What's new

New Aero Concept

wantaknow

ruger 500
Veteran
thanks digital ,you better ,mesure twice ,and cut once ,you dont get second chances with things that go boom,or have amprage ratings,i would ask why ?it cant possably make that much differance in yeald or growth over aero systems,why reinvent the rubics cube?

sanka

why all that trouble, and flirting with danger with something that is not going to give you any sort of added weight or more resin? It just doen't make sense, but if it makes you happy do it. and be safe
I would have just bought an aero system and dial it in, but to each his own

HairlessCaveApe

Liam said:
Hiarlesscaveape, "Any more oxygen than an aero system delivers to the roots on its own is redundant." Umm, no you are mistaken, I've actually measured oxygenation, aeroponics while great at oxygenation, it is inferior to just a simple air pump and air stone in the res. Thats why we use BOTH.
I just think your dead wrong. Theres nothing your gonna say to make me believe you. Youl just have to show me results. -A proper aero system that keeps the root zone and fog at 66f or so, and puts out a mean droplet size of 50 microns down to 5 microns is gonna kik ass when your usin a proper formula. Theres absolutly no need for extra O. If you found that you needed something elce in the mix, you were doin it wrong.

Liam

Hairlesscaveape, do you own a lambda sensor?

Well I did, and I actually MEASURED the amount of dissolved oxygen in my nutes, runoff, and even re-condensed fog, so go ahead and remain ignorant.

Empirical data trumps your hypothesis.

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

None of that maters one li'l bit. Your hole premis is wrong. The amount of 0 in your liquid nutes means nothing once your nutes are turned into a fog. Once theyr a fog theres no reason for them to carry 0. The 0 is all around the root in the root zone allready. Its redundant. and Of corse thers gonna be a drop in 0 in your run off. If you infuse 0 into your liquid nutes and then make fog with them and the fog recondenses with less 0 thats hardly any indication that the roots ate the 0. What it means is that the 0 left your nutes while the nutes were fog. I dont think the droplets even carryed the extra 0 to the roots, it prolly dissapated out of the droplets in the root zone and went to waste. The plants will take what 0 they need and disregard the rest. As I said before. -Any extra 0 in the nutes in an aero system is redundant. A PROPERLY run aero system will treat the roots to more 0 then the plant could use anyhow. I aint got no hypothesis. Im talkin straight up facts. I just dont see how you could make such rediculous staatements and claim them to be true. I dont think you ever even had one successfull aeroponic grow. I meen where your micron size stayed between 50 and 5, and your root zone temps and fog stayed between 62 and 68 degreez, with a proper formula--- and heres the biggy- and where you made anykinda proper Flowers that grew out to theyr full genetic potential. Who ever grows out Herb to its full genetic potential raise your left hand :headbange ! I looked at your gallery and I see you as far from anykinda authority on aeroponics :spank: . Now hows that for ignorant :laughing: . Get a good aero grow under your belt before you tryan speak like ya got any kinda aero thority. Folks like you and podracer are misleading and dangerous to aero nubes.

Liam

HairlessCaveApe, "The amount of 0 in your liquid nutes means nothing once your nutes are turned into a fog. The 0 is all around the root in the root zone allready."

DO in the nutes is certainly not a huge percentage of the O2 your roots uptake in an aeroponic system. However, its already been proven YEARS ago that an aeroponic system without an aerated airstone in its rez is inferior to one with such an aeration system. In fact, its even been proven which methods of aeration are superior... FYI turbulent surface water is best.

If your roots are not dry, then for the roots to get oxygen the water on the roots has to first absorb oxygen. Oxygen absorption rate is important, but TIME is also a factor. If you're watering your rootzone the "standard" 1 min every 4 minutes, then you are limited by how much oxygen the water on the roots can absorb in those few minutes. Increasing DO in your nutes also means more O2 in the rootzone air, so either way its a win-win situation.

But... simply water on the roots surrounded by air is sufficient, and the majority of O2 supplied this way. Even humans are healthier with more DO in our water FYI.

"and Of corse thers gonna be a drop in 0 in your run off."

HA, what's funny is I never said that; and even better, you're WRONG. The main method to increase DO is to expose more of the waters surface area to air; fog/smaller-droplets are obviously superior at absorbing O2 since the same amount of water has more surface area.

"I dont think you ever even had one successfull aeroponic grow. I meen where your micron size stayed between 50 and 5, and your root zone temps and fog stayed between 62 and 68 degreez, with a proper formula--- and heres the biggy- and where you made anykinda proper Flowers that grew out to theyr full genetic potential."

I ran experiments and collected data, hands down I am more organized and advanced than any other grower I've seen on Overgrow.com and Icmag.com. I beat SoQuicks yield from his coliseums on my first run ever... the first time you grew weed did you crop 8lbs?

"I looked at your gallery and I see you as far from anykinda authority on aeroponics"

... dude, you're a closet grower. You're a joke compared to me. I'm sorry but two Coliseums trumps your sad little setup any day of the week. I've grown three different strains (Grape fruit, Kali mist, Hash plant), in 5 different methods (soil, hydroton, perlite, aero, fog), using all the sensors you can imagine. I didn't even have to enter my grow for a week at a time thanks to automation.

My gallery is sparse because I don't give two shits about Icmag.com... Overgrow.com how I miss thee. Either way, my gallery has pictures of my floor plan and Coliseums in action, what the fuck else is necessary?

HairlessCaveApe

You can grow all you want and it wont impress no one if you dont do it well. You got no pics in your gallery cause your shamed to show your product. It really dose show that you dont care bout this site. You just go roun spoutin off misinformation all over the place. Tellin aero nubes thay cookey ideas are good. You got any pics of that 8lb? My system hit every other week with an average of 6 oz of nothin but rock hard solid Flowers. This was with 3 x 400 watt lights. Roots dont count dude. What were ya countin, roots? Heres your problem. You dont care bout this site, just like you said. And your ego drives your thoughts and posts. You dont seem to have anyones best intrests at heart. You cant take instruction either. Even at the expence of havin a shitty garden. I could tell you how to do ALOT better with the aero dude. But ego loaded folks like you just cant take instruction.

HairlessCaveApe

Liam said:
HairlessCaveApe, "The amount of 0 in your liquid nutes means nothing once your nutes are turned into a fog. The 0 is all around the root in the root zone allready."

DO in the nutes is certainly not a huge percentage of the O2 your roots uptake in an aeroponic system. However, its already been proven YEARS ago that an aeroponic system without an aerated airstone in its rez is inferior to one with such an aeration system. In fact, its even been proven which methods of aeration are superior... FYI turbulent surface water is best.

If your roots are not dry, then for the roots to get oxygen the water on the roots has to first absorb oxygen. Oxygen absorption rate is important, but TIME is also a factor. If you're watering your rootzone the "standard" 1 min every 4 minutes, then you are limited by how much oxygen the water on the roots can absorb in those few minutes. Increasing DO in your nutes also means more O2 in the rootzone air, so either way its a win-win situation.

But... simply water on the roots surrounded by air is sufficient, and the majority of O2 supplied this way. Even humans are healthier with more DO in our water FYI.

"and Of corse thers gonna be a drop in 0 in your run off."

HA, what's funny is I never said that; and even better, you're WRONG. The main method to increase DO is to expose more of the waters surface area to air; fog/smaller-droplets are obviously superior at absorbing O2 since the same amount of water has more surface area.

"I dont think you ever even had one successfull aeroponic grow. I meen where your micron size stayed between 50 and 5, and your root zone temps and fog stayed between 62 and 68 degreez, with a proper formula--- and heres the biggy- and where you made anykinda proper Flowers that grew out to theyr full genetic potential."

