What's new

Nevil's "Grail"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

izzywozzywizzy

It's very hard to beleive who's doing what ,we have all sort of storys.i just want the real sellers of his creations its hard to trust people when nevil is invisible.once i have a cash flow im looking to buy at least 6 of them named.i have super kush but is only half way there its smells very simalar to mns ash.plus its deformned because of me putting it in flower and then vegging so i wont get a good result.seems to me people are frightened he takes buisness away as he has pedigree and most new seed compamys are nobody we know.i think he will appear in Spain attached to a established company down there there's enough of them to pick from espana.I have noticed my super kush rooted in 5 days with strong white roots and I Like the smell.people know what who when and where he is and what he's got but because of bisnis politics its better hushed up .peace

Heymikey

Undoubtedly like many others here, my first seed purchase was from Neville's seed bank back in the 80's, and I respect him as a breeder. I am interested in his new offerings, but the lack of proper descriptions, photos & grow reports are keeping me from ordering them. As is the $180.00 price and the very limited availability of trusted vendors carrying Neville's (aka Nevil's) gear. I have read the basic descriptions of what is available and want to know more, especially with regard to indoor suitability.

So far I've seen several grows of Neville's latest crosses "started" on several different sites by growers I consider advanced and credible, however I've yet to read any "finished" reviews - especially the smoke reports. I almost ordered these beans on a few separate occasions, but have been holding off until after I've had time to read the reviews.

Any reviews?

Smoke reports?

bigherb

Veteran
So far I've seen several grows of Neville's latest crosses "started" on several different sites by growers I consider advanced and credible, however I've yet to read any "finished" reviews - especially the smoke reports. I almost ordered these beans on a few separate occasions, but have been holding off until after I've had time to read the reviews.

Any reviews?

Smoke reports?

I feel the same

It's been sometime since they first got released I figured u would have heard someone raving by now .

Frankenfuel is the cross I'm most interested in but I'd really love to have Kariba pure

1luvbigherb

Raco

secretion engineer
ICMag Donor
Veteran

Any reviews?

Smoke reports?

Are you the same Aragorn that was banned from shantibaba´s site?

If so...Why?? :chin:

Are you the same Aragorn that was banned from shantibaba´s site?

If so...Why?? :chin:

Yes, I was banned... along with dozens of former members of MNS all within a month or so, because I participated in discussions on the very topic this thread is about - Neville's "grail". Nothing more than that. I wasn't even the person to start the offending thread. All I did was name several of Neville's new crosses, just as I did earlier in this thread.

Plenty of those other banned members are active and positive contributors here at IC Mag, such as myself. Feel free to read all my posts over there (and here) and you will see that I am and always have been an active and on-topic contributor to these forums, but I chose not to.

PS. The topic of Neville's Grail is NOW ALLOWED to be discussed on the MNS site. It is no longer site policy to delete such posts, but before the change in policy threads were getting closed/deleted and members were getting banned rampantly. Since the new policy has been in effect Shanti said those banned members were welcome to come back and re-register.

I feel the same

It's been sometime since they first got released I figured u would have heard someone raving by now .

Frankenfuel is the cross I'm most interested in but I'd really love to have Kariba pure

1luvbigherb

Kangativa should release seeds of his pure Sativas and sell them on the Bay. (HINT!)

Puday

Sorry about the delay ...

as for smells ...

None have any trace of skunk in them whatsoever, so that alone is great. Don't get me wrong, I love skunk, just not in everything I smoke.

One smells like church incense ... frankincense so to speak.

The second smells just like a very well selected Nevil's haze. As if someone grew out a few packs of Nevil's haze and selected the best.

The third smells like a combination of the first two with the added scent of fuel. The fuel notes have just surfaced and were not present a few days ago.

The church incense pheno is a) the quickest of the bunch, and b) thus far my favorite based on scent alone.

All are very very resinous and all scents are still developing and refining.

They are at about 9 weeks. None of these are 10 week sativas. The quickest will go 12 - 12.5, the next 13 - 13.5, and the last ... 15 - 15.5

Interestingly enough the frankenfuel's parents are both fast flowering. The Kariba mom and the NH3 male used were fast/quick as I have been told but it seems this doesn't necessarily mean the kids will be.

All three girls have that spear type bud structure. More-so than any other line i've experienced. The bud and plant structure alone tell you you are in for something special.

The node spacing on the 2 earlier girls is quite uniform and tight. The longer flowering one has a typical NH node spacing. All three girls stretched and grew a ton but the node spacing does not suffer one bit. The stretch is genetic but the tight nodes seem genetic too.

These Kariba/NH3 handle the cold brilliantly which I find perhaps a bit ironic for African genetics but whatever the case ... they handle night temps in the 50's brilliantly so if cold is a factor for some of you, this might be something to consider. I don't know if the MM or the Oaxacan handle the cold so well but the Kariba cross does. They also handle the heat without batting an eyelash.

Vigorous and hardy are two words that certainly describe this cross well.

I will keep you all posted as the time goes on.

Now as for those of you who are wondering how/where to get these. They are available, however, I am not sure I have the liberty to point people in that direction. In fact I had to have folks vouch for me so I will look into that and get back to you all on that front.

Incidentally, Ive got an old school SSH that smells like piff crossed to skunk haze ... I really wish I had a chance to try the original c5 and a5 hazes. I would definitely suggest any NYC Haze fans to search the MNS SSH and The Doors for some good phenos as well. Basically I'm thinking Nevil was right when he said c5 was his best cross. And I still believe the A5 is what Big Herb and I know as official uptown haze (aka piff, aka puday).

and that's about all for now ... the frankenfuel's are starting to live up to their name, the smells are friggen amazing and that's about that for now.

