What's new

New ballasts from Micromole, Nanolux and Solis-Tek

caljim

I'm on the edge. Of what I'm not sure.
Veteran
Just plugged in a 1000w solis tek matrix ballast. I needed a little side lighting on a 4x4 table. Put a 600w hps in the hood, the ballast auto selected the 600w setting at start up.

Its giving the 1000w burning next to it on a mag ballast a run for its money.

Lots of wi fi and cable/satelite around and I have not noticed any interference. Even my nutradip trimeter, which is close by, seems unfazed.

Happy so far.

thinn

I have a 600w SolisTek ballast and I havent ran into issues, Given I have only did a test run in a new tent. I will keep this thread in mind when I fire it up for good. When I did have it running (3 days of 18-6 to dial in temps) I did not notice any probs with cable/internet interference. I have Time Warner though and its a large network.

BCNeil

It's recommended you 1st start the MicroMole ballast at 1,000 watts then run the overdrive. This gives the ballast time to warm up before being over driven.

Sorry to dig up an old thread, but I am researching for an additional ballast.

I read this on monsters website too.

I am thinking WTF. They have this soft start technology.
But if I intend to run at 1150 watts, I have to manual switch everyday at 15 minutes after lights on, and remember to switch back right before lights off each day?????

There was noway for them to incorporate this soft start digital technology with 60 second delays and all this, but can't design it to be run 1150 hassle free?? :dunno:

H

HighBurn8

I've been running my micromole @ 1150w for close to two years now without ever turning it down manually and haven't ever had a problem once.

I have been running solis tek matrix for 2 years now and love them, no interference issues and i live in the detroit metro area. I run them @ 1040 always and no problems.

2b2s