I ran experiments and collected data, hands down I am more organized and advanced than any other grower I've seen on Overgrow.com and Icmag.com. I beat SoQuicks yield from his coliseums on my first run ever... the first time you grew weed did you crop 8lbs?

"I looked at your gallery and I see you as far from anykinda authority on aeroponics"

... dude, you're a closet grower. You're a joke compared to me. I'm sorry but two Coliseums trumps your sad little setup any day of the week. I've grown three different strains (Grape fruit, Kali mist, Hash plant), in 5 different methods (soil, hydroton, perlite, aero, fog), using all the sensors you can imagine. I didn't even have to enter my grow for a week at a time thanks to automation.

My gallery is sparse because I don't give two shits about Icmag.com... Overgrow.com how I miss thee. Either way, my gallery has pictures of my floor plan and Coliseums in action, what the fuck else is necessary?
:laughing: :jerkit: :jerkit: :laughing: How bout some pics of some nice Flowers?

chosen

Veteran
Wow.... You all are getting a little nasty. I do agree though. If you have a true aeroponic system, you shouldn't need much more oxygen in your root zone. Cooler temps, plenty of co2 in the growing area, if not at least a constant fresh air supply for the tops of the plants with some co2 enrichment, should do incredibly well. People love to play with fancy techno gadgets. Yet, nothing beats good old skill and experience. When you have it dialed, you can play because you understand what's going on through out your crop.

HairlessCaveApe

Your rite Chosen. I agree with every word you say. :respect: Its just hard not to say anything when someones tellin an aero nube that its a good idea to pump his nutes with a soda pump. Blessins on ya Brudda! :rasta:

Liam

HairlessCaveApe... normally I ignore people like you, but in this case I'd rather you STFU because I'd like to see MarquisBlack do this experiment.

Heres the mother table, note that it's bigger than your entire grow:

Heres my first pile of bud (~4lbs I believe, rest was still waiting to be trimmed):

Years later here are the cops getting ready to chop my Coliseums in half....

If the cops here saw your grow, they'd have taken your plants and not bothered charging you... if the cops don't even take your grow seriously, why the fuck should I?

MarquisBlack, keep me updated, I hope you try this out so that I don't have to!

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

Funny. Looks like crapp to me! Well now we know where all the schwagg comes from round your neak of the woods. Mabey onna the cops gotta holda somma your schwagg and thought it was so bad they needed to shut you down just for goodness sake. Ya know, kinda like a publik service. When I got busted they called my grow a lab. The left side of my basement was fulla Herb and the rite was fulla Shrooms. I was lokt up in PICC max security for 9 months before I was able to prove the search of my home was unconstitutional and all their evidence was inadmissable. I was gettin 6 oz average every other week outta half of a 5" x 9" flower room. Been doin it since 02. How much Herb it that Blindstien? Your plants look sick. I hope MarquisBlack realizes whatta horses ass you are and leaves you alone. Your like a blind man stumblin round in a briar patch.

Liam

"I was able to prove the search of my home was unconstitutional and all their evidence was inadmissable."

Hey ditto! They lied to the judge to get the search warrant, they said the windows were covered with black plastic, and then their own pictures entered into evidence proved they lied.

I'd say your weed looks like shit, but your damn camera sucks ass so bad I can't tell either way.

I've had my share of sickly plants... not to mention a whole aeroponic Coliseum with its pump left off for hours during lights on... roots were like straw brooms after that.

But I know I've grown more and better bud than you, I practically live for experiments, dialing a strain in isn't an artform... it's a science, and thats good because I am a scientist.

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

Damn, my clikkin fingers gettin tired. My galerys fulla Buds. Hard beautyfull Buds. Look close. My camers did sukk but the pics that you can see reveals that my Herbs was well cared for and loved. Do you speriment on gerbles too or just your poor sikley weeds? Please leave the Herbs alone. Whacher doin could be considered Herbal abuse.

who me

No you are.........................No you are.....................No you are...............................No you are

Liam

MarquisBlack, so 90 psi max intake for that air pump... but I know welding oxygen tanks can handle up to 2200 psi. You could use a regulator on that 2200psi tank to feed the pump 90 psi. I'd go with a two stage regulator with dual gauges.

