanor?
which really makes me think, why arent people growing massive amounts in maine instead of bringing it over the border?

today in southern new england we are expecting snow :badday:

the past few days have been beautiful though,mostly in the 50's & 60's.

still need to get motivated and germ my beans. but i have an issue. my grow spot is an hour and a half from my house. how does one go about transporting small plants. no bigger than 6-8 inches?

wuclangtan said:
if you are in maine why bother outdoors? isnt 99 plants a misdemeanor?

yes this is true 99 plants in a misdemeanor, whch is really really great, and i love it here! its hard to get caught cause theres so much forest and i have NEVER seen a helicopter flyin around, its really chill here, and the reason i bother witht the outdoors is because i love to outdoors and working in it, nothing can beat it. :joint:

Last edited:

paq

wu, there is a pretty simple method for transporting plants. Take a 2 or 3 liter soda bottle, cut off the top. Then cut a straight line from top to bottom. While holding the leaves up slowly slide the bottle up from the soil to the plant so that the 2 or 3 liter bottle can wrap around it, Now tape the soda bottle to the soil container and you have a plastic wrapped transportable plant. Hope this helps! :wave:

peaceful growing.......

G

paq said:
wu, there is a pretty simple method for transporting plants. Take a 2 or 3 liter soda bottle, cut off the top. Then cut a straight line from top to bottom. While holding the leaves up slowly slide the bottle up from the soil to the plant so that the 2 or 3 liter bottle can wrap around it, Now tape the soda bottle to the soil container and you have a plastic wrapped transportable plant. Hope this helps! :wave:

peaceful growing.......

ok, now how do i go about transporting 100 or more? should i rent a pepsi truck??j/k thanks for the help

supermanlives

Veteran
theres plenty o growers in maine and quite a few busts too.indoors and out.if you get caught with 99 mature plants dont think they wont send your ass up the river . all in all maine is kicked back tho. only downside there is short growing season and bugs comparable with alaska. north maine woods rules . big hi to jay johnson in portland. currently on vacation picking up some new seeds and such. got to love sandiego

G

supermanlives said:
theres plenty o growers in maine and quite a few busts too.indoors and out.if you get caught with 99 mature plants dont think they wont send your ass up the river . all in all maine is kicked back tho. only downside there is short growing season and bugs comparable with alaska. north maine woods rules . big hi to jay johnson in portland. currently on vacation picking up some new seeds and such. got to love sandiego

i definately would give out someones full name and the town they live in. :nono:

Deft

Veteran
Wow wtf? It snowed last night, at least it didnt stick to the roads.

supermanlives

Veteran
jay dont grow or smoke . no worries. but that mofo knows how to pick a good grow spot and puts ya right on the remote fish streams. duh davedidntfalloffturniptruck. ps see ya soon jay. anyone know the temp in the fl keys .? haha lighten up folks i didnt sprout my first seed yesterday LOL

Last edited:
G

ramero420 said:
whats up everyone? i live in new england, on the northshore of mass. i have grown outside before but i have never really put a whole lot into it and the results have never looked anything like what i have seen in some pics on this site and others. just wondering about any advice experienced growers in my area would have for my crops this year. any advice at all.
watch out for copters - it's been stepped up recently. be VERY careful.

Last edited:

Deft

Veteran
Yea my seeds are starting to sprout after just 20 hours, two have root tips out and the rest are cracking and getting larger! Shite I have to get some soil ready! God I'm so excited!

G

i would have changed it, but he said no worries.with that being said. fuck off, no negative vibes in this thread.

happy spring

G

chill out deft, all in good fun.look at stoneys avatar. bikes man, bikes.......

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Good to see some old friends here!
This yr I'm concentrating on making a seed crop from the 34 Purple Peace beans I bred last yr. They were the best strain I've grown outdoors, very little mold. Great taste and a sweet high. Hope to get this strain established in N.E. over the next few yrs. Plan on popping them the 25th. 27th is the new moon, perfect for when they push thru the soil. (if you buy planting by lunar cycles, lol!)

Highlighter

ring that bell
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Purple Peace is a strain from Holland done by Green Ambassador. He's been working w/ it for 10-12 yrs and it's a cross of Viking and a Nepalese sativa. The Viking is an old school dutch outdoor strain that's been in circulation for 20+ yrs, and the Nepalese has been grown outdoors there for just as long.
Finished by the end of Sept. for me in S N.E. I only had 3 beans and all were girls.
One started flowering as soon as it went outside, then switched back to a veg state.
A fellow OGer sent me some PP pollen, and I doused this freak. The other 2 grew normally, unpollenated. I'm hoping there are some early genetic traits to this one and will be doing some selective breeding over the next few yrs.
Locally, we call it Muffin cause it smells just like a blueberry muffin!

Last edited: