What's new

New 6 plant Gettotree setup.

Stonefree69

Veg & Flower Station keeper
Veteran
Bet Ghetto is busy Chopping and processing, part of the game i love and hate!

Anyways ghetto, when you get some free time, i just wanted to show you the seed you planted within me!

I really hope to make this switch everywhere, i absolutely love the system so far..

Flipping today, probably choked my lights, not sure, never had plants this big before ;)
Wow, nice grow. Those are BIG pipes, are they 3 or 4"? I use 2 - 2" the extra one for redundancy (twin inlets and outlets). I made a water level indicator for each bucket in case roots do clog something and slip-union joints in the pvc so I can get to any issues w/o bothering plants (just drain and check/fix). Never had to yet...

Update:
I totally fucked this grow up. Sometimes I just do something so retarded I wonder wtf is wrong with me. About 3 grows ago I put some Essick antibacterial stuff into the res for the foggers and fed the plants some poison they almost died. I solved that problem with a UV filter in the humidifier rez.
I was watching this grow start off great then slowly going down hill. I couldnt for the life of me figure out WTF is going on. Rootzone was great UC system was stable and clean. Then It hit me, I usually just use soap and water to clean the humidifier tubs. This time I used MR. Clean antibacterial surface spray. What an Idiot I am. I guess I should have read the bottle, turns out Both the essick stuff and MR clean have the same active ingrediants. I was pretty sure the tubs were clean and dry but the plants are so sensitive to foiler fogging I guess just the residue in the humidifiers is what did it.. The lowes side is the worst, but the tub side isnt doing as bad. Looks like a 50% loss..

MR CLEAN

View Image

Essick

View Image

Hard Lesson Learned. :laughing:

Haven't felt much like posting lately, shit has been driving me crazy
Well it's water under the bridge. I just say well that'll never happen again, move on and look forward... But yeah at least you found the problem. What I hate are those s**t happens moments that shouldn't have happened at least seems wasn't one of those. Antibacterial is a big gimmick, I heard it's just about as effective as just using soap and water. Well this is true anyway for dish and hand soap.

C

-Capfan-

3", a mix of PVC and ABS pipe =P

Some reason my home depot carry's 1 / 2 / 4 inch pvc, and NOT 3"..had to grab the ABS there =/

C

-Capfan-

How are things comming Ghetto ?

----

Any plans to start up another gig ?

Mister_D

Veteran
Those look great cap. I usually screen train them for the first 3 weeks, then if they are choking out the lights give them a good pruning and let them ride to the finish.

Update:
I totally fucked this grow up. Sometimes I just do something so retarded I wonder wtf is wrong with me. About 3 grows ago I put some Essick antibacterial stuff into the res for the foggers and fed the plants some poison they almost died. I solved that problem with a UV filter in the humidifier rez.
I was watching this grow start off great then slowly going down hill. I couldnt for the life of me figure out WTF is going on. Rootzone was great UC system was stable and clean. Then It hit me, I usually just use soap and water to clean the humidifier tubs. This time I used MR. Clean antibacterial surface spray. What an Idiot I am. I guess I should have read the bottle, turns out Both the essick stuff and MR clean have the same active ingrediants. I was pretty sure the tubs were clean and dry but the plants are so sensitive to foiler fogging I guess just the residue in the humidifiers is what did it.. The lowes side is the worst, but the tub side isnt doing as bad. Looks like a 50% loss..

MR CLEAN

View Image

Essick

View Image

Hard Lesson Learned. :laughing:

Haven't felt much like posting lately, shit has been driving me crazy

EDIT: Now that I think of it I took the below pic right after I cleaned the humidifiers with the poison MR. Clean. WTF FAIL

View Image

Happens to the best of us bro. Just have to suck it up and keep it moving. One mishap in how many successful crops? Especially since your using one of the most volatile hydro systems known to man. I'd say over all you're still on the winning side of the coin :biggrin:.

Capfan - Nice lil setup you have there. Doing journal by chance?

BldSwtTrs

Sorry to hear that Ghetto. Big fan of your grows and have nothing but respect for ya.

Simple green is a degreeser/cleaner all in one combo that is plant safe and works great. Sorry to hear about the issues man.