I already checked the air pump you linked to, and I think it can handle oxygen, but FYI; oxygen will react with oil and grease, not explosively but certainly will ignite. Since it is food grade air pump... there should be no oil/grease contacting the oxygen.

Either way, you should use dried compressed air for the first run. That way when you do a second run with the oxygen, you can measure the resulting difference. Like suggested already, you could go with the enhanced 30% oxygen air, but I wouldn't bother.

Also note that oxygen would be exhausted from the back of this air pump... you could exhaust that into your nute solution. Or just into the grow room air, as despite what you may have been told, plants do breath oxygen from the air, day and especially night.

Edit: Nu uh, you are!

Last edited:

Cannabis

Veteran
Marquis, you don't want to put oxygen in there. It is an extremely, extremely dangerous thing.

Oxygen is the catalyst for flame. Objects which are in the presence of oxygen will burst into flame at extremely low temperatures. As in, not much above room temperature itself.

Being an electronic technician for the last 19 years, interspersed with between-jobs gigs as an industrial power & controls electrician with yet other gigs as a commercial electrician, I deal with almost every form of technology known to industry & business. High technology. I have 2400+ hours' training, completing two, separate, private electronic technician's schools; the first 1,000 class hours in electricity, analog, & digital electronics & associated technologies they typically control. The second 1,400 hours were completion of a class called ''Advanced Wireless Communications Electronics" and I hold a prestigious (at one time THE most prestigious, now bumped back to the third most) national certification in Wireless Electronic Communications. My initial specialty was communications, but having the education & resume I do, I've worked on just about every single mechanism known to man; and I have a surpassing understanding of all things technological, relative to the average mortal.

I know about these things, and in depth; having additionally received actual, specific, secondary training, in exactly the subject being discussed here.

I'm going to explain it to you in shorthand, and how it comes to pass that I happen to know about this exact subject.

Oxygen in the presence of any source of ignition: literally the smallest spark - one that is too small for the human eye to catch in normal lighting conditions - can make any object it is in contact with, burst immediately into flame.

Additionally it has been done: people have put oxygen concentrators feeding aeroponic root zones, and the additional oxygen has been repeatedly shown to not create enhanced growth. The experiments are a bit few and far between, and I don't know where to find the links to indicate it to you, but I've been growing aeroponically myself for the past 2-1/2 years, and have memberships at over a dozen sites, which I constantly comb for new, better ideas. I've read the threads, and I verify to you it HAS been done, and doesn't improve plant quality; indeed is associated with nothing more than the grower's typical growing operations management ability.

Back to the oxygen enriched atmosphere.

You might have heard at some point in your life, about oxygen tent fires: they used to be very frequent accidents, -and very frequently fatal ones - (and are still occasionally reported ones in homes) in hospitals.

When oxygen creates a fire in an O2 enriched atmosphere, the mechanics work like this: whenever the ignition source occurs in the 02 enriched locale, objects which normally won't burst into flame until their temperature is some 500, 600, even higher degrees F, do so at temperatures quite low: 200, even lower degrees, F.
However upon bursting into flame, the resulting fire, instantaneously rises to the NORMAL BURNING TEMPERATURE OF THAT SUBSTANCE: creating a burn which is EXCEEDINGLY HOT RELATIVE TO THE INITIAL FIRE CAUSING CONDITION; AND WHEREVER THE ENRICHED ATMOSPHERE EXISTS, OBJECTS BURST INTO FULL TEMPERATURE BURNING CONDITION, WITH MORTIFYING - AND NEAR INSTANTANEOUS - SPEED.