Lastly, Dr. Purpur should have some smoke reports soon I think as he has been curing his grails up for a few weeks now and mentioned in passing that he would start sampling after about a 6 week cure.

I am looking forward to hearing what he has to say. Dr. P always delivers so I personally can't wait to hear what he's got to say.

puday i noticed your night time temps were only 50, that is quite low and i would bet it is partly accountable for the delayed flowering time. photosynthesis will slow right down at temps that low

Puday

puday i noticed your night time temps were only 50, that is quite low and i would bet it is partly accountable for the delayed flowering time. photosynthesis will slow right down at temps that low

I was going to mention that and got sidetracked.

Great point ... I should have added ... the lower night time temps could certainly be why the flowering is on the longer side.

Most nights the temps range from 63f to 75f however a few nights, perhaps a handful, temps were in the 56-59 degree range.

Absolutely this could be causing a slower general flowering span. I will add, this does not seem to have negatively effected the plant, or yield ... but definitely could explain why 10-11 week parents have produced 12-15 week offspring.

Again, guys like Dr. P or Kanga, perhaps even bush weed or Elmer who have grown these plants in ideal conditions could give a better idea of flowering times but this is my experience.

Great point though barefoot ... very valid indeed.

I will also add though that the SuperLemon Haze being run right next to the grails is probably about a week behind schedule too so certainly the cold could be a factor but she's also one of the best yielding SLH to date yet. I've seen a lot of different Lemon Hazes ... I love that strain. Arjan is the best when it comes to robbing peoples strains and crossing them. Amen! You go Arjan .. you the man!

I'm pretty sure once I find my mango haze keeper that it will smoke similarly to the SLH. Clear refreshing high.

Later all ... if we don't speak "Happy New Year"

Puday

Kangativa should release seeds of his pure Sativas and sell them on the Bay. (HINT!)

Here's a little gossip:

1) Kanga says he found an even better Kariba than the one used in the grails. Apparently Nevil liked the first Kariba (frankincense) so much he didn't really consider using this second plant Kanga found. It was longer flowering than the first and frankly Kanga liked it better.

2) I heard, so this is rumor on my part, that Kanga didn't give Nevil his best Oaxacan to use, Kanga kept that one under his hat.

3) and who knows what else Kanga has up his sleeve. The guy has proper strains ... I hope he uses his Lemon Skunk properly because that LS male the DNA boys found is blessed. He should cross that to his best hazes.

the last thing I will add is that Nevil or Shanti or anybody with the original A5 and c5 hazes should fem them and pass those fem'd beans around.

I'll leave it at that.

Here's a little gossip:

1) Kanga says he found an even better Kariba than the one used in the grails. Apparently Nevil liked the first Kariba (frankincense) so much he didn't really consider using this second plant Kanga found. It was longer flowering than the first and frankly Kanga liked it better.

2) I heard, so this is rumor on my part, that Kanga didn't give Nevil his best Oaxacan to use, Kanga kept that one under his hat.

3) and who knows what else Kanga has up his sleeve. The guy has proper strains ... I hope he uses his Lemon Skunk properly because that LS male the DNA boys found is blessed. He should cross that to his best hazes.

the last thing I will add is that Nevil or Shanti or anybody with the original A5 and c5 hazes should fem them and pass those fem'd beans around.

I'll leave it at that.

Love all that! I hope Kanga releases these beans for the heads so we can all breed our own grails!

midwest

I for one am fairly interested
Those prices are high though
Especially for F1 crosses.

As far as this whole kush discussion...
I personally would love to see a modern day ssh-like cross involving some of theclone only's

Imagine for example: NH/Bubba Kush x NH/Calio-O
I can't imagine not finding good phenos in there
And it's actually fairly close to the orginal cross. The bkush mimics the nlights indica style plant and the calio-o is a skunk selection I believe

Elmer Bud

Genotype Sex Worker AKA strain whore
Veteran

G`day Puday

I haven`t grown any of the new Nevil gear .

I have the Lemon Sk x Mazar I germing ATM .
Also the C5 x Doors and G13 HzA x La Nina and Hash Plant HzC x La Nina as well .
Its not what you know , my Granny used to say ....

Thanks for sharin

EB .

bigherb

Veteran
Sup Elmer

hope all is well brother

Sorry to hear you got gotten but you know there anint many Folk you can trust .The truth is appreciated though an a lesson for others as it not a first i voiced my opinion long ago on that clown who was doin some promoting

How is the weather down ther brah an whats da word on those crosse i never did get to hear anything about them

Happy holidays bro be safe

1luvbigherb

JOJO420

Veteran
I have been running the Nevs x Mullim maddness for over a year now. My only advice is do not run these if you have height restrictions.. I will post pics later, when I have more time. I got 13 footers from seed that were 10-12 ft wide in every direction. They like get big. I got mad seeds of this, I'm gonna plant some outdoors in Hawaii for the New Years

I have been running the Nevs x Mullim maddness for over a year now. My only advice is do not run these if you have height restrictions.. I will post pics later, when I have more time. I got 13 footers from seed that were 10-12 ft wide in every direction. They like get big. I got mad seeds of this, I'm gonna plant some outdoors in Hawaii for the New Years

Which Neville's Haze# X did you grow? #21?

Status
Not open for further replies.