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran

Hey mang. I'm the same exact way. i had a plant a month and a half ago that was six weeks into flowering and i fed it water that was like 3 ph and the next day the fucker was dead. I couldn't f@cking believe i did it. I think alot has to do with taking care of everything alone and trying to save time when i can by taking" safe" shortcuts. Do you use h202 is your res? I use it and with the strength that it is(29%) a table spoon in a bucket of water serves as a great cleaning tool. I used to use bleech until i didn't rinse a tray good enough once and i killed a whole tray of clones. I know all about epic fails, and i'm super hard on myself just as you are to yourself. Shit just over the winter i set up a new room and went with what i knew for years-ebb and flow. I pulled a harvest of only 2 1/2 ounces from my little table that i never used to get anything less than a half pound. I was seriously questioning my growing skills. Then i changed things around, went vert for the first time, and my first vert yield was just over a half pound, and that wasn't even the whole room. When god hands you lemons, you find a new god!!!!!!!!

gettogro

Veteran
Thanks for all the good vibes, This shit show is almost over.

On a positive note here are some pics from my other spot. WIFI is blowing up, looks like my best run yet at this spot, ant the worst run ever at the other..

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

gettogro

Veteran
picture.php

Got some new beans to pop over the next few months, Hoping to find the next big thing. However finding something to top my WIFI cut is going to be near impossible. I really scored with my OGR pack, Found a pheno that finishes fast and is capable of growing 3lb trees of pure fire...

Started reading all the hype about the GSC, dont know what to think, my head is still spinning.... I guess ill just pop them and see what I find..

gettogro
Every time I view your pics I feel the drive to change my room to match yours, and although I see noticeable changes I cant seem to get my plants to produce as much bud as yours.

Can you give me any advice?

frankenstein2

Astronaut Status
Veteran
View Image

Got some new beans to pop over the next few months, Hoping to find the next big thing. However finding something to top my WIFI cut is going to be near impossible. I really scored with my OGR pack, Found a pheno that finishes fast and is capable of growing 3lb trees of pure fire...

Started reading all the hype about the GSC, dont know what to think, my head is still spinning.... I guess ill just pop them and see what I find..

I can't believe nobody has givin you shit for the cc cookies. Fuck em anyway, i would grow them too just to see whats up.:dance013:

MildeStoner

Veteran
Just read the thread from page one, awesome, love your style man! I prefer reading a log like this, problems/stupid mistakes and all (takes a certain type of maturity to admit and own ones mistakes on a public forum), the un-poisoned plants are absolute beasts and an inspirational to literally pretty much everyone on the site.
Subscribed!

gettogro

Veteran
gettogro
Every time I view your pics I feel the drive to change my room to match yours, and although I see noticeable changes I cant seem to get my plants to produce as much bud as yours.

Can you give me any advice?

Genetics are the key to high yields. I suggest you get a pack of WIFI Im sure you will find a keeper. I am always trying new strains, but I have yet to find anything that compares to the my WIFI or my Chem dog cut.

A plant that does well in sea of green might not be the best for tree growing. Finding a plant that does well growing vert tree style is half the battle.

Here is a prime example, These crappy plants got the same veg time and love as the WIFI's in the rear. They are female seeds White widdow x Big bud. They are lucky to be 1/2 to 3/4 lb each. I totally wasted 3 spots in my garden growing these plants when they should have been chem or wifi. But I am always trying out new strains you never know until you try.

picture.php

picture.php

gettogro

Veteran
Also, Ill say it again. This method of growing is by far, not the most efficient. I am in a med state and my plant count is important to me. 6 plants at 14kw that can pull 15-18 lbs makes me happy. If you want to hit the big numbers, Jackmayoffer has it dialed in for sure. I, however couldnt sleep at night knowing that I have 1000 plants. He is truly playing with fire son. On the other hand, out of all the growers I have met in my county, It seems I am the only one following the plant count rules.. :crazy: With my record and luck with the law, I think Ill stick with what is working for me.

bobblehead

Veteran
I'm shutting down my illegal op and going compliant with my med program. Its about sustainability for me... The tortoise always beats the hair.

D

DonJuanMatus

solid words ghetto, family first..i feel the same way and that why i run trees aswell..and i also dont know anyone locally that runs legit numbers..100 and just under seems to be the norm...people always ask me, why do you waste time growing trees when you can sog? i tell them piece of mind..if the sheriffs come i want them to leave just as fast as they enter..plus i out yield theyre sogs per light with 1 plant, not like im loosing yield running legit numbers :)..im from the south, ive had enough grow paranoia to last a life time, no need to continue it..shit i still peek out the window a few times a day ,even with legit numbers..old habits die hard

your work continues to impress and inspire