What's new

Nevillehazeman's 600 watt OG Kush Single Plant SCROG

I will post later with more pics and an update on the OG kush scrog. In the mean time, I have been working on a soil recipe for the next scrog. If anybody give me some input and let me know if I'm too low on any nutes or have too many I'd appreciate it. I bought a bunch of stuff and split it into 3 bins for mixing. Here's what I've whipped up:

1.5 cu ft bag Edna't Best Potting Soil divided into 3 equal portions
1 cu ft bag Olympic Mountain Fish Compost divided into 3 equal portions
1 16 qt bag Black Gold worm castings divided into 3 equal portions (2 gallon pots full)
Into each bin containing 1/3 mixture add:
2 gallon pots full of perlite
1 gallon pot full of peat moss
1 1/2 cup Fox Farms steamed bone meal 3-13-0
3/4 cup Whitney Farms kelp meal 1-0.1-2
3/4 cup Lilly Miller blood meal 12-0-0
1/2 cup Azomite
3/4 cup Whitney Farms jersey greensand 0-0-3
1/2 cup Whitney Farms alfalfa meal 2-0.5-2
1/4 cup Lilly Miller bulb and bloom mix 4-10-10
1/2 cup Fox Farms bat guano 0-5-0
1 1/2 cup dolomite lime

I bought 3 bags ffof and I will be mixing a whole 1.5 cu ft bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest into each of the 3 bins. I will also be adding more perlite to assist with drainage. Is this a pretty complete mix or do I need anything else? The Olympic Mountain fish compost is a regional thing but here's some info on it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7471/is_200902/ai_n32318739/

It's a certified organic mix of composted yard waste, native northwest hardwoods and native fish.

silverhazefiend

"Aint no love in the heart of the city"
Veteran
I will post later with more pics and an update on the OG kush scrog. In the mean time, I have been working on a soil recipe for the next scrog. If anybody give me some input and let me know if I'm too low on any nutes or have too many I'd appreciate it. I bought a bunch of stuff and split it into 3 bins for mixing. Here's what I've whipped up:

1.5 cu ft bag Edna't Best Potting Soil divided into 3 equal portions
1 cu ft bag Olympic Mountain Fish Compost divided into 3 equal portions
1 16 qt bag Black Gold worm castings divided into 3 equal portions (2 gallon pots full)
Into each bin containing 1/3 mixture add:
2 gallon pots full of perlite
1 gallon pot full of peat moss
1 1/2 cup Fox Farms steamed bone meal 3-13-0
3/4 cup Whitney Farms kelp meal 1-0.1-2
3/4 cup Lilly Miller blood meal 12-0-0
1/2 cup Azomite
3/4 cup Whitney Farms jersey greensand 0-0-3
1/2 cup Whitney Farms alfalfa meal 2-0.5-2
1/4 cup Lilly Miller bulb and bloom mix 4-10-10
1/2 cup Fox Farms bat guano 0-5-0
1 1/2 cup dolomite lime

I bought 3 bags ffof and I will be mixing a whole 1.5 cu ft bag of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest into each of the 3 bins. I will also be adding more perlite to assist with drainage. Is this a pretty complete mix or do I need anything else? The Olympic Mountain fish compost is a regional thing but here's some info on it:

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_7471/is_200902/ai_n32318739/

It's a certified organic mix of composted yard waste, native northwest hardwoods and native fish.

No offense but mixing all of those in the wrong quantities will burn ur plants ..The ffof is good enough if u want u can add a little more nutes so u wont have 2 add any later for about a month 2 a month a half ...with the ffof the first signs of flower will be about 6-8 weeks then u should do ur first feeding...

option 2..Make ur own soil ..although its gonna take longer and still need 2 permate ..u can make the soil as strong as u want ...i wouldnt suggest u make ur own soil yet ..get a feel for the FFOF so can get a feeding pattern and growth rate ...so after the first run u can make changes ..

Time for an overdue update. The OG is looking good and has just finished her 20th day. I thought she was starting to slow down on the stretching but it seems like she's actually increased stretching the past few days!! The other day I had all of the branches trained below the screen and when the lights came on 12 hours later she had grown 2 inches above the screen in some spots! The next day I trained the branches when the lights first came on and had to do it 2 more times before the light shut off. I swear you can watch her grow before your eyes!! The stem is looking like a tree trunk and gets fat as fuck everyday.