An initial flame-front kicks off at a low temperature hardly above nominal room temp, and will RAGE on everything in contact with the enriched oxygen, bringing the objects catching fire NEARLY INSTANTANEOUSLY INTO A FULL TEMPERATURE BURN CONDITION - AGAIN - WHICH IS AS HIGH AS THE OBJECT NORMALLY BURNS AT, W.I.T.H.O.U.T. AN ENRICHED OXYGEN ATMOSPHERE: the common temperatures for combustion on everyday objects in indoor environments being from 700, to 1400 degrees F etc.

The lack of common report of these events in hospitals in recent decades has been due to the rate of refurbishment of oxygen stations built in hospitals: all the switches and receptacles in rooms that have oxygen stations in hospitals, have to be built with raised standards for spark suppression, and for vapor containment/management.

As an electrician who has re-wired power and controls for natural gas turbine plants, and more importantly who has built, and supervised the building of a couple of hospitals, there are films which are shown to those employees.

They have to do with the management of highly inflammable vapors relative to the real world, and the management of the environments surrounding their handling.

The films I was shown involve situations set up by fire safety boards, for the exemplification of why, hospitals must have flame/spark suppression built into the circuitry, of rooms which employ oxygen stations. The rooms have the baseboards and walls sealed with caulk: so that the oxygen can't seep through the walls into the next room, as well.

In the films shown, a standard, electrical switch box, is set up; it's put into a wall, and then heated up until it's about - if I recall correctly, 250 degrees. I can't remember the exact specific train of events, but in any case, they set off a spark inside that box, manually, after heating it up, and point a laser temperature gun at the box, to show temperatures, in a mini-screen inset into the corner, as they film.

Initial temperatures are very low: and immediately the flames burst out, engulfing and actually feeding the resultant fire with the pvc insulation on the wires. In a matter of seconds the switch box is melted and burning with enthusiasm at full, normal temperatures for the surrounding materials.

This initial fire is touched off using a very, very tiny spark: so small, they have to direct the viewer to watch, and they replay it.

The second initiation of a fire in an almost identical box is done at a temperature not far above room temperatures: i believe, but can't say for sure, it's about 125 degrees F: but this time, they have to ignite a bigger spark manually, several times: about the third time, identically to the first scenario, the initial flames appear at a temperature that is VERY LOW: but it immediately raises to the NORMAL, VERY HIGH BURN TEMPERATURE, OF THE OBJECTS SET ON FIRE IN THE O2 ENRICHED ATMOSPHERE, AND THE KNOWN RESULTS OF THIS PHENOMENON HAVE KILLED

MANY
MANY
MANY
PEOPLE.

Rather than go and look it all up and find films on YouTube for you I felt it important enough to go ahead and let you know right away: DO NOT DO THIS Marquis. You will, before it's over, almost CERTAINLY create a fire; the devastating result of which I assure you, Liam is not going to be able to protect you from.

He might have grown himself some dope with an aeroponic unit, and that's all fine and well, but he does NOT have ANY training of ANY kind in ANY field related to fire suppression, or the management of inflammable environments.

I seriously doubt he has any training of ANY kind in a technical field, or he would be aware of the serious nature of the misinformation he is trying to spread: information that, while rare on a dope site, is nevertheless sometimes seen; that which falls within the realm of D.E.A.D.L.Y. and almost CERTAIN TO CAUSE A FIRE.

Not ''an increased or enhanced'' likelihood. Almost CERTAIN Marquis.

The few times I've read about people doing it, in doing research they found out about the extremity of the danger involved and gave it up, noting to a man, no improvement to the growth characteristics of their plants.

Now, you have got to believe me about this. You must check out online the general terms ''oxygen fire'' and ''oxygen enriched fire'' and that sort of thing. Most likely, YouTube has some oxygen fire videos set up by colleges, that sort of thing. The ones I saw were shown to me during some training electricians have to go through taking courses from time to time; and were property of some fire safety board; I don't really remember which one or anything; it was a long time back.

Another thing you might Google is ''oxygen tent fire'' and ''oxygen fire hospital'' and I assure you Marquis, you WILL find an abundance of evidence pertaining to what I say.

