What's new

New DWC first attempt 12 days flipped

Thanks goes out to Freezer Boy for the advice. I threw an air pump and changed from a 5 gallon to a 15 gallon tote. First try at DWC.
Vegged under 512 watts of t8 on 24/0 for 5 weeks.
Just finally starting to stretch. Ive removed bags of leaves its so bushy.
It was 14 inches tall and 32 inches wide. 12 days later its 23 inches high and 46 inches wide.
I have 5 blue berry f2s in theres as well. The tent is 4.5x4.5x7
I think itll fill the whole tent completely. Currently using lucas at 800 ppm and shes drinking 1.5 gallons per day.
STOKED.
Any comments would be appreciated. Thank you IC :)

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Wow, nice work!! That's a straight up monster.....Gotta love that rapid dwc growth...

Keep up the good work !!

Tagged..

Hey thanks Aerohead. Ill be back regularly for updates. Super growth. The soil BB in the corners are 1 week younger. Look at the difference! haha. I wont touch soil ever again unless its outside.

Forgot to mention:
Shes a random 4 year old bagseed from seed. Her and 5 18 inch BB girls are all chilling under a 1000 sodium. Temps are low 80s (80-83) and rez temps 15 mins before lights out at 20.2 C (approx 67-68 Farenheit)

Running a 430 cfm fan with a can 50 filter.
50 watts square foot. Light is approx 28 inches above at the moment.

jm420

Veteran
Looks nice and healthy,Two Tokes,Gotta love Lucas and DWC You might want to look into Liquid Kool bloom.I swear by it in flower.It definately makes a diffrence

You lucky bastard... Im coming into harvest after 4 months and getting around an oz (problems, first grow, etc) looks like you've got ten times that in immature bud already!

Last edited:
@StonedWarrior
Lucky yes, constantly stoned.... yes lol. When I was a punk kid sometime around 11+ years ago I stumbled upon OverGrow. I lurked and began reading, and reading is what Ive done ever since. Theres not so much trial and 'error' that way. Seriously. We have the most amazing resource right here at IC, much like OG this place is full of information.

I was conned originally into buying a sort of poor mans waterfarm set up in a 5 gallon bucket from the local hydro shop guy. 30 bucks ;net pot, hydroton, bucket and water pump.
Pump ran constantly and the growth was much faster than soil.
Eventually FreezerBoy talked me into moving to a tote and adding an airstone and take away the water pump.
That was a few weeks back. Trying lucas as well for the first time.
This shit is cake brother. StonedWarrior go lucas with a tote aquarium pump and lucas formula you cannot go wrong.

jm420

Veteran
This shit is cake brother. StonedWarrior go lucas with a tote aquarium pump and lucas formula you cannot go wrong.

Update time!
Heres a 3 week shot, again first timer. Does this look pretty normal?
Lots of trichomes already. I cut back to 600+ ppm. She cant handle full blast lucas it seems.
Tell me what you guys think!
Thank you IC

go4broke

hey Triple T great looking girls there. I started with 4-5gal buckets under 400 watts. Now i'm up to 8 buckets under 600watts on a rail, which is nowhere near enough light. so i,m saving up for a 2nd 600.:jump:Hydro and Lucas is almost too easy. Also ICMags resources are a real lifesaver. I,ve read alot of Freezerboys posts mostly regarding EC vs PMM and use EC exclusivly now. Looks tike your on the right track, so good luck with your first grow----GO4BROKE out.

Thanks guys. Only two replies? What happened to all you people who were pulling up a chair and popcorn? Damn
EC = 1.3
She maxed out at 28 inches and 44 wide. Ive been taking leaves by the bag again. Trying to shed some light on the lower branches.
I should have LSTed a bit better but not bad.
Side note: One of the BBs has the thinnest branches ive ever seen. with the largest most solid buds of all the girls so far. Ill grab a picture of this and its retarded sister that is a ball of branches and not much else later tonight.

Here we are at 4 weeks, im about 4-5 days late. Sorry folks
Looking decent I suppose.
For some reason though, Ive noticed in the past 2 days a few orange hairs popping up on the main colas... First thought was 'OH NO nanners' so I checked and so far I can find anything on the big one or any of the BB girls. I guess my question is:when should hairs begin to turn? we're in the vacinity of day 33-35 currently. Is this normal? Or should I grab my tweezers and a chair and get intimate with these girls?
any comments are much appreciated. enjoy

Maj.Cottonmouth

We are Farmers
Veteran
No chair or popcorn but I will be lurking over here in the corner. :)

Bud development looks good and nice and frosty for 3 weeks of 12/12 and the 4 week shots look like it is growing like a DWC plant should, fast.

Don't sweat a few orange hairs, some strains (The Church) spit a ton of orange hairs early and all the way through flower. Below is a shot at four weeks.

picture.php

Cainea

Looks really sweet and like the above poster said, dont sweat the red hairs. Its prefectly normal for some strains and expect regrowth of white hairs several times more even if most turn red occasionally

5 weeks
Heres an update again. Feels like the growth has slowed to a halt. Ive been dealing with slight mag deficiency and right around week 4 all the white hairs suddenly turned orange at basically the tips of all the main colas. The calyx's are purple and hairs orange.
I brought my ph up to 6.0 and ec to 1.5 see what happens.
Theres still lots of swollen multi haired calyxs popping up.

anyways here we are. First timer and im okay with it.
thanks for stopping by. TTT

Latest posts

Latest posts