I gave her some peruvian seabird guano the other night at a rate 7.5 tablespoons in 2.5 gallons water. I only let it sit for about 8 hours before applying it, hope it doesn't matter too much. I believe she has had a total of 4 or 5 feedings now with this and she has gotten plain water otherwise. She was last fed guano 2 or 3 nights ago. I gave her 4.5 gallons of water earlier today and she sucked it all up without spilling a drop. She might need more!! I'm going to whip up a batch of tea to give her tomorrow. I'm going to switch from Peruvian seabird guano to Jamaican Bat Guano. I haven't decided yet but I think I'll give her one last feeding of the Peruvian seabird guano so she has a little bit of nitrogen to last her for the rest of flowering. I'm ordering a pH meter soon and will post my finding with the runoff, etc. Is it bad to mix up the guano and water and not let it sit for a few days before applying it? Ideally I'd like to mix it and let it sit for 2.5-3 days and then throw in an airstone and bubble it up for a few hours before applying it. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Also any advice on soil recipes would also be appreciated.

mr cheese

this seriously your 1st ever grow?? if so your doing a sterling job my friend! couldn't ask for any better, lush green leaves ect, jst dnt push ur ec to much as organics dnt realy let you knw youv gone to far, you jst get a reduced yeild.. all the best n stay safe...mrc

using the guan straight away will be fine.. the guan i use you put ontop of the soil then water so you should be fine.

r1rider

Hi nevillehazeman Happy new year to you.

Well it looks like its going ok from the screen and underneath shots, keep getting her back under the screen untill she stretch`s no more, and i hope you are happy with your yield.
You shouldn`t do too badly if you have no more problems,

r1

The mystery spots have stopped. Damage remains on the older growth but no damage to any recent growth is apparent. I improved airflow a bit which may have helped but I think the light was too close for one thing, the plant need some magnesium, and I think it had a slight potassium deficiency. The light was definitely a bit close and it was a bit warm right under it. I gave the plant some epsom salts one night and that combined with raising the light seemed to stop the orange buckshot shit from spreading. There was some yellowing occurring and damage to the leaves but after a feeding or two of guano tea it seems to have gone away. I will take more pics when the light comes on and have another update. I'm going to prune her a bit and do some heavy bondage with this bitch. She's getting tied up tonight!!!:smokey: Thanks to everybody following this thread and giving advice. I'd like to see this girl finish flowering with as little trouble as possible. I hope things go smoothly and she puts out some DANK nuggers.

Mr Cheese- Thank you for the kind words. It's my first scrog and my first grow diary but not my first grow. It'll be the first grow I really paid attention to and tried to dial in the nutrients and other factors though. I've done a few half ass grows and got good yields and good bud but nothing spectacular. I didn't pay much attention to the plants before and knew little about nutrients and pests, etc. I also did a shitty job on the drying and didn't cure at all. I want to finally give these wonderful plants the respect they deserve and make sure the want for nothing until the very end. I'm working with some amazing strains right now so I know this time if I don't get super dank buds it was my fault and not the plant. I want to bring out their full potential. Have you ever heard of the grower oldtimer1 from the uk? I'd love to get a crack at some of his genetics.

R1rider-Happy new year to you too. I've got a feeling it's going to be a good decade hahaha. She's been pushing against the screen and it's made some of the branches grow downwards below the screen. Tonight she's getting all tied up. I'm hoping she'll fill up the whole screen then put out fat colas in most of the holes in the screen. I've got fingers crossed on this one!!

One more thing I forgot to mention. I found out more information on this cutting. The cutting was retrieved from Humboldt County around 3 years ago by a guy named Purple. I forgot the name of the town he picked it up in but he got it from some grower friends down there who picked it up as it was circulating through the emerald triangle. It made it's way to the emerald triangle from LA years before that and was offered in LA dispensaries as well. I'm hoping it's the real deal OG kush but who knows until it's done? It could just be a cutting of some shitplant.

I have a few different kinds of pollen in my freezer. What would happen if I carefully brushed a little pollen onto a few pistils on one far corner of the plant? Would she only make a few seeds in that spot and produce fat seedless buds everywhere else or would she put her focus into that area with the pollen. Would pollinating an area affect the potency of the rest of the unpollinated buds on the same plant?

hempluvr

plant pimp
Veteran
Go ahead and pollenate a small area. She will continue to make resinous buds everywhere else but she will also make u a small supply of seeds. U may end up with a few seeds in other places due to the fan blowing it around but other then that your plant will keep making sensi. Good luck and looking very nice. Stay safe and Keep It Green!

One Love 731

Veteran
Phillthy has a great water only soil recipe:

half bail of promix bx
1 bag fox farm ocean forest
1 cup miracle grow bone meal
1 cup miracle grow blood meal
1 cup dolomite lime
1 cup earth worm casings
mix well and only add water.

Check out his thread (https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=161391&do=filter&fid=67577), he gets as good of results as I have seen here at ICMag.

Also check out some of blazeoneup's soil threads(https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=95395), he changes his mix up from time to time but always has great results. Not positive but I think Phillthy's recipe came from Blaze, don't quote me though it may be the other way around. The only problem I can for see is with your long veg time to fill the screen there may need to be adjustments, maybe a layer of super soil toward the bottom of your container. Not sure, I'm trying to figure out how to go about a water only recipe myself. A PM to Blaze could help with an answer.

Your doing a great job, keep up the good work. Peace, pot and karma. One Love:ying:

One love 731 thanks for the soil recipes. I looked at the links and it looks pretty good to me. Hempluvr thanks for the tip on the pollenation.

She just finished day 21. When the lights came off there was a bit of runoff on the floor from her lost watering of 4.5 gallons straight water. I pH tested this using aquarium drops from wally world and I'd say the run off pH was about 6.1-6.2.