Oxygen tent fires have killed many many people through the years, and it is no laughing fuckin matter bro.

Marquis I assure you that I shit you not, my friend. The Cave Man guy, I don't know him, and am not associated. But I promise you, that my word is good on matters technological related to anything; because technology is the way I've made my living for many years; some very high technology that makes everything associated with growing dope, look like a wind up toy.

I myself, as a hobby, design, build, and refine unique aeroponic growing systems for my own enjoyment; for me the end isn't so much growing pot, as it is discovering cheaper, easier, less energy and equipment intensive ways to do it aeroponically, and also, delivering ways to new guys they can grow pot, without any more need for technological understanding than possible.

I'm a long time member here: and I assure you Marquis, i NEVER bullshit: not fucking ever; and it won't take you but about 10 to 20 minutes to verify everything I said to you above.

Due to my relaxing while talking to someone I work with, who is also a longtime smoker - one of the crewcut types at my job was around. The guy's a dick; practically one of those people who you'd imagine belonging to the 'jr.G-Man Auxiliary Piglets' Association' ...and in a fit of high paranoia, I deleted my main account here, and several other places where the names are similar; but I assure you that not only do I know whereof I speak, it won't be but just a few minutes after reviewing what I've told you, that you'll see I'm telling you the truth about oxygen and the environmental dangers of spreading it in an enriched manner, indoors.

It is V.E.R.Y. D.A.N.G.E.R.O.U.S.

By way of reinforcement of the 'no improvement noted' end of it, you must need bear in mind Marquis, that normally, hydroponic rootzones are kept in oxygen environments where 5, 6% are considered rather high rates of free, dissolved oxygen in solution. In an aeroponic hang, the root zone is exposed in an ultra-thin-film configuration that makes nominal atmospheric air oxygen rates readily available to them: and that is 18% or so. They do well; and indeed the units I build, actually pound the water into a small fraction of hydrogen peroxide. So I'm familiar with highly oxygen enriched, hanging aeroponic rootzones.

But again: the experiments are few enough and far enough between that I can neither remember nor refer you, but people have done, just as you suggested, and in fact I myself started a little mini-thread about it some time back... I believe on another site but I can't remember - and I was referred either to someone who HAD done it (using an oxygen concentrator) or perhaps, someone whose word I trusted told me THEY had done it - and there were several cases I ran across during in-depth searches on pot sites for it -

and NONE of them showed any improvement.

Additionally Marquis bear in mind that people have bubbled ozone into rootzones occasionally through the years, and there have never been any indicators enhancing oxygen level that way really do anything. Once the O or O2 becomes locally concentrated to a certain point, it's a matter of applying bleach to the roots; and the chemical reaction is more intense than typical for roots in assimilating nutrition.

Now: I kid you not Marquis, it's very dangerous. I've said it several times over so you can know I really do mean that, and I have absolutely no doubt, if you're (and you obviously are, as proven by this thread you started) a research & find-out kinda guy, you won't have any problem verifying what I'm saying to you.

K? Good luck & I'll see you around.

The reason for this account's age & low post count ratio is I started it for my wife; but she never used it, being intimidated by pot sites and everything that goes on.

Last edited:

HairlessCaveApe

Hey Howdy Cannabis! Thanks for all the info. By your post I notice you have extensive aeroponic growing experiance. Did you notice that when you keep your criteria proper you can feed crazy heavy? I keep my criteria to where my root zone temps are at 66 and my droplet size is between 5 and 50 mikrons and I find I can feed at 1800 ppm's. Didja ever notice anything like this? I was at a nasa site and there it said that if ya dial it in just rite with your nutes and criteria you can feed crazy heavy like this but I never seen anyone do it but me. I even had Folks call "bullshitt" on me about this. Did ya ever notice anything like this? What ppm's do you feed at? -Blessins on ya Brudda for lookin out for Marquis!