What's new

NEW Colorado Growers Thread

M

meowmeowmeow

I have a cut I picked up in Denver a few years ago. The word is it's 20%+ CBD and only 8 or 9% THC. I've kept it because it's neutral, without any real high, stone or inebriation.

That the cut you're looking for?

I want the seeds from the breeder, but thank you.
I'm very familiar with it.
For now I m more THC than CBD.

Ganoderma

Hydronaut
Mentor
Veteran
For those of you that have grown out CBD plants (please note I haven't had the chance to yet). I'm assuming that CBD plants, the ones with the most resin on the leaves and buds would mean a higher level of CBD. Just like their counter parts "THC" plants that have high lots of resin. It just seam logical that the frostiest of CBD plants would be high CBD ones, I just can't recall anyone talking about the topic. Or the topic of being able to pick out the keeper CBD plant while they are growing in veg. I know most of the time I can pick the best plants, but not always.

jidoka

337D5E72-EDA4-4EE6-91E0-622131108611.jpeg

Low thc, low cbd. Looks can be deceiving

beta

Veteran
For those of you that have grown out CBD plants (please note I haven't had the chance to yet). I'm assuming that CBD plants, the ones with the most resin on the leaves and buds would mean a higher level of CBD. Just like their counter parts "THC" plants that have high lots of resin. It just seam logical that the frostiest of CBD plants would be high CBD ones, I just can't recall anyone talking about the topic. Or the topic of being able to pick out the keeper CBD plant while they are growing in veg. I know most of the time I can pick the best plants, but not always.

Trichome heads have varying degrees of cannabinoids in them - Lots of trichomes doesn't mean much if the trichome heads don't contain many cannabinoids.

I don't know if you've ever smoked Afgooey - Frostiest herb you'll ever see, but I have to smoke a couple joints to my head to even begin to feel the effects.

M

meowmeowmeow

For those of you that have grown out CBD plants (please note I haven't had the chance to yet). I'm assuming that CBD plants, the ones with the most resin on the leaves and buds would mean a higher level of CBD. Just like their counter parts "THC" plants that have high lots of resin.

Im in no way an expert, so no worries all greasy.
This shit isnt the gospel. :biggrin:
From my experience with verified CBD plants I have not seen any proof. I stink and have seen meself you benefit from full plant extractions when using as medicine. So maybe some of the cannabinoids are necessarily present to our eyes.
The Sour Tsunami has terpene production like most sativas I have grown. Lots of sativas share this trait to my nose. A real gem if you get a super sour diesel gas leaner.
From growing AC/DC ... fucking grew like a tomato plant real shitty structure.
I am a fan of pre98 Bubba with 3-7% cbd in it. Taste with a little goodness.
To be brutally honest in my experience high CBD flower tastes .... can t say shit cause I love that terp...hahaha. not appealing.
I've seen variances in trichome production with type of light and feed more so.

Douglas.Curtis

Autistic Diplomat in Training
The cut of Sour Tsunami I have (I call her Tuse) is slightly citrus tasting and rather nice. ;) That's with 24%ish CBD?

SolarPlex

Hey SolarPlex,

I'm wondering if you germinated Sour Tsunami or got the cut local? I grew that while working at a shitty grow here and liked it. From my research this is a strain bred by Ringo at SoHum seeds...super resistant and crazy resin. A good concentrate generating strain.

I want the seeds from the breeder, but thank you.
I'm very familiar with it.
For now I m more THC than CBD.

I got the cut local.

It is a very very low THC pheno, like 1% and up to 20% CBD. Kind of smells like sour pineapples. I harvested mine at Day 68 the first go but the next run I am going to let it go to 84. Needed 2 more weeks even at 2 weeks.

Definitely bred by Lawrence Ringo (RIP), seeds are local to Cali only as I checked their website and they don't ship, otherwise I would have a pack of them already.

Going to use it in some upcoming crosses. I have a True Canna Truth male and some Dynasty Harlequin x Blue Heron males that I am going to flower out soon and use the pollen on the Sour Tsu as well as some of the other females I have right now.

M

meowmeowmeow

Yup I was hip to what the site said.
Asked a cali resident about it and dude was fucking clueless. I then lost hope but on to the next thought.
Im trying to decide if I wanna run clones or pop seeds for the next run.
Homie has some Key Lime Pie crosses and I m a fan of that GSC pheno, but don't wanna run GSC.

Too many seeds to decide. :biggrin:

M

meowmeowmeow

Irony

Irony

I picked up some Sour Tsunami shake tonight.
For what its worth gets me thru good terps still.
Have about 12 colas and she's stacking.
Poochie Love
20180709_203227.jpg

20180709_203345.jpg

I have a sour tsu x wulf from avanish I'm growing out along with some of his other gear like lime cookies bubbs x stardawg, grape stomper x bubba kush, lime cookies bubba x soub dub.

They said the sour tsu x wulf would be high cbd and give lots of energy to get things done during the day. I'm hoping we have a later season and things don't NEED to be chopped the first week of October like the last 2 years.

I kinda need those extra 2-3 week.. but don't we all?

This year I'm just doing a few plants because of these new limited plant counts.

3 years ago i started changing to 12 OD plants to see how long it would last me and 12 big huge od plants are plenty for me to make topicals, feco and toke on and have 6 lbs to kinda trade or whatever.

I got a later start this year though, so I'm nervous about if I'll have enough medicine.

Last year I had rodent issues and only grew 4 plants and 3 strains and this year has been tough with getting strain locked, but thankfully my friends grew flavors I didn't and hooked me up.

Next year I'm thinking of doing femmed seeds, which I thought I would NEVER EVER say, ass I am just not a fan of femmed genetic. Ethos seems to be putting out some fire stuff though.. still not sure if I'm willing to spend that kind of money for femmed deeds.

If anyone local has any they'd be willing to part with.. I'm in Denver.

BTW is anyone going to Bong A Thon this year?

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve crossed my WiFi cut to Relentless’ 818 SFV Fire OG last season. A friend is testing these & I’ve decided I’m going to call this variety 416 Fire OG in memory of the disastrous Durango fire & in honor to those fire fighters & support personnel that put their lives on the line for the folks of the area.

The fire ban has been lifted due to rains & it’s about time to go hunting for some wonderful eats... mushrooms!!!
We’ve got King & Queen Bolete as well as Yellow & Black Chantrell. There are others but ID can be tricky. Mushroom fest in T-Ride is coming soon!

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I’ve crossed my WiFi cut to Relentless’ 818 SFV Fire OG last season. A friend is testing these & I’ve decided I’m going to call this variety 416 Fire OG in memory of the disastrous Durango fire & in honor to those fire fighters & support personnel that put their lives on the line for the folks of the area.

The fire ban has been lifted due to rains & it’s about time to go hunting for some wonderful eats... mushrooms!!!
We’ve got King & Queen Bolete as well as Yellow & Black Chantrell. There are others but ID can be tricky. Mushroom fest in T-Ride is coming soon!

we went out to your typical mushroom hunting spot last week, seemed nice and wet from recent monsoon style rains but no mushrooms yet.... seems a lil bit early in my neck of the woods still but i can't wait to find some :D
still have dehydrated boletes from last year

M

meowmeowmeow

Night shots

Night shots

She took a beating after the storm yesterday, so i may have a supper cropped cola. If my memory is correct Ive have some super bigger colas from these instances in the past. She s starting to stretch and the fans are extendinging out. Should be a decent haul with 12 colas. Had to included my buddy Max. :biggrin:
20180724_210238.jpg

20180724_210250.jpg

20180724_210306.jpg
Archive seeds - Poochie Love
20180724_211042.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts