What's new

New California Joint Resolution to Protect Dispensaries and Growers from Fed Raids!

Skip

Veteran
California State Senator Mark Leno has introduced a new joint resolution, SJR 14, urging the Federal gov't to stop raiding cannabis dispensaries and growers who comply with California's Medical Marijuana laws (prop 215 and SB 420).

It will also go a step further and require any federal cases to allow the introduction of the medical defense in court cases. This is currently denied, and has caused much grief among those attempting to defend their actions in Federal Court. This was a big issue in Eddy Lepp's case, which he lost because the judge refused to allow him to use the medical marijuana defense or the RFRA (religious defense).

http://www.examiner.com/x-4172-Sacramento-Statehouse-Examiner~y2009m6d19-Senator-Mark-Leno-introduces-resolution-to-protect-cannabis-clubs-from-feds

L

LJB

Sheriff's deputies are a bigger problem for growers than DEA in California.

Eddy Lepp is a different animal.

question due to laziness what does it take to be a medical grower always thought that would be an epic dream job if my life dosen't go as planed

sweetaction

eglider

Definitely would put the ball in the Feds court. Any interference from that point on would only mean one thing.
F%*K State Law. We Dont Care. We're Federal and we do what we want. Even the most relaxed Californian (and American) will finally get that.
Could even be useful to check Federal overreaching by forcing SCOTUS to close loopholes like Interstate Commerce and other little deceptive ploys Feds use to stick noses in states rights.
Rise up Bear Republic and Reclaim Your Rights. Lead the Way.

I love a good Revolution...It stirs the blood...

i see our government getting overthrown if they don't start appealing to the public...government has been in it just for themselves ever since "Kennedy" was in office...just like now...our president...just a huge puppet...works for the big bankers...but if those big bankers realized how much more $ legal marijuana sales would bring in, they might actually push for it...just like tobacco...lets make that illegal again and see how many pissed off people there are! haha

Latest posts

Latest posts