What's new

New 8KW stealth Coco chip grow!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Jock Horrors, see the burnt ones on the left edge of the front table? They had a light crash on them, might only get a few grams off each one but hey, better than nothing right?

Mandala #1 looking FINE, nice fat buds, but they have a few weeks to go I think:

G

grow nerd

:wave: Lazyman,

A slightly modified "coco Lucas" formula has been working well for me for the last year or so. With low-TDS tap (30-40ppm, EBMUD; almost comparable to RO water), I supplement the GH Flora with Ca/Mg+ especially earlier on. With the Sonoma County hard water that I'm seeing here, I've had pretty good results since switching to the hard-water version of the FloraMicro and no Ca/Mg+ additions (I think the report I saw stated something like 70ppm of Ca here). I've tried the regular Micro with subpar results, but I don't doubt that it can be tweaked to make it work with the hard water.

I am still slightly interested in experimenting, or at least still thinking about, using a RO system and "standard" Micro, simply for the reason that it won't need so much pH down!

sneakinman13

Veteran
wow lazyman. idk how i haven't ran into this thread yet. but im super impressed.you got crazy space to work with there! good job with everything!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
SOunds good GN, good to see you. Yeah I've used the HW formula before on tap water with good results, I used GH 3 part for years. BTW, the purple AK doesn't stretch hardly at all in flower, I'd veg em til they were the size you want before flipping. My apologies if this note comes too late!

Oh one more update, looks like my plans for a 1/2 Sweet Tooth + 1/2 Lemon Thai grow will be pushed off a round so my buddy can grow more moms. Next run I have a choice of Headband or Purple Mr Nice (GDPX Mr Nice)

What do you guys think? I'm told the PMN runs about 50-55 days, I know Headband will take at least 1-2 weeks past that so that alone might be a dealbreaker, but if the yields on Headband are stellar than I'd consider it.

I have heard bad things about the headband lately. Whole crops dieing for no aparent reason. But before I started hearing it sounded like HB is the shit. That Purple Mr Nice is sick too. My buddies Grandpa had some outdoors this year and they were something else. Love the deep purple stalks.

707Corridor

Yo Lazy whats up!

Too bad we wont be seeing that sweet tooth till next go round. I was looking forward to that.

If I can give my two cents I would go with the Purple Mr Nice. Its some mean smoke and I imagine the yeilds are pretty good considering the GDP genetics.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Hey thanks 707, yeah I was bummed too but better late than never!

Yep settled on the purple mr nice, I smoked some of the cut and it's nice and strong, good purpling too. We'll do half that and some new hippy cut called Jackpot, it's some afwreck/skunk cross and yields huge, saw some colas as big as my calf (under a 600) while my buddy was growing it, a great yielder for sure. Got 80 of each ordered so I can do up to 20 per tray, gonna take some serious pruning to keep em all in shape!

Two pounds per light or bust baby! I'd probably cream my jeans if I ever pulled a 16# crop out of 8 lights. "Needing" to buy a trimming machine is a problem I've always wanted, lol

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Holy shit, I think I got me a huge basement to move my op to. I'll explain the situation in the CCC but can't do it in the open forums.

Basement is 23.5' X 41' X 6'4" tall. Gonna do a drying room, veg room, and a 15KW flower room. Has 600A power right outside the wall, a natural gas water heater and a sink in the room, concrete floors and a couple windows I can seal up and vent through. Needs insulation and wiring, but I was planning on spending money on my current spot on both of those things next month, now I can do it better for the same money. I'll do one more run where I'm at, this will get the $ up and gives me 2-3 months to prep the basement for a bunch of lights and sealed with co2, and a veg room.

707Corridor

Holy shit, I think I got me a huge basement to move my op to. I'll explain the situation in the CCC but can't do it in the open forums.

Basement is 23.5' X 41' X 6'4" tall. Gonna do a drying room, veg room, and a 15KW flower room. Has 600A power right outside the wall, a natural gas water heater and a sink in the room, concrete floors and a couple windows I can seal up and vent through. Needs insulation and wiring, but I was planning on spending money on my current spot on both of those things next month, now I can do it better for the same money. I'll do one more run where I'm at, this will get the $ up and gives me 2-3 months to prep the basement for a bunch of lights and sealed with co2, and a veg room.

Way to go LM! :woohoo:

Should be some hard work, but oh so cool :joint:

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Thanks bro, I'm actually hesitating on posting the details, but I guess this thread will have just one more run on it! Should I do a thread on the new one?

707Corridor

I would hesitate as well. But if your good at misinformation tactics you can protect yourself pretty well. :joint:

It's up to you if you want to start a new one. I would just update us all (if you want) on the new one on this thread and once your ready to do a show on the new spot, show it off and start a new thread. Get it? I will tell you this I am interested in how the build will go yah know? Since I imagine you will do this one up real nice.

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
OK, I'll post it, here's the before shot:

Quick shopping list:

5 can150's
7 12" vortex
2 8" vortex
4 24" ceiling mount fans
15 digital ballasts, 1000w
15 air cooled hoods and bulbs
Powerbox 15K
sentinel chhc-1
3 8-bulb t-5's
4 115 gallon reservoirs
1 Ge Merlin RO filter
1 sentinel 24K btu co2 generator
1 santa fe dehuey for flower room
2 45-pint dehueys for veg/drying rooms
12 hanging drying racks
200 2-gallon smartpots
100 1 galllon smartpots
4 hanna meters
300 tropf blumat autowaterers
4 110lpm air pumps/16 stones/4 float valves
Tons of 3/4 inch hose
Tons of 12" and 6" ducting
3 rolls black white poly
62 sheets 3.5 inch rigid insulation (!)

But it will all be permanent, no more temporary installs for me, Whoo hoo!

I'm actually thinking of hooking up a 120v inline valve to their sinks hot water line. Move the WH exhaust to blow into the room, and now the water heater is a giant HydroGen! The sentinel will kick the valve open and closed as needed to enrich the room. Would only cost me about $80 to add the valve too and won't add heat to the room.

I figure the wiring and insulation will run me 3-5K, and though I already have a good chunk of the list above, I'll still need to buy about half of it in a couple more months, oof! Just the santa fe max dry costs about 1800 bucks. 10 more digi ballasts is about $2600, hydro shop is gonna love me! All in all it will probably be around 15-20k to set it all up, but i should be able to do a harvest every month of 10-12 pounds, taking half the room per chop.

Might just have to quit my job once this is running, but I don't think I'm interested in tacking on a mother/clone room. Too much work, and I have good reliable clone sources now. Eventually I'd like to add a growtronix box so I can monitor it from my cell phone and adjust the climate as needed.

707Corridor

Now that's a shopping list I would like to say was mine.

Cant wait for the after shot as well. By the way how much does a growtronix box run? And is it cool to have monitoring stuff on your cell phone?

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
Now that's a shopping list I would like to say was mine.

Cant wait for the after shot as well. By the way how much does a growtronix box run? And is it cool to have monitoring stuff on your cell phone?

Heh yeah it's only fun til ya have to pony up cash, other than that yeah truckloads of gear is a scream!

Last I checked the basre box is a grand for grotronix, another 1000 to 1500 for all the modules and computer interface so around 3k out the door. I cant remember the address but they have a slick website somewhere...