What's new

New Earths right around the corner?

Space Toker

Veteran
yes Feyd I think so, we would be very wierd to aliens and they would be very weird to us, but hopefully if we ever meet we can find common ground. I am a little pessimistic about that, look how we treat people here even for just being a little different or color of skin, let alone major philosophical differences. But you never know, we seem to be making advances while also taking steps back in the freedom arena.

And thanks igrowone! It is nice to hear about the Higgs Boson and dark matter detection and all, but when will they ever reveal info about all those Kepler "candidates"? And why is extrasolar encylopaedia still stuck at 861 planets for the longest time?

igrowone

Veteran
haven't kept up with the Kepler findings, you sound better informed
but sounds like no news for the moment, not sure why the result catalog would stop like that

Dingofriar

I'll be happy to just see mining companies harvesting locally around our own system within the asteroid belt in our life time. Also, can you imaging what a SOG would look like with little or zero gravity? I would have to grow some galactic smoke just from the isolation alone.
:abduct:

Space Toker

Veteran
yeah Igrowone, we had news today! I would expect a far bigger haul than that, but it is a start! Ding, I am with you